Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 03:33 PM
Wind of Grace

"Your vision will become clear only when you can look into your own heart.
Who looks outside dreams; who looks inside, awakes."

* Carl Jung

Old 06-10-2010, 03:39 PM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
Phlopper... If everything is seen as perfect the way it is, why seek anything? If you have everything you need, why seek more? There is dissatisfaction and need in seeking.

I did realize at some point that all is perfect exactly the way it is, but this realization happened for me while I was searching my own heart for answers about the nature of existence. I do understand that some people will realize these knowings without ever searching at all, but such has not been my personal experience.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:43 PM
Master
'How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn't see'
Old 06-10-2010, 03:45 PM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
Gem... 'How many times can a man turn his head and pretend he just doesn't see'

... as many times a he chooses to.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Everything in the universe is moving toward Truth because nothing else works. Even the exploration of dead ends is necessary because it tells us what doesn't work.

Yeah mon... And I say it pretty often the search for the truth reveals the fasity in the way and that is the value of it.

But... only the belief in the Truth causes the search thereof, thus the belief in the Truth is the most abhorrant falsity.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:04 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Suffering is created in the mind and so it is determined subjectively. There isn't a suffering that an individual is not aware of. However, the nature of dualistic experience is such that joy cannot be known without sorrow, etc, so when an individual claims he does not suffer, either he experiences no love, joy or peace in his life, which for the individual IS suffering, or he's saying he has accomplished the impossible and has created a one-ended stick.

I think suffering is in life but severe adversions to it are caused in the mind. Joy is inlife but severe craving of it is caused in the mind. Joy and sorrow are both known.

The stick has a pivot point and can retain an even balance, desires make attactments and aversions make resistance. Ya don't want the stick to tilt too far either way.

No good craving love/joy and no good hating pain and anguish... that tilts the stick.

Best to take the good with the bad in fair and equal measure, coz that's life, all things will pass.
Old 06-10-2010, 04:36 PM
LaMont Cranston

Seeking & Finding...

OK, it's time for me to jump in here, so here goes. (By the way, it's nice to see y"all, aloha!)

There are those who keep and keep on seeking forever. There's nothing inherently wrong with that, because the experience of seeking can take you to some very interesting places. Even the idea that you can look for truth in "all the wrong places" is rather strange. If you're seeking for truth, you have absolutely no way of knowing that a place is wrong until you've examined it.

There are also those who seek and find what they are seeking. (Whether they have actually found that which they seek is another matter.) Once they have found their truth, they can use that truth to better live their own lives and to do what they can to make the world a better place.

Some of those who seek the truth can have a huge impact on the world (i.e. Jesus, Buddha, Gandhi, Confucious, etc.), and others may impact the world in relatively small and anonymous ways.

I've got to take a bit of issue with Gem's last line about how it's "best to take the good with the bad in fair and equal measure." For each one of us, the journey (if you consider it a journey) to know what Truth is must begin with us. Once we find that Truth (i.e. it's better to love than hate), we do not have to live with equal measures of good and bad, love and hate, etc. The Truth that we find lets us know undeniably that we are the ones who decide how much of those things we have in our lives.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:09 PM
kaze

the only place you will find the truth is within.

i once found the combination to a safe.
Old 06-10-2010, 07:03 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

There is dissatisfaction and need in seeking.
That 'can' be a motive, and likely is most often, but.. genuine curiosity is not born of dissatisfaction, sometimes we seek simply because we 'can'.. simply because curiosity is our primal fundamental nature.. from the original 'curiosity', when 'God' pondered, 'What AM I', we have the Universe still answering that question.. and, as 'God' is limitless, so is the answer.. (as above, so below)

Be well..
Old 06-10-2010, 08:49 PM
kaze

when you do 'find' this truth, after a while, it loses some of it novelty, believe me
Closed Thread