Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 06-07-2017, 05:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
i hope this isnt taken the wrong way. im just sharing my perspective.

i dont know or understand the purpose of reading about somebody elses interpretation of their experience such as the lotus sutra

if somebody reads something or thinks something continually. that will be programmed into their mind.

all religions do this to get the product they want

thats what i see so i avoid it for the most part.

i try to only go by my own experience.

reading the bliss and silence explains everything but to the individual.

you can feel something that a book couldnt describe.

everything written down is counterfeit and people are trying to match their experience to it. which is a bit ridiculious imo.

im not trying to stop anybody and yourself from reading things. im just sharing my perception since it was brought up.

thanks for bringing up silence being shared. divine current can as well. my path is simply tuning into deepee depths of divine current. for me silence is a byproduct. sorta like a stream that flows stays clean.

The books let you know you have more to grow and when you are going off of track.

With my above post.

Form=Void. This is what can be achieved while still in the local mind.

Energy, being form increasing silence or better said knowing they are they same thing.

Void=Form is what happens beyond local mind. This is where all that arises comes from and is the silence which is you. Like realizing you are the source of it all.

In my experience the ecstasy that one experiences as the energy flows through is the energy hitting upon obstructions. As we progress the ecstatic feeling becomes less and less. The energy just flows through with nothing to hit.

Silence I have found also grows and changes. Clarity begins to really come forth. A moving beyond you as a being. Not mindfulness but beyond ego, beyond the concept of a you.

I use the books to confirm what I am experiencing.

Not all traditions are helpful.

For instance the transmission stuff that we are able to do. In Buddhism they don't think that is possible. In Kashmir Shaivism they most certainly do. Yet KS has no real concept of emptiness like in Buddhism...

They is why I tend to find truths in all traditions but don't follow any particular one. Wisdom is Wisdom. Nothing wrong with learning some of it.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
some of this stuff your posting i must say sounds helpful. i guess for me some of it is. and some stuff doesnt seem so much.

i like the stuff that describes the functions and energy. the philosophical how i am to be as a person i take as like programming.

As you know, I don't do any of those posted practices.

I posted them to help give others a deeper insight in Buddhism and energy practices related to Kundalini.

Above all Buddhism is a system of practices.. It is much more than just the 4 Noble Truths
Old 06-07-2017, 06:10 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Not all traditions are helpful.

For instance the transmission stuff that we are able to do. In Buddhism they don't think that is possible. In Kashmir Shaivism they most certainly do. Yet KS has no real concept of emptiness like in Buddhism...

They is why I tend to find truths in all traditions but don't follow any particular one. Wisdom is Wisdom. Nothing wrong with learning some of it.
The question still remains why you are seeking truths in traditions at all.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
The question still remains why you are seeking truths in traditions at all.

One can experience wonders, life changing states of being. Changes that not only change you but change everything around you.

If you are making it up on your own you are not going to go very far.

If you make up an energy practice. Do you have the depth to know if it is safe? Why not try one that has been proven effective for thousands of years?

Did you just know how to meditate? No instructions or advice from anyone?

Did you know what the various experiences meant, the changes you started to feel in daily life, within your body and your mind?

All these things have been experienced over and over again. The various meditative states are known. The states of being are known.

You look to what's known, so you don't have an experience and then all of a sudden start going around telling everyone your formless or pure presence etc. When you can read and find out what really happened.

The traditions are designed to speed the spiritual progress of a person in a safe manner.

They have been experienced over and over again, proven true by millions of people for centuries.

Must hold some value.... for those wise enough to look.

If not you might feel a little energy and all of a sudden think you are awakened
Old 06-07-2017, 06:21 PM
Master
Quote:
It's called Mahayana..

Nothing new world about it.

Why your constant need to attack the traditions is beyond me.

Remember, I am not a Buddhist nor do I practice anything Buddhist. I am just posting links and telling you what the traditions believe.

Without disparaging any tradition or belief system.

If you have an account at DharmaWheel. Here is a very interesting thread.

Kundalini Awakening vs Buddhist Awakening

https://dharmawheel.net/viewtopic.php?t=11435

It seems like a lot is beyond you
I was refering to your reference to ' New Buddhas ' not Mahayana
Old 06-07-2017, 06:22 PM
Suspended
Ascender

Quote:
One can experience wonders, life changing states of being. Changes that not only change you but change everything around you.

If you are making it up on your own you are not going to go very far.

If you make up an energy practice. Do you have the depth to know if it is safe? Why not try one that has been proven effective for thousands of years?

Did you just know how to meditate? No instructions or advice from anyone?

Did you know what the various experiences meant, the changes you started to feel in daily life, within your body and your mind?

All these things have been experienced over and over again. The various meditative states are known. The states of being are known.

You look to what's known, so you don't have an experience and then all of a sudden start going around telling everyone your formless or pure presence etc. When you can read and find out what really happened.

The traditions are designed to speed the spiritual progress of a person in a safe manner.

They have been experienced over and over again, proven true by millions of people for centuries.

Must hold some value.... for those wise enough to look.

If not you might feel a little energy and all of a sudden think you are a light worker or some such thing
Man, you are just addicted to stories
Old 06-07-2017, 06:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
It seems like a lot is beyond you
I was refering to your reference to ' New Buddhas ' not Mahayana

Geez,

Who do you think Guru Rinpoche is?

I already told you this.

What do you think Mahayana is? Where did the teachings come from?

New Buddhas.. which is part of Mahayana..

Now please stop arguing with me.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:31 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ground
Man, you are just addicted to stories

Only stories till you experience them.
Old 06-07-2017, 06:40 PM
Master
Quote:
Geez,

Who do you think Guru Rinpoche is?

I already told you this.

What do you think Mahayana is? Where did the teachings come from?

New Buddhas.. which is part of Mahayana..

Now please stop arguing with me.

Guru Rinpoche is Guru Rinpoche wasn't he the one born in the lotus flower and married a dikini say no more
Old 06-07-2017, 06:46 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Only stories till you experience them.

You rote but only on Tibetan Buddhism. That didn't represent the real Buddha Sakyamuni teaching. But you like it. It seems one sided to traditional practice only.