Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 16-08-2016, 09:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
You started off by posting about Qigong and said its about converting Chi, when I asked you what you convert Chi into you couldn't answer because your knowledge comes from copy & paste sites, then you post some chart about Neigong probably because your Daobums site is posting about it, so you throw in Neigong thinking it's the same as Qigong, sorry not so. Thats what happens you see when you jump from one thing to another without knowledge on the subject. It's funny though when you tell me to find a Teacher, typical jonesboy reply

Sky I posted multiple links and quotes about qigong. You kept asking even after I post reference after reference. It was all about qigong.

I posted one picture about neigong because you refused to read anything I posted.

Please go back and read my posts for a better understanding.

There is nothing wrong with posting references to what you are saying. It is a standard practice.

Please don't be mad that qigong does teach about Shen and you didn't know anything about it being a qigong teacher.

Wow.

Last edited by jonesboy : 16-08-2016 at 11:21 PM.
Old 17-08-2016, 12:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Sky I posted multiple links and quotes about qigong. You kept asking even after I post reference after reference. It was all about qigong.

I posted one picture about neigong because you refused to read anything I posted.

Please go back and read my posts for a better understanding.

There is nothing wrong with posting references to what you are saying. It is a standard practice.

Please don't be mad that qigong does teach about Shen and you didn't know anything about it being a qigong teacher.

Wow.

Wow, jonesboy I know all about Shen thats why I keep asking you, what does Chi convert into ?.
Don't say Shen or one of the 3 treasures because that is wrong..
Old 17-08-2016, 01:41 AM
Master
Quote:
Wow, jonesboy I know all about Shen thats why I keep asking you, what does Chi convert into ?.
Don't say Shen or one of the 3 treasures because that is wrong..

Okay Sky you are right and everyone else is wrong including Taoism.com

There is no progression in qigong, no 3 treasures and Shen isn't part of it.

Everyone is wrong but you.

Happy?
Old 17-08-2016, 02:07 AM
Master
Quote:
I teach Qigong and Yang Style Tai Chi, so I think I know about original Qigong

Awesome. I practiced martial arts for a time, and was really taken by that aspect of it.

Quote:
I also practise Tai Chi Sword, Kung Fu Fan and Baqua also Tuishou, so I can 100% be sure that converting chi is the wrong answer

It is cultivating not converting, you cannot convert chi. Hope this helps.
Old 17-08-2016, 02:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
The system used to set oneself free becomes its bondage. As, the system reinforces ones own belief that it is bound and dependent upon the system. To be completely free one must drop the belief in bondage and then its addiction to the system it believes it needs to set itself free will end.

Thus, systems act as prison guards for supposed prisoners, keeping them locked nice and safely inside the walls of their own prison, yet the supposed prisoner is really nothing more than a victim of its own beliefs. If one drops its belief in the thought of someone to be set free, then there is no use for a prison guard (system) because it sees clearly that there has in fact never been a prison because there is no prisoner, but only its identification with the thought of one.

Cool, there's a lot to be said for that, as systems tend to be behaviorally regulated, and as we might see, the things people say need be checked against discourse set in knowledge in the past, however, a cultural practice is not a confinement in itself, or even the organisation of people into a community, but can be thought of as the quality of relationship which lies between folk. Problem is, people become fond of their position with exists in relation to the positions of others, and cease to allow the fluidity where a son is son in this context and a father in another context and a husband in another and so on... and there begins to form a rigid self image. Then, in order to uphold that, all others around become subjugated to performing in ways that validate that image, and they too might internalise what then becomes socially projected as a 'status quo'... and at the heart of it we see this almost desperate clinging to knowledge as The Truth.
Old 17-08-2016, 02:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Within Silence
The system used to set oneself free becomes its bondage. As, the system reinforces ones own belief that it is bound and dependent upon the system. To be completely free one must drop the belief in bondage and then its addiction to the system it believes it needs to set itself free will end.

Thus, systems act as prison guards for supposed prisoners, keeping them locked nice and safely inside the walls of their own prison, yet the supposed prisoner is really nothing more than a victim of its own beliefs. If one drops its belief in the thought of someone to be set free, then there is no use for a prison guard (system) because it sees clearly that there has in fact never been a prison because there is no prisoner, but only its identification with the thought of one.

For sure. The system is an all encompassing relationship within each of us, in everyway the system is set up. So it makes sense that we end that relationship in us into a more aware and supportive connection of what is. Rather than building ideas and creations through our beliefs and perceptions attached as the system itself in us.

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 17-08-2016, 02:39 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Okay Sky you are right and everyone else is wrong including Taoism.com

There is no progression in qigong, no 3 treasures and Shen isn't part of it.

Everyone is wrong but you.

Happy?

Between you and Ryan windy there appears this pre occupation to make things *right* according to your knowledge.

Do you feel that as someone walking aware within this knowledge experiencing the knowledge more into being it, that you would not be submitting yourself to these kind of back and forth right and wrong aspects of knowledge within both of you?

It seems to me through observation that many of you being in this mode are trapped by the system of knowledge itself?

And that to me signals unnecessary attachments within itself.

‘...it is said that as long as one is in cyclic existence, one is in the grip of some form of suffering.’ ~ibid., p.48

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 17-08-2016, 03:44 AM
Suspended
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by naturesflow
Between you and Ryan windy

I must have a fan. I have not posted in almost two days, since page 8, and you are still talking about me. Would you like an autographed picture? lol
Old 17-08-2016, 03:46 AM
Suspended
[quote=naturesflow]Between you and Ryan windy there appears this pre occupation to make things *right* according to your knowledge.

Do you feel that as someone walking aware within this knowledge experiencing the knowledge more into being it, that you would not be submitting yourself to these kind of back and forth right and wrong aspects of knowledge within both of you?

It seems to me through observation that many of you being in this mode are trapped by the system of knowledge itself?

And that to me signals unnecessary attachments within itself.[quote]

naturesflow,

I think generally we view things at different angles most of the times. How we get them right is our concern.

Viewpoints at different angles with different supporting knowledge is essential for a nearly right answer. It's especially Buddhism at different regional cultivating by human through ages on earth.

What I want to say is they are: Hindu Buddhism,Thailand Buddhism, China Buddhism, Tibetan Buddhism, Japanese Buddhism, Korean Buddhism, American Buddhism..... I think they added certain elements of practices to their own regional Buddhism that's for sure.

Chinese Buddhism or social practices about worshipping of Gods are mingling together as a piece of worship sometimes. A lot of them are not Buddhism (but I can't give you any example). They are just social general pieces of worship of Gods.

When we go to the cosmos they are quite similar to the worship of Gods in China. Whatever they can learn they do learn so the only difference is their dharma level and positions or rankings among them. Or only good and bad is their differences. Not much about how to practice certain religion or dharma.....Gods are almost omniscient and it depends highly of their dharma.
Old 17-08-2016, 05:18 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by RyanWind
I must have a fan. I have not posted in almost two days, since page 8, and you are still talking about me. Would you like an autographed picture? lol

No

I said Ryan windy. Is that you?