Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 02-04-2022, 08:36 AM
Master

This has been suggested and it sounds like an easy way to ap. As soon as you wake up, do not move then try to ap or meditate. They both work. You can still ap if you move but you might be more successful if you do not move.

Another idea is look through your closed eyes. When you notice any flickering of light, shapes etc then you will know you are close to ap.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:51 AM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot for your explanation and clarifying AstralSuzy, yes indeed sleep paralysis seems hard to trigger at will, however the author only explains how to achieve ap from sp, well she says ap can be done from other moments too but in detail only explains about the mechanism from sp.

Well I keep reading about ap and watching videos because I dont know the true path, I mean I guess once Im very experienced like you I will probably do as you and only pick some bits from ap books. Right now as I feel Im doing all wrong well I feel I need to try more things and learn the details or other stuff Im missing. However as I said its surprising some books dont tell anything about protection in the astral plane and some other books tell us a lot about this even describing all possible entities we could find there.

If you havent projected to any lower plane maybe is because your vibrations are always high, well thats what I get from some readings, apparently some people just project to their room in the material plane and thats because they are good people with only good feelings. Moving to other places should be like you said, I heard also your guide can take you to somewhere if you like, I dont know how that could be, I mean maybe its not so easy or maybe the guide is not always there, but apparently the same way you want to find someone and he takes you there he can take you to other place of your choice.

Well I cant isolate the problem of why Im not managing to ap, maybe since I never ap I cant tell whats wrong, where Im missing something or whats happening, I just know that I reach no vibration or tingling or images sounds voices etc I know all this can be missing but still when I lay on my back or when I go to sleep and I lay on my back trying to ap is like there nothing happens, some days it takes me long time to sleep and nothing happens in the morning just nothing happens, so its the same I think.

If I try the method you described of being in a park or beach in a pleasant place or some other place I end up having a dream with that place or nothing happens, depends on the fact of how many hours I have slept until that point, but thanks for your suggestion really.

Also yes I will do the things the best way I can, and I will try to not fear Im doing all wrong, I will keep practicing and it will work soon.

You are right, the author doesnt know an exact way to trigger sleep paralysis and only advices to make ap from sp, in fact in her blog she says her son started to practice sleep interruption to achieve lucid dream and had it many times but suddenly one day he had sleep paralysis and that lead him to astral which if I remember correctly frightened him and snapped him to his body so indeed its not clear how to achieve sp for the author, she says trial and error with time is what would work better for people because maybe stay awake 1 hour or maybe 2 hours etc work better.

Ah yes, sometimes in internet we find some content that frighten us about the risks in ap and all the things we can fear there, I will keep in mind that thank you, just it seems hard for me to stop reading as I feel like Im missing a certain element in what I do or else it should have worked even slightly. Like a friend who started recently in this and managed to separate one hand one day, that was a slight success for him and Im glad for him, but I cant even manage that.

You are right, the risk of falling asleep is the one we tend to face, and so its better to practice when we are not tired, or in middle of night as I heard after sleeping like 4 hours maybe we dont feel the same urge to sleep.

These days Im totally disconnected from the world to be honest, I dont watch the news, only hear things from what people say around me or if tv is on and I hear that without paying atention to it.
Old 02-04-2022, 09:56 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
This has been suggested and it sounds like an easy way to ap. As soon as you wake up, do not move then try to ap or meditate. They both work. You can still ap if you move but you might be more successful if you do not move.

Another idea is look through your closed eyes. When you notice any flickering of light, shapes etc then you will know you are close to ap.

Thanks for this AstralSuzy, it happens to me that when I wake in the middle of the night or in morning Im like fast out of that state, so as I heard the trick there is to try to move arms while eyes are closed and astral arms should move then try to move the rest of the body but not opening the eyes. Could it be like that? I havent heard about meditation in that state because I always hear its a state that passes fast, but when you say try to ap in that moment, what do you suggest? Im open to your ideas
Old 02-04-2022, 10:27 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by asdronin
I heard the trick there is to try to move arms while eyes are closed and astral arms should move then try to move the rest of the body but not opening the eyes. Could it be like that?
I was not thinking of that but that is good to do. Sometimes I have done that but I wrecked it because I thought I was moving my physical body. I realised later that it was my spiritual self that was moving. I got right out of my body. It was frustrating knowing that I wrecked it. Moving my spiritual body feels just like I am moving my physical body. Be prepared when that happens. I do not think that would work for me unless my body feels very light or I am in sp. Occasionally that happens except sp. Experiment and see what works for you.

I have meditated many times and I have ap. I have also fallen asleep as well. I notice my forehead and mind feeling relaxed then I know I am about to ap. I am not sure if that happens every time. There are times I do not notice the sign and I fall asleep. It is possible that I may not get any sign and I ap instantly and then I fall asleep. Next time I will try to see through my closed eyes and if I notice anything then I know I am about to ap.

This has worked for me many times and that is imagine you are doing something. It does not matter what it is. You could be walking, driving, swimming, playing tennis, anything.
Old 02-04-2022, 11:12 AM
Master

There is no problem watching videos or reading about ap. I have done that. I advise you not to look at anything that is discouraging or is not going to help you. Reading about it can be exciting so that is fine. I think you could read a lot of books and still think you are missing something. The authors may not be experienced in ap. They can say anything to sell a book. I am not saying they are all like that. I think there would be genuine authors. It could be a good idea to give yourself a break from reading or watching youtube ap after a month or two or more. That is for you to work out. The idea is reading too many things can get confusing. as everyone has different ideas on what to do. You may get so confused that you will not know what to do. Write down the things that you like and stay with that.

I do not know why I have never been to a lower dimension. I do not think my vibration is always high. I get stressed like anyone else and get upset about things. That happens occasionally. Now that I am retired I do not have to worry about my work and the hassles that I have to put up with.

Thanks for your advice about a guide helping me get to other places. I will think of that when the time comes. For now I just want to focus on aping and getting experience doing that.
I can understand your frustration about ap not happening. It happens to me not all the time.

It is not a bad thing imaging you are in a park or beach and ending up in a dream. If it keeps happening and you are dreaming about it then you will likely realise that you are dreaming.

I read somewhere and I thought it was good advice. It said do not compare our ap achievement to someone else. I would advise not to compare yourself to your friend or anyone else. It is not helping you.

It is good that you do not watch the news. I practiced meditation in the afternoon then I come downstairs. I usually watch the news but I thought what for. I do not feel like being depressed so I did not watch it. I am watching the news less and less now. I call the news gloom and doom. I have been saying that for years.
Old 02-04-2022, 04:36 PM
Experiencer

Thanks for sharing this AstralSuzy, yes I have read in that book (I think its the Phase) that if we try to move our arms just in the moment of waking we can move our astral body instead, its probably before waking so its hard to do to be honest, I cant manage that either, I use to open eyes and move when I wake up but Im sure Im moving my physical body instead, apparently in the right moment we should feel like moving our astral is same as moving our physical, probably as you said in sp and in the very moment we surface from the dream state.

The signs for ap I think are hard to notice sometimes, more considering you dont feel vibrations or hear noises like others do, of course its different for anyone so yes, you have to concentrate in what tells you ap is near. For me well its nothing as I dont know if I will feel vibrations or nothing.

Usually when I imagine something I get that into a dream, its not even a lucid dream just like pre programmed dream on a certain scenario, I will keep trying of course.

I think its true that reading a lot may make myself confused but also I feel that from time to time in a book I find something new not mentioned in other that seems to be true, then again as science havent studied ap enough we dont know the exact paths and methods that rule it or how to trigger that, I feel constantly this is a problem, I mean when I used to read books about computer stuff (I used to be in that now I have no interest in all that) I use to see things clearly in one source and reading other book only expanded my knowledge but was never like I notice with ap, some books tells things that differ from others and even tell the opposite, I think in youtube and facebook I find more of that kind, more people saying the opposite like they never experienced ap and just tell things with not the right knowledge, like a girl who I watched today and said ap is all in our mind and so on, I mean, they seem to be showing themselves in a position of believers and practitioners but at the same time say the opposite. I think I cant allow myself a break, I have a limited time to achieve ap and I have to give everything I can, but Im keeping in mind the things that I believe are more interesting.

Perhaps low planes are more intended to people with bad intentions in them, I always read its like for low vibrational people but maybe this refers to people who have bad intentions, bad people mainly, maybe even if we feel bad stressed etc we are not bad, I have to confess I have met people that was evil by nature, I never thought this could exist in this world, so for sure they would go to lower plane, but perhaps for them thats like home.

I hope the little advice I can give about guide or other things I read about could serve you, you are helping me a lot and trying to ap with no support and help from other person would have been a lot harder.

Lastly I havent experienced lucid dreams, not even precognitive dreams, dont know if something changed in me or what happened, but anyway if I manage to get there I will try to take advantage of that and ap from there.

Its a good advice, to not compare ap achievments, in fact my friend is helping me in this too, I mean both of us are starting in this but he is mainly in this because I told him I needed to learn to ap so he is helping me and the moment one of us manage something we share with the other, and in fact we could try to make ap happen in the other person if one of us manages it, I think I have read somewhere its possible too.

