Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 02-06-2020, 08:55 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustASimpleGuy
Have you ever had a lucid dream? When while still in dreaming reality you attain waking consciousness? You realize you are not the dream character but the dreamer?

I suggest realization is the exact same thing. While in waking reality you realize you are not the waking mind-body but the Source projecting the waking mind-body.

That is what i have realized too but a little bit different. I realized that i am not the body or the mind but i am awareness that is "consciousness" or conscious of a world, body and mind and the world, body and mind is inside my consciousness. That is like a lucid dream yes.

So you might ask, is awareness and consciousness the same thing? To me consciousness is a subject aware of object's or it's the space filled with objects that you(subject/awareness) are aware of but awareness is the thing you use and to me that is what you really are, you are Awareness itself. So consciousness is dualistic in nature and awareness is non dual.

So with this realization it's like the whole "world" is inside your consciousness or your consciousness = the world = dream :)

The thing i am wondering is does it go deeper than that like can you wake up to another reality which to me is just your consciousness becoming a new space with new objects in your consciousness that you as awareness wakes up to.

So is there another dream like a dream within a dream or is this the only dream itself and all there is??
Old 02-06-2020, 09:06 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony c
That is what i have realized too but a little bit different. I realized that i am not the body or the mind but i am awareness that is "consciousness" or conscious of a world, body and mind and the world, body and mind is inside my consciousness. That is like a lucid dream yes.

So you might ask, is awareness and consciousness the same thing? To me consciousness is a subject aware of object's or it's the space filled with objects that you(subject/awareness) are aware of but awareness is the thing you use and to me that is what you really are, you are Awareness itself. So consciousness is dualistic in nature and awareness is non dual.

So with this realization it's like the whole "world" is inside your consciousness or your consciousness = the world = dream :)

The thing i am wondering is does it go deeper than that like can you wake up to another reality which to me is just your consciousness becoming a new space with new objects in your consciousness that you as awareness wakes up to.

So is there another dream like a dream within a dream or is this the only dream itself and all there is??

Niz said "Why go beyond the dream, you will only find more dream" :). Nevertheless it seems there can be a resonance (surprisingly) with aspects of the dream, such as All is One, that can end the search with another dream that the separate person has become enlightened.:)
Old 02-06-2020, 02:02 PM
Master
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iamit
Niz said "Why go beyond the dream, you will only find more dream" :). Nevertheless it seems there can be a resonance (surprisingly) with aspects of the dream, such as All is One, that can end the search with another dream that the separate person has become enlightened.:)
Hi-Ho journeyman Anthony!

In contrapoint to Iamit's saying, I (davidsun) say: whatever you see/dream (at any given point) as being 'your' 'world' is only a (relatively) small part of what's really 'happening'.

From my treatise: "Peeps not infrequently [become] ensconced in grotesquely demoniacal (as seen by anyone who isn’t similarly deluded, that is!) box‑smugness*wherefrom they regard and relate to others who don’t live in the same ‘box’ in condescending (hence ultimately Love‑and-Joy-in-relation-to-and-with-others diminishing!) ways. To make sure such an attitude doesn’t ‘infect’ you, especially when and as you hear others reinforcingly describing ‘enlightenment’ their experiences in ‘glowing’ terms, be sure to always remind yourself of the fact that every soul’s ‘journey’ is unique and that said evolutionary journey never ends. Infinity extends in every direction. The (dreamed!) projection that there is some kind of ‘ultimate’, or ‘greatest’ possible, realization beyond which there is nothing more or different to realize is delusional!"

Those who think they have become completely 'enlightened' and that there is nothing more for them to dream/know are choosing (for 'stupid' 'reasons' IMO) a kind of 'death'. Why do I say that? Because Life (God, Brahman, whatever you want to call 'It') is Creativity Itself!

From my book: "I have deliberately not used phrases like ‘reaching Godhead’ and ‘getting to Heaven’ [the parallel being 'becoming' enlightened), though what I am advocating is exactly that, because they erroneously imply an end‑destination. In terms of Life, this is a false concept. In case, having found Life’s mode of flux upsetting, you are one who has fallen prey to the temptation to set your sights on an illusion of some sort of utopian finale, let me disabuse you of the notion. The best, ultimately most glorious and joyful attainment is not a place or state that one arrives at and stays in. Staticity of any kind, if prolonged, leads to stagnation. In terms of Creativity, it is death! The ecstatic ‘peak’ such terms refer to is really not a final attainment or accomplishment, as many naively believe. Rather, as the words ‘Eternal Life’ clearly indicate, it is ever-ongoing creative process."

Old 02-06-2020, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Hi-Ho journeyman Anthony!

In contrapoint to Iamit's saying, I (davidsun) say: whatever you see/dream (at any given point) as being 'your' 'world' is only a (relatively) small part of what's really 'happening'.

From my treatise: "Peeps not infrequently [become] ensconced in grotesquely demoniacal (as seen by anyone who isn’t similarly deluded, that is!) box‑smugness*wherefrom they regard and relate to others who don’t live in the same ‘box’ in condescending (hence ultimately Love‑and-Joy-in-relation-to-and-with-others diminishing!) ways. To make sure such an attitude doesn’t ‘infect’ you, especially when and as you hear others reinforcingly describing ‘enlightenment’ their experiences in ‘glowing’ terms, be sure to always remind yourself of the fact that every soul’s ‘journey’ is unique and that said evolutionary journey never ends. Infinity extends in every direction. The (dreamed!) projection that there is some kind of ‘ultimate’, or ‘greatest’ possible, realization beyond which there is nothing more or different to realize is delusional!"

Those who think they have become completely 'enlightened' and that there is nothing more for them to dream/know are choosing (for 'stupid' 'reasons' IMO) a kind of 'death'. Why do I say that? Because Life (God, Brahman, whatever you want to call 'It') is Creativity Itself!

From my book: "I have deliberately not used phrases like ‘reaching Godhead’ and ‘getting to Heaven’ [the parallel being 'becoming' enlightened), though what I am advocating is exactly that, because they erroneously imply an end‑destination. In terms of Life, this is a false concept. In case, having found Life’s mode of flux upsetting, you are one who has fallen prey to the temptation to set your sights on an illusion of some sort of utopian finale, let me disabuse you of the notion. The best, ultimately most glorious and joyful attainment is not a place or state that one arrives at and stays in. Staticity of any kind, if prolonged, leads to stagnation. In terms of Creativity, it is death! The ecstatic ‘peak’ such terms refer to is really not a final attainment or accomplishment, as many naively believe. Rather, as the words ‘Eternal Life’ clearly indicate, it is ever-ongoing creative process."

Hey Davidsun.

I am still on this journey and far from enlightened or maybe it's just a concept and i have realized the last few months that it's not about the destination but about the journey. Enlightenment is a journey and yes it never ends or does it :)
Old 02-06-2020, 07:56 PM
Master
Quote:
I am still on this journey and far from enlightened or maybe it's just a concept and i have realized the last few months that it's not about the destination but about the journey. Enlightenment is a journey and yes it never ends or does it :)
Yes, it never ends - that is, unless you thhink, feel and believe and so act as though it will, in which case it very well might!

The second chapter of my treatise elucidates this.

High-Five, Anthony
Old 02-06-2020, 08:12 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidsun
Yes, it never ends - that is, unless you thhink, feel and believe and so act as though it will, in which case it very well might!

The second chapter of my treatise elucidates this.

High-Five, Anthony

Big High-five Davidsun!!!

I read you mention the godhead, could you explain what you mean or what is meant by that. I have heard it a few times but do not understand what they mean by Godhead.

Thanks
Old 02-06-2020, 08:35 PM
Master
Quote:
Big High-five Davidsun!!!

I read you mention the godhead, could you explain what you mean or what is meant by that. I have heard it a few times but do not understand what they mean by Godhead.

Thanks
IMO, what people think of and so mean when they reference "Godhead" as being some kind of 'ultimate' 'Reality', which strikes me as being an oxymoron because what is referenced as being 'Reality' (i.e. the 'Dream') is really no different than your 'journey'. IOW, "Reality', (including what is conceptualized as "Godhead"), is ever-journey-evolving.

Old 02-06-2020, 08:41 PM
Master
oh i see, okay thank you David :)
Old 02-06-2020, 08:48 PM
Master
Quote:
oh i see, okay thank you David :)
........ .......
Old 02-06-2020, 10:05 PM
Master

Quote:

A good question.

The term "spiritual enlightenment" is almost meaningless as there are so many concepts about what it is or isn't.

Some believe that the spiritual journey for a human being ends with enlightenment and that is it, complete for all eternity.

Others believe that "enlightenment" marks the end of one stage of the journey and the beginning of a new stage on a higher turn of the spiritual spiral.

I have come to believe that for a human being, the spiritual journey is marked by a series of initiations into greater states of reality. The culmination of this is that we leave the human kingdom behind and move on to a higher sphere, where we are just a small cog in a very big wheel.

It is all belief, but we are assured that one day we will find out for ourselves.

Peace