Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 21-01-2011, 11:26 PM
Master
So in that context, we are bound to have a healthy amount of sibling rivalry yes? lol
Old 21-01-2011, 11:32 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
So in that context, we are bound to have a healthy amount of sibling rivalry yes? lol

Yes! Siblings fall out dont they...! As a group I think we have a depth of connection between us, even though its bumpy, and thats because there is a level of authenticity.
Old 21-01-2011, 11:44 PM
Master
Well I have 5 siblings and although we don't argue these days, in the past we have and yet no, we have not fallen out ... I guess we have trusted the strength of our connection ...
Old 21-01-2011, 11:50 PM
Master
i think these things happened when a wayward taoist debated with a part time advaita-vedantist. hehe

there is no common frame of reference to connect one another.

Old 21-01-2011, 11:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Well I have 5 siblings and although we don't argue these days, in the past we have and yet no, we have not fallen out ... I guess we have trusted the strength of our connection ...

By 'fallen out' I just meant 'argue', thats all. I wouldnt say I have a depth of connection with my sister because we have rarely connected authentically. Thats ok though, there is no deep grievance between us, we are just not that connected.
Old 21-01-2011, 11:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
i think these things happened when a wayward taoist debated with a part time advaita-vedantist. hehe

there is no common frame of reference to connect one another.

Thing is I like the tao. I get what you are saying though. I kind of see it as 2 opposing angles. Kind of like Bob approaching the centre from 270 degrees and me approaching the centre from 40 degrees. Its not even a direct head on collision, more of a sideways awkward angles kind of collision.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:05 AM
Master
tao is a pathless path, the goal is to have no goal.
on the other hand, your spiritual goals are very clear cut and specifically defined.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:27 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
tao is a pathless path, the goal is to have no goal.
on the other hand, your spiritual goals are very clear cut and specifically defined.

My goal is also to have no goal. Im just clear as to what sort of person I would be if I had no goal.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:30 AM
Master
whwh
Quote:
Everyone belongs here if this is where they choose to be ...

i made a sum up re-enactment with my intention disclosed.

andrew to tzu - i do care how i project my self image, why can't you?

hybrid - what if tzu doesn't care?

andrew - i do because it is useful. makes us very conscious. but the....
1. unconscious
2. enlightened
3. neo adviata
...has nothing to do with it. (that is being pre- concerned about self images)

hybrid - so if tzu doesn't care about his self image, where do you think he belongs in the 3 categories you stated? is it no. 2? (if i say no 1 i imply that he is unconscious and i know he is not neo ad. so 3 is the likely option why he didn't care about projections.)

andrew - no he does not belong to the enlightened state because he still to be want to be somebody.

hybrid - if tzu has gone to the source only to find out that the source is undefined and it is up to him to define himself to be somebody, what's wrong with that?

andrew - did not answer the question directly and instead relate his spiritual aspirations

hybrid - isn't the the moment of realization is the dropping all spiritual aspirations?

no answer

kate comes in...
holster unbuttoned. hehe

Last edited by hybrid : 22-01-2011 at 02:46 AM.
Old 22-01-2011, 12:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew g
My goal is also to have no goal. Im just clear as to what sort of person I would be if I had no goal.
oh i thought you were gunning with all your post with peace and joy.
what sort of person you imagine yourself to be if you have no more goal?