Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

View Poll Results: How useful is this information to you?
Extremely useful to me 8 53.33%
Somewhat useful to me 5 33.33%
Not at all useful to me 2 13.33%
Voters: 15. You may not vote on this poll

Old 15-05-2016, 04:59 PM
Master
Fish Observing thoughts in meditation

Excerpt 2 from Day 13 of the 2015 40 Days Observance

When I meditate I can make my thoughts BIGGER or I can make my thoughts SMALLER.
That depends on what I want to do:

I CAN MAKE MY THOUGHTS BIGGER - Manifesting forms in the gross realities
Observing thoughts
They arise and exist in my mind
I give them power once they are created by
staying attentive to them
and
identifying with them
I can choose to empower the thoughts I want
through sustained attention and identification with them
if I want to create something, to manifest something
because they become like echoes bouncing off a mountain
and eventually my Universe turns them into physical things.
The deeper I go into the gap behind thought, the silent space,
the more powerfully I can manifest these thoughts into things
(and that's a whole science in and of itself)

or

I CAN MAKE MY THOUGHTS SMALLER - Exploring the world of the quiet mind
I can choose to neutralize the thoughts I don't want
by letting them go, and staying objective, detaching from them
I can take away their power
Their bubbles burst
They become small
allowing me to float free
free from the burden of carrying thoughts
freeing me to float into a space that is the gap behind thought, the silent space.
From far away I can see that my physical body is in reality another thought form
a kind of energy field.
In this space I don't identify with it anymore (well, not so much)...
I don't say:
Quote:
…“I am the body. I am so heavy. I am so high. I am so educated. I am so refined,” – all ideas associated with brain and body. When you open yourself you’ll realize that there is more of you in existence than just a physical body that you identify with, and that is just a thought form," ~ Sri Vasudeva
I begin to feel more expansive than body, more quiet than mind.
I begin to feel I am that silence!
That space!
That sacred space!
That divine space!
Quote:
…"now you’re in the creative space, and instead of creating any thought form to give emotional and mental power to, just remain there in the joy of observing the beautiful space of creativity. Learn to familiarize yourself with this space. It’s a space that you go to and feel that you are different to the body. Anchor yourself in that space. Let it be known to you because when actions flow from this space and thoughts flow from this space, and emotions flow in this space – without you losing the awareness of the space – you have the most incredible experience of managing the energies within you simply in the way of flow, not in the way of force, but in the way of flow, effortlessness. Open up to it. It’s healing. It’s comforting, it’s nurturing. Why? Because your “I” (your ego) gets a chance to let go and to rest in what we call a Higher Self, a higher awareness of self. And that is the idea of “Divine Self”," ~ Sri Vasudeva

So the one way leads to more thought power (and inevitably more gross identified ego) and the other way leads to less thought power and less gross identified ego - more flow. In this human experience I need both. If I am to manage my inner world and my outer world, if I am going to co-create my spiritual journey with my Inner Guide and my outer Guide, I need to know how to empower those thoughts that will strengthen those things that support me on the spiritual journey - and I'm also going to need to know how to quiet all thoughts to be able to get centred and stay centred.

So there are 2 things - today I ponder just these 2 things:
The dance of the material
and
The dance of the spiritual
Meditation-as-a-lifestyle is like a dance.
I'm here in the world but not of it.
My creations are not me.
Old 15-05-2016, 05:10 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Once again, I have made a very long post. Can't help it (((sigh))) I hope one day to be able to speak less and share more, like he does. If you have read this far, then wow I'm impressed…and congratulations and God bless. May your practice be fruitful!
xo
Uma

Oh Uma! I just discovered your thread. Marvellous. I just wanted to first of all thank you for this space. I am on a ship now but will read through it eagerly later. Do you mind if I post questions in this space also later?

Your Guru sounds beautiful by the way and I rejoice in your connection!.

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 15-05-2016, 05:30 PM
Master
Fish

Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
Oh Uma! I just discovered your thread. Marvellous. I just wanted to first of all thank you for this space. I am on a ship now but will read through it eagerly later.
Thank you Floatsy. Are you on a ship as in vacation?

Quote:
Do you mind if I post questions in this space also later?
Do I mind? No on the contrary, I love questions, I love comments (respectful ones), and I love to learn about other people's interpretation of the teachings too. A lot of his talks and meditations are on Youtube and on the Blue Star link.

Quote:
Your Guru sounds beautiful by the way and I rejoice in your connection!.
Thanks and yes he is and I rejoice too. He is available to anybody who wants to make that connection...he's the most accessible enlightened being I know...giving away "diamonds" and "pearls" and "rubies" free for the taking!
Old 15-05-2016, 08:34 PM
Deactivated Account

I was on a ship just travelling to an island. I will be home in a few hours and it will be easier to navigate from there

Thank you: I will peruse a few of the links and read a few more posts. I also enjoy sharing perspectives and experiences and I look forward to talking more

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 15-05-2016, 08:38 PM
Well, welcome to Uma's thread, Floatsy!

