Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 12-02-2020, 12:23 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
I mean even Jesus had that one down. Render unto Caesar that which is Caesar's. Render unto God that which is God. Did you miss that one too?

You do realize this was Jesus' response to a question about paying taxes, right? So here we have Jesus saying basically the exact same thing the Vedantic non-dualists say. I guess you don't pay much heed to the teachings of Jesus either? Many consider His teachings in essence non-dualist.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:32 AM
Master
Quote:
You do realize this was Jesus' response to a question about paying taxes, right? So here we have Jesus saying basically the exact same thing the Vedantic non-dualists say. I guess you don't pay much heed to the teachings of Jesus either? Many consider His teachings in essence non-dualist.
Incorrect and out of context as always:

16So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they answered. 17Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.” And they marveled at Him. 18Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus and questioned Him:…

Source of quote: https://biblehub.com/mark/12-17.htm
Old 12-02-2020, 12:38 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeS80
Like I said, you changed the subject by saying that I avoid paying taxes, which is a lie and is irrelavent to the discussion that was taking place at the time. I am done with your mental and emotional conditioning and manipulating. Please go away and leave me alone. I am done having this discussion only with you, nobody else, I will still be here.

Excuse me, but didn't you post this?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=25

You can't have it both ways, preaching something that goes completely and utterly against the grain of the actual spiritual tradition and then not even abiding by what you preach.

Let me restate. You state there is only good because all is God and only people stuck in concepts of ego see bad. You go out of your way, violating tax law, to avoid a civic obligation. I'd say that indicates you don't exactly consider paying taxes good. You don't practice what you preach.

Just so I'm very clear on this, I am only refuting the philosophy you espouse with the very example of your own behavior as described by what you yourself post.

That is not changing the subject. If you want to post some great revelation you had about non-dualism that in no way, shape or form reflects actual non-dualism and as a message and means to educate others on this forum I'd say your very own posts and words in their entirety are open for examination to see if you are consistent.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:43 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
Incorrect and out of context as always:

16So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?” “Caesar’s,” they answered. 17Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.” And they marveled at Him. 18Then the Sadducees, who say there is no resurrection, came to Jesus and questioned Him:…

Source of quote: https://biblehub.com/mark/12-17.htm

Not incorrect and not out of context.

https://biblehub.com/bsb/mark/12.htm

Paying Taxes to Caesar
(Matthew 22:15-22; Luke 20:19-26)

Later, they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to catch Jesus in His words. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that You are honest and seek favor from no one. Indeed, You are impartial and teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar or not? Should we pay them or not?”

But Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denariusc to inspect.” So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they answered.

Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

And they marveled at Him.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:52 AM
Master
Quote:
Not incorrect and not out of context.

https://biblehub.com/bsb/mark/12.htm

Paying Taxes to Caesar
(Matthew 22:15-22; Luke 20:19-26)

Later, they sent some of the Pharisees and Herodians to catch Jesus in His words. “Teacher,” they said, “we know that You are honest and seek favor from no one. Indeed, You are impartial and teach the way of God in accordance with the truth. Is it lawful to pay taxes to Caesar or not? Should we pay them or not?”

But Jesus saw through their hypocrisy and said, “Why are you testing Me? Bring Me a denariusc to inspect.” So they brought it, and He asked them, “Whose image is this? And whose inscription?”

“Caesar’s,” they answered.

Then Jesus told them, “Give to Caesar what is Caesar’s, and to God what is God’s.”

And they marveled at Him.
A image of Caesar or an image of anyone who is currently in government office are not on our money So, Yes it is incorrect and out of context.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:56 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
A image of Caesar or an image of anyone who is currently in government office are not on our money So, Yes it is incorrect and out of context.

Hahahahahah! You deny the Cosmos to beg for a few (unethical and illegal!) crumbs. Sorry, not non-dualism.
Old 12-02-2020, 12:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Excuse me, but didn't you post this?

http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...7&postcount=25

You can't have it both ways, preaching something that goes completely and utterly against the grain of the actual spiritual tradition and then not even abiding by what you preach.

Let me restate. You state there is only good because all is God and only people stuck in concepts of ego see bad. You go out of your way, violating tax law, to avoid a civic obligation. I'd say that indicates you don't exactly consider paying taxes good. You don't practice what you preach.

Just so I'm very clear on this, I am only refuting the philosophy you espouse with the very example of your own behavior as described by what you yourself post.

That is not changing the subject. If you want to post some great revelation you had about non-dualism that in no way, shape or form reflects actual non-dualism and as a message and means to educate others on this forum I'd say your very own posts and words in their entirety are open for examination to see if you are consistent.
What does paying or not paying property taxes have anything to do with spirituality, non-duality, oneness etc etc? Absolutely nothing. You are just fishing.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:00 AM
Master
Quote:
Hahahahahah! You deny the Cosmos to beg for a few (unethical and illegal!) crumbs. Sorry, not non-dualism.
You saying it is illegal and unethical is a big fat lie
Old 12-02-2020, 01:06 AM
JustASimpleGuy

Quote:
What does paying or not paying property taxes have anything to do with spirituality, non-duality, oneness etc etc? Absolutely nothing. You are just fishing.

Do I have to repeat this again? Okay...

You clearly stated, too many times to count, there's only good because all is God and concepts of bad, wrong and negative are non-dualistic thinking and concepts of ego. By the very act of avoiding something the law requires you to do you demonstrate you view the act of paying taxes as bad, wrong, negative. By your very own definition you are violating the tenets of your invented non-dualism, not to mention breaking the law.

It's also unethical to avoid paying your fair share when you know full well someone else will have to pick up your tab.

It is selfish behavior, violates your own 'spiritual' tenets and lacks compassion for those who might have to pick up your share and have to sacrifice to do so. You don't give them a second thought, do you? You also don't give a second thought to what happens if you get into an automobile accident and severely injure someone and without being licensed or driving a registered and insured vehicle. Gob forbid that happens and you put the sole source of income for an entire family in the ICU or worse.

You don't consider any of this, only how much more money you'll have in your pocket and how much you'll enjoy your hundreds of acres. Never mind the damage you could very well inflict on someone not as fortunate as yourself.

Yeah, I question the spirituality in that.
Old 12-02-2020, 01:08 AM
Master
Quote:
Do I have to repeat this again? Okay...

You clearly stated, too many times to count, there's only good because all is God and concepts of bad, wrong and negative are non-dualistic thinking and concepts of ego. By the very act of avoiding something the law requires you to do you demonstrate you view the act of paying taxes as bad, wrong, negative. By your very own definition you are violating the tenets of your invented non-dualism, not to mention breaking the law.

It's also unethical to avoid paying your fair share when you know full well someone else will have to pick up your tab.

It is selfish behavior, violates your own 'spiritual' tenets and lacks compassion for those who might have to pick up your share and have to sacrifice to do so. You don't give them a second thought, do you? You also don't give a second thought to what happens if you get into an automobile accident and severely injure someone and without being licensed or driving a registered and insured vehicle. Gob forbid that happens and you put the sole source of income for an entire family in the ICU or worse.

You don't consider any of this, only how much more money you'll have in your pocket and how much you'll enjoy your hundreds of acres. Never mind the damage you could very well inflict on someone not as fortunate as yourself.

Yeah, I question the spirituality in that.
hahaha you are an emotionally attached ignorant liar. The worse kind of a liar is a do gooder liar.