Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-12-2010, 05:25 AM
pre-dawn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
why doesn't anyone ever want to argue with me?
Now pull yourself together and stop crying!

(You may now answer 'but it hurts so much' or something. We'll take it from there.)
Old 29-12-2010, 09:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
This is a misunderstanding, andrew... an expectation based in nothing but belief.

When it happens in you, you'll know it all right.

I will tell you exactly why we dont 'know' it. Its because we lose the ability to compare. I wouldnt say that I have entirely lost that ability, but at some stage, as the process continues, I will do. At that point we will be unconscious of our consciousness. There will be no reference for anything other than consciousness. An experience of pure Now-ness. And there will be no 'one' to know that.

Another misunderstanding. You can't "try" to disappear into pure being, but it does happen... and then your awareness returns to the body-mind-world... transformed.

Thats basically what I said.

Really the most you can do is keep surrendering your mind's ideas and familiar patterns into the silent presence of your inner and infinite Being.

Xan

Or you can look at the need to keep surrendering and ask yourself who you are trying to be.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
I'm noticing some folks' urge to criticize and attack Tolle or Psychoslice or perhaps others who are actually awake in pure awareness. Jealousy, perhaps? Or some other perceived threat to one's identity?

It's good to practice self-awareness rather than throwing out prejudicial notions as they clearly arise from the ego-mind. Otherwise you're probably missing the opportunity to hear something that could move you on toward freedom.

Xan

Practicing self-awareness is about asking ourselves who and what we are trying to say about ourselves through our actions. Who and what were you trying to say about yourself when you wrote that post? That you practice self-awareness? That you are self-aware? That you are free? That you are awake?

I dont need an answer, it was a question for you.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Neville
The Truth , as spoken by any Guru , Is their truth, theur truth may not necessarily correspond or resonate your truth. So the Guru is up against it from the off because in trying to share something with you, they can appear to be imposing their version of their reality upon you. They are ostensibly damned if they do and damned if they don't.

There is something in that but I dont think they see it like that. I think they are at peace and just do what they do because that is what peace would have them do.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Andrew Cohen uses charts and stuff, but then he doesn't really point toward fully knowing our true nature.

And that's what teachers of Truth do... use words that point toward something that can't be described but can be intimately, silently experienced.

Xan

In my opinion, often the most helpful teachers are those that point away from experience itself. Experiences come and go. Truth doesnt.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mahakali
why doesn't anyone ever want to argue with me?

I did THINK about arguing with you if its any consolation :) If you want to argue it often helps to speak to someone specifically.
Old 29-12-2010, 09:33 AM
Master
In my opinion, often the most helpful teachers are those that point away from experience itself. Experiences come and go. Truth doesnt.

I like it Andrew
Old 29-12-2010, 10:59 AM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
Truth is the experience itself, not the words labels, descriptions, or beliefs we think about the experience.. Truth IS the experience.

Be well..
Old 29-12-2010, 11:10 AM
Master
To me the experience is secondary, if one disappears into what IS and comes out to tell what one experienced, then it cannot be what IS, it now becomes what was.
Old 29-12-2010, 11:14 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Truth is the experience itself, not the words labels, descriptions, or beliefs we think about the experience.. Truth IS the experience.

Be well..

An experience that comes without labels, descriptions or beliefs is not an experience that we have been conditioned to understand. It cannot be understood. The mind does not see this kind of 'experience' as an experience, thus the teachers point beyond 'experience' to Truth because they point beyond mind. In this sense, Truth is a non-experience, an experienceless experience, a direct experience. Take your pick out of these words.

Point is, when we are believing that we are having an experience or that there is one TO experience, we are not having a direct experience.