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 15-05-2016, 08:42 PM
Deactivated Account

Thank you Miss Hepburn! Wonderful to see you here too!!

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 15-05-2016, 09:11 PM
Deactivated Account

Dear Uma,

I found a stable internet connection so I read through a couple of your pages.

I just want to express my gratitude and appreciation of all whom you are, and all that you express.

You are truly a very beautiful being, and it is an honor to share this space with you, encounter your energy and outlook, thoughts, and vigor. I bow before you.

To quotes from Sri Vasudeva, I will comment separately as a matter of "other people's interpretations of his readings too".

Namaste,
floatzy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 15-05-2016, 09:34 PM
Deactivated Account

Uma, you said "I love to learn about other people's interpretation of the teachings too."

I haven't read all his teachings but I found a few quotes of your Guru embedded in this thread.

And my reaction is just one of acknowledgement, and joy.

His teachings are not for me to interpret, but I can definitely say that I see Great Truth in his writings and the resonance for me is that this is a True Spiritual Path.

I will make a few comments in the hope that at least it adds something to the discussion

Once again, thank you!

Namaste,
floatzy

Quote:

"The joy of the soul in the human experience is that of freedom, a consciousness of being free - free of all fetters, all limitations, all thought constructs, all emotional limitations - the joy of the soul is being free. This is what we call moksha, when the soul is able to experience that freedom consciousness that is inherent in its being. The joy is never complete until we live in that experience and consciousness of freedom - freedom from fear of the duality, freedom from stresses of the duality." ~ Sri Vasudeva

My limited experience, incomparable to your teacher, is that there is joy of the soul in the human experience when thoughts are reduced, tapered, sometimes gone completely. It's really a joyous life. And experience. I also think in my mind, that it is supreme, to strategies a mind uses (within the mind) and I have seen on these forums: avoidance, not being able to "take" what is called negativity, or self-talk.

In other words, I do find the power of "freedom consciousness" is a stronger
baseline from which an aspirant can truly re-merge and enter into the world as a genuinely liberated being. Duality is stressful, right wrong, judgement, good bad, beliefs, these all do put pressure in the physical and mental, on persons. It weighs a person tremendously so exploring a path to freedom is very worth the journey, in my opinion.
Quote:
"In all the intelligence you are experiencing, you need to open up. There is more in there. You need to come into unlimited awareness, boundless thinking. Never hold yourself in the limitation. As much as you know, begin to think that you don't know because the moment that you think you know, you can never know everything.

As intelligent as we are 'he who thinks he knows knows not and he who thinks that he knows not really knows'. ~ Sri Vasudeva

An old friend once said something like "The unknowing can knoweth all".

And the "download" to the spirit when it is genuine is not of the word, it is an inner-knowing. In Zen there is a saying called "beginners' mind". And Ajahn Sumedho of the Thai Forest tradition has urged the same. Knowledge is arrogance in effect, and it is the unknowing that so much can be learnt, in body, mind, spirit, and of the world, of people that is so interesting and educational for learners like you and I, but also helps us not to fall into the trap of intellectual arrogance. It is a very beautiful experience, in my experience.

Namaste, and thank you always.

floatz

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 16-05-2016, 12:48 AM
Master
Thank you Floatzy for your appreciation and thoughtful comments

For me the joy is in knowing I am not of this world, that in my core being I am already free, already pure. Everything else is just mud on top of it. That is the Divine in me, and the Divine in you, and the Divine in everybody. The deeper I can be centred there, the more life on the "outside" becomes an adventure and not a grind.

Namaskar (I bow to the Divine in you)
Uma
Old 16-05-2016, 01:32 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uma
Thank you Floatzy for your appreciation and thoughtful comments

For me the joy is in knowing I am not of this world, that in my core being I am already free, already pure. Everything else is just mud on top of it. That is the Divine in me, and the Divine in you, and the Divine in everybody. The deeper I can be centred there, the more life on the "outside" becomes an adventure and not a grind.

Namaskar (I bow to the Divine in you)
Uma

Uma,

I think this life is created for our enjoyment, of many aspects this is one of them. God creates so He can witness that which he has created. He can be of Form.

I am happy knowing you are in this journey of joy.

Now to my question: you spoke above of big thoughts or little thoughts, is this something your Guru teaches? I will look up a couple of his Youtube videos now I am back home.

Namaskar (beautiful phrase, thank you for teaching me this!)

floatzy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom