Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 10-06-2012, 06:43 AM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by RichMartini
That being said, I did interview a woman who claimed she remembered a lifetime being Carole Lombard. Working in the film biz, I'm pretty aware of Carole's story, and this Michigan housewife claimed to never have seen her movies - and she didn't contact me, her therapist did, saying "you should talk to her." I found that she had many details of this lifetime that I had to research and discover - and some that were unusual - the type of car that she and Clark drove in, how they met, where they first made love, etc. Then details of her death, the plane accident - stuff that I had to really dig to confirm, like the reasons she was there, and how she actually died.

but this woman wasn't trying to sell her story, or even tell anyone about it - there are quite a few actresses in hollywood who claim psychics told them they were carole lombard - but this woman has huge chunks of memory about her.

I'm not specifically commenting on the Lombard case you refer to as I do not know the details, although it's well known to some that Julia Robert's niece believes she was Carole Lombard (because a psychic told her). I don't know enough about either case to make a judgement, but does memory alone prove a case of reincarnation, if there are no other criteria (no physical likeness, no soul group identified etc. etc).

I mean, I could read a written biography of a Joe Blogg today and spout off innumerable facts and many intimate details about Joe Blogg to you (which you and others may not be aware of). Does this then make it that I am Joe Blogg because I know so many things about his life? Could this not be what happens in the spirit world, where we are given access to the lives lived of others - for learning purposes - and then we carry those memories with us (as that is what we - the soul - have experienced), but some of us recall these memories later and inadvertently mistake them as a life we have personally lived, when in fact this is not the case? This is a question to you, not a statement.

I am asking because I have come across a couple of cases, where the person was so convinced of who they were (they had vivid memories and dreams) .... but upon taking a closer look they were actually other people strongly connected to those they mistakedly believed they were.

I would never consider physical likeness alone as proof of a past life without any other evidence being present. But neither can I just accept vivid memories as being enough/convincing proof of a past life .... there has to be much more than this if we're to convince non-believers of the validity of reincarnation.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:51 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Wow. That's the second time I lost a long post - I better make them shorter.

Or you could highlight the whole thread and right click copy it before hitting the "submit reply" button. Then that way, if you do lose it the first time, you can just past it onto a new page

You do bring up interesting points. And I like your story about Carole Lombard. Though I'd also like to add that the entire new lifetime isn't so completely scripted out, that everything happens exactly as we've planned it to happen. Including the few parts that we actually did try to plan out in advance. I've kind of got some first hand experience with that one, unfortunately. Free will still plays a big part of just how successful you are at achieving the goals you've set out for yourself.
Old 10-06-2012, 06:59 AM
Trieah

Quote:
Originally Posted by *whitefeather
I would never consider physical likeness alone as proof of a past life without any other evidence being present. But neither can I just accept vivid memories as being enough/convincing proof of a past life .... there has to be much more than this if we're to convince non-believers of the validity of reincarnation.

I do agree that there has to be more. But even when there is compelling evidence, some people are still just going to disagree with the whole "theory" of reincarnation.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:17 PM
RichMartini

I absolutely agree Whitefeather - most people who think they're famous folks in a previous lifetime discover under deeper examination that they weren't. I've seen people describe as Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King greeting them in the afterlife, but it requires a trained therapist to be able to ask the kind of appropriate questions as to why they think these folks are appearing.

And yes, science describes past life memory as cryptomnesia - meaning you heard it or saw it at some point and you're making up the details. However, <snip> there's quite a bit of evidence - details of non famous people that are searchable and verifiable. For example I filmed a session where a man had had some memories of being a gunslinger in a past life. During his session, he was able to clarify his memory - that he had been shot by a gunslinger, killed in the famous Tombstone Arizona. He had a name and town this man was from in the early 1800s.

I was able to verify this man's name, as they recorded everyone in Boot Hill, and how they got there. I was also able to verify the obscure town this man was from in Arkansas. I've done this with numerous cases - including holocaust memories, deaths in the Civil War, World War II and others. The difference is that the internet now allows you to pretty quickly find the details of someone's lifetime. You might examine the ABC reincarnation video that is posted on youtube and other sights where a young boy remembers his life and death as a wwii pilot - and they track down a fellow pilot who is still alive and confirmed the details of this child's memory. The BBC has posted a few of those as well.

But I agree with you that people who think they were so and so, or are seeing such and such, need the benefit of a trained therapist who can get to the root of those memories. In the case of this Carole Lombard person, I interviewed her and the therapist. I didn't interview her on camera, but over the phone, so there's a lot that I haven't been able to examine further <snip>. But a psychic telling you you were a famous individual (Marilyn Monroe comes to mind) is the most dubious of cases, because those details and those lifetimes are easy to access.

In terms of Trieah's point about the theory of reincarnation, I'd recommend looking into the many scientists who've spent years examining this - Ian Stevenson at the University of Virginia had thousands of cases he documented and wrote peer review articles about. Gary Schwartz Ph.D of Harvard and Yale (and who offered to write the forward to my book) has cataloged a number of scientific triple blind cases where he was able to confirm details of esp - he's currently working on a study with past life regression.

I'd offer that the belief that consciousness ends with death is merely that; a belief - there's no evidence that it doesn't continue on, and thus makes it a theory that consciousness dies with us at death. On the other hand, there's quite a bit of evidence - and there's no peer reviewed research yet, as there are no peer reviewers - that consciousness survives after death, and as such, points to these studies of reincarnation as truth. Here's a scientist talking about a Near death experience, and how it changed his view of these matters, if you wait to the end, there's a wonderful moment where he realizes who his spirit guide might be: http://www.btci.org/bioethics/2012/videos2012/vid3.html

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 07:56 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:05 AM
Knower
Reply in red text.

Quote:
I absolutely agree Whitefeather - most people who think they're famous folks in a previous lifetime discover under deeper examination that they weren't. I've seen people describe as Mother Theresa, Martin Luther King greeting them in the afterlife, but it requires a trained therapist to be able to ask the kind of appropriate questions as to why they think these folks are appearing.
Sometimes a trained therapist is the way to go, but that isn't always essential/necessary - just simply asking the right questions and investigating a little is sometimes more than adequate.

And yes, science describes past life memory as cryptomnesia - meaning you heard it or saw it at some point and you're making up the details. However, <snip> there's quite a bit of evidence - details of non famous people that are searchable and verifiable. For example I filmed a session where a man had had some memories of being a gunslinger in a past life. During his session, he was able to clarify his memory - that he had been shot by a gunslinger, killed in the famous Tombstone Arizona. He had a name and town this man was from in the early 1800s.

I was able to verify this man's name, as they recorded everyone in Boot Hill, and how they got there. I was also able to verify the obscure town this man was from in Arkansas.

I’m not suggesting here that the gunslinger life was in fact not a past life of this man. (It may very well be so). However, even if you were able to verify some of the details he gave during his regression session that you filmed, what other criteria did you use to confirm that these 2 people are the same soul? .... Facial analysis, astrology, numerology, handwriting comparison, soul group id etc.. ?

I will go back to what I said in my previous post, is it not possible that some people may actually recall another soul’s life due to having been given access to that other soul’s story/akashic records (for learning purposes perhaps) when on the other side? (From memory, I'm sure Newton touches upon this in his research - my books are in storage at the moment so I cannot look to find where this is specifically talked about).

May it then not be possible that some people inadvertently mistake another soul’s life as their own. If so, how do you then determine (prove) that the person being regressed is actually relaying the memories of a life they have personally lived, rather than someone else’s? I mean, if I was regressed, could I not relay during my regression session what I had read in Joe Blogg’s biography in a prior life? In this instance, even if you were able to verify some of the details I gave about Joe Blogg's life in my session, you would be wrong to conclude that I lived the life of Joe.

I've done this with numerous cases - including holocaust memories, deaths in the Civil War, World War II and others. The difference is that the internet now allows you to pretty quickly find the details of someone's lifetime. You might examine the ABC reincarnation video that is posted on youtube and other sights where a young boy remembers his life and death as a wwii pilot - and they track down a fellow pilot who is still alive and confirmed the details of this child's memory. The BBC has posted a few of those as well.

In the well known case of James Leininger, his memories were able to be verified by other things. For one thing there is a strong facial resemblance to the pilot. Children also, generally speaking, have not been exposed to the amount of data (the internet etc.) that an adult has. Although, even if a person - either a child OR ADULT - has been exposed to material readily accessible from the internet or other sources, doesn't mean we just assume their memories are false or tainted - that is a mistake.

The astrology in Leininger’s case is also astonishing! (That sort of evidence can't be manufactured). In addition, as the pilot’s sister is still living, she was able to personally confirm certain things about James her pilot brother, that no-one else knew; but James Leininger seemed to know. So ... in that particular case, there were A NUMBER OF THINGS that corroborated James Leininger’s memories.

.... but in cases where there are just memories (whether gained through regression or private meditation and dreams), how does one verify the memories? The further back in time we go, the harder it is to do so.
Do you consider memories that are relayed via a regression session (undertaken by a professional therapist) to always be - in every single case - indicative of a life the person has personally lived? If so, how do you know this? How have you gone about proving this?

But I agree with you that people who think they were so and so, or are seeing such and such, need the benefit of a trained therapist who can get to the root of those memories. In the case of this Carole Lombard person, I interviewed her and the therapist. I didn't interview her on camera, but over the phone, so there's a lot that I haven't been able to examine further <snip>. But a psychic telling you you were a famous individual (Marilyn Monroe comes to mind) is the most dubious of cases, because those details and those lifetimes are easy to access.

.... then the case of Carole Lombard has not been proven.

As for the documented Marilyn Monroe case I think you are referring to, I am not commenting on the specific details of that here. However, someone lived the life of Marilyn Monroe (and Napoleon, and Joan of Arc etc). These souls exist - they are real entities. Even if the details of Marilyn's life are well known to many and easily accessible in print material and on the internet, if the soul who was Marilyn Monroe presents themselves claiming to have been her, do we just immediately assume they are dubious because Marilyn's story is well known .... and even more dubious if a psychic told them? ..... Provided I can see some solid evidence I will not be dismissive.

A psychic who tells someone they were X in a past life, may not be wrong. The only thing it's wrong to do is to presume they are right, without any proper, thorough investigation. (By the way I've told others who I believe they were in a prior life, and I don't consider myself a flake nor their cases dubious).

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 07:57 AM.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:50 PM
RichMartini

Hi, thanks for your reply Whitefeather.

Again, I'm reported what people say under deep hypnosis about the afterlife. I'm not trying to prove or disprove what they are saying. What I am pointing out is the consistency of what they are saying.

According to their testimony, we choose our next lifetime. It is not a choice that is done for them by karma or any other reason. They make the choice with the help of their soul mates and spirit guides. So someone who was a Tibetan can become an African, or vice versa. They don't have to look like their previous incarnation whatsover. Sometimes women become men - men become women. You're applying your knowledge of Earth phenomenon - identifying marks and the like - as part of the process. People don't report that to be the case.

That being said, Ian Stevenson covered thousands of cases where there were similar marks - identifying marks from one life to the next. A hand crushed in a car accident for example, bearing marks from the accident in the next lifetime.

I can only tell you that these folks say that there's an energetic process that retains past life memories as a form of energy - and that these energetic memories travel with us in the form of fractals or geometric shapes, which contain the actual energy. <snip>

I tend to focus on cases that where someone gives a specific detail about a past life. Is everyone 100% accurate about their memories of that life? No, if you can imagine, the memory is carried like an old hard drive containing all the information - and as such is subject to wear and tear. One of the clients interviewed said that these fractals are taken 'into the shop" or a classroom where people are able to clean off energies or disruptions that have occurred. Like cleaning a hard drive. Again - just reporting the facts.

I've found that when someone accesses these memories - they may not have an exact date, or may have a partial name (just the way psychics say "I see the letter J" when they might have said an entire name). The difference is that the client is seeing this information and interpreting it for themselves.

In Gary Schwartz Ph.D's study of psychic phenomena (Harvard/Yale) he found that the best psychics were about 80% correct in triple blind studies. He found the average is around 60% and the better psychics were in the 70% range. That means even the best psychics are wrong about details 2 out of ten times - and those could be key details. I've found about the same percentage when someone is recounting a past life - names dates, etc.

In the case of the gunslinger, he had a name, an occupation, and a town this guy was from. I found that name and occupation when I searched extensively for it. A woman gave her family name and their place of birth in Warsaw before dying in Auschwitz. I found the name in the records of Auschwitz. (could it have been another person? Of course). In the case of a woman who claimed she was born in a country that was once Denmark but is now Germany, I was able to trace that detail - and where that place is.

I'm a filmmaker - I'm not a forensic historian. <snip> I'm just saying do the research as well.

In my own research, and examined these past lives, including my own through two 6 hour life between life sessions, I can tell you that they don't feel as if I'm accessing some other person's life. I can vouch for numerous folks,including friends of mine who did these sessions and had the same feeling.

I have one case I'm working on where the person remembered a past life in the court of a famous King. And when asked if there was anyone else in the court that they recognized from this life, they claimed to recognize the King as someone they're very close to now. This person hasn't told the friend, and I'll be flying to New York City with a different therapist who won't know any details of this story to see if there's any information I can gain.

I posted it in another forum, but I had a friend from Oxford who remembered a past life with a woman who lives in Boston. I arranged for that woman - who didn't hear anything of this man's past life memory - to have a session with a therapist in NYC who knew nothing of this man's case (I arranged for the session). And she had the same past life memory as this man in London had. Two different people, two different cities, two different therapists - and the same past life memory. <snip>

Personally I find the concept of celebrity nonsense, but perhaps that's because I've met my share of them. *grin* Either way, thanks for posting.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:00 AM.
Old 14-06-2012, 09:51 PM
Knower
I dreamed of being a famous person but i had blonde hair lol, i was in a dressing room, talking to a girl in the next dressing room, she saying she's getting fat and hopes they don't see it, because she will get fired, won't have a job, i told her to get a girdle, it sucks your fat in under your clothing, so they won't know your getting fat, i was putting on this long beautiful shiny silvery squein gown, with long white gloves, i walked outa the dressing room to a small mirror near the door way, when i looked at myself, i had the really white skin, my hair had curles that were on the sides of my face, like that betty boo cartoon, than i thought hey this aint me? and i walked out of the dressing room started walking through a big dark back stage, people were running and walking with me to where ever i was going too, than thats all i remembered
Old 06-07-2012, 06:51 AM
Meg88

Quote:
Originally Posted by TravellingTwin
Stretched across the beam either side, in the normal way you see it. but kinda more loosely and bent, and his head was down to his right, against his right shoulder, his face looking across the crowd. He was still alive in the vision I have in my head, and had not long been put up. I can't see any top to the cross, if that makes any sense, though there may have been a small one (maybe a few inches high) to support his head x

Hmm...although interesting, I would like to point out that historians already proved Jesus didn't actually die on a cross. ;)

I do believe we have all lived before, but you all sound very silly.
Old 06-07-2012, 08:32 AM
RichMartini

Hi Meg88 - I'm not aware of any historians that claim Jesus didn't die on a cross. But I am aware of a group of people who believe he survived the crucifixion (it's reported in the qur'an as he did and went to India as a preacher).

I've found it interesting in my own research that there are many folks who claim they remember a lifetime where they knew Jesus (Brian Weiss is one of them "many lives, many masters") I interviewed a woman <snip> who claimed the same thing. It's just interesting.

I'm a little more interested in comparing cases - not so much that one person remembers a past life, but more than one person - and if anything they say about the journey is repeated in other journeys. (I've found that the thousands of cases of Michael Newton's research "Journey of Souls") can be replicated, as I've done by filming sessions. So far, so good.

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 11-07-2012, 04:31 PM
Benoit84

I thought I'd add this here instead of starting a new thread. I posted before about the different dreams and visions I've had which could be past life related, but one in particular always stuck with me and I would feel a push to try and research who I was, because i just *knew* I'd be able to find her. It was a deep intuition.

So, over the weekend I tried to find who I was during my Revolutionary War life. In the dream I had, I dreamt I was holding a baby and went to answer the door. There was a British officer, with 2 soldiers behind him. I didn't hear any words exchanged, it just skipped to another scene of me trying to run away when I was shot twice in the back.

The only woman I could find whose story was even remotely similar was Hannah Caldwell. She was the wife of a reverend, who was wanted by the British because he frequently spoke out against them. They had 9 children, including an 8 month old when she was shot. But, like with many events of the Revolution, there are many different versions of what really happened. I believe in my heart that I was her in my past life. She isn't "famous" famous, but her death made her more like a mythical figure of the Revolution to gain more support for the patriot cause.