Yes I agree with you, the news are not really good and quite gloom and doom, if there was any channel or source with some kind of filtering that would be good but so far I think there isnt so I just skip them, started now, but I should have done this a lot before, also Im skipping sugar... I dont think I have other stimulants in my diet, although my digestive system is not working right but I dont care much, I do all the best I can
Old 02-04-2022, 11:19 PM
Master

You may not be thinking that you are helping me but you are. You have helped me a lot. By helping you it has helped me a lot to persevere with ap. Before I would want to ap but I was not determined to succeed. I would give up too soon. I have a lot more determination now with ap. I have been trying for a long time to get determined but did not succeed with it. With ap you have to really want to succeed in ap and keep trying. Also, it has helped me because I am thinking of ways to achieve ap when it is not working. I am remembering other things that I have forgotten about that helps with ap.

Last night I laid down on my back and I noticed I was feeling very relaxed. My mind was relaxed as well and I fell asleep. That was frustrating. I tried again later on and there was a slight ap sign that I was close to ap. I heard a snore sound. I ignored it and I fell asleep. I am now thinking that this is going to keep happening again and again if we do not notice the signs or do anything about it. One of the signs that may not be obvious is, how is our breathing. When our breathing is softer then we are getting close to ap. Breathing has to relax by itself without trying to change it.
I remember a long time ago I was lying on my back in the morning and I saw a person that looked like a devil. He held up his arms and there was a flash of lightning coming from his hands. The flash of lightning was straight at me. I just looked at it and I did not pay any attention to it. Then I felt my inner self rise out of my body. I kept rising and then I went to a place.

This made me think to help not to fall asleep when I notice that I am relaxing I am going to look through my eyes. I have done that many times and I ap. If we do not notice anything then we are going to fall asleep every time.

Tonight I am looking forward trying to ap. If I do not succeed I will keep being positive and keep trying. It is good to be positive about it otherwise it can make it harder to succeed.

I am curious what country are you from and what country is your friend from?
Old 03-04-2022, 03:24 AM
Master

I left out a couple of ways how I move out of my body. It is when I get sp, when my body feels very light, when I see or hear things that is not there in the physical world.
Perhaps the reason why we are lying there for a long time and nothing happens is because we are trying to relax for too long. By doing that it may be putting stress on the mind making it not relax. Last night it did not take long for my body to feel different and the night before. I did something different. I did not do any relaxing technique to ap. I just kept breathing in and out and waited for something to happen. When I was breathing I imagined I was feeling more and more relaxed with each breath. I was not thinking it or over think it. I just believed that I was getting more and more relaxed. I have noticed I could be wrong that it is good idea to wait for a while for something to happen. Of course if you are lying there for a long time then do an ap technique.
Old 03-04-2022, 02:18 PM
Experiencer

Thanks a lot for your wise advice AstralSuzy, Im glad Im helping you too, I see what you mean and see you have a stronger determination now with ap and this is key element in succeeding at ap.

Its interesting what you said, in a book Im reading now "Astral projection for beginners" its said that breathing shouldnt be forced, that maybe in some east Asia countries this is normal to breathe with a pattern or use the nose and mouth when breathing but for other countries its harder to achieve this as we are not used to so the best practice in terms of breathing is the one we feel more cofrontable with, not forcing it, just as you said.

That devil encounter you had is strange, considering it was probably in the moment you entered the astral plane, I heard what are called by us like demons dont usually meet us and are really hard to see in the astral plane in the material field or higher plane of course, well I hope you dont meet such entities in the future of course.

You mean that to avoid falling asleep the key is to look through the closed eyes? into the blackness we see? I have tried that but didnt work to me, in the book Im reading they say imagine a dramatic scenary, I think the words may show different intention, what the author means is that we have to imagine us into a movie or some kind of imaginary realm but somewhere where we can do things and are active, I guess that way we keep awareness maybe, although I think this is usually leading me to a dream with that scenary in it.

Yes you do the right thing being positive, I do that too of course, following your advice, I never give up or say like its impossible for me or anything, I just keep trying over and over, I will do as long as Im alive.

A person told me that he lay on his back for an hour and a half until ap happens but it took him 10 years to get there. I think you are right and maybe we shouldnt be laying there for long because in the intention of relaxing we are making stress appear.

And yes, well if I lay on my back for long time and I see nothing different, even if I try an ap technique or like exit technique nothing happens, its either I visualize my arm moving and grabbing the ladder but nothing happens or I reall ymove my physical arm. I have heard that under sleep paralysis as our body is paralyzed its just a matter of willing to stand up because we cant move our muscles, but I have doubts about that too because in videos where people is under sp their fingers seem to move slightly so could it be that easy under sleep paralysis to get the astral body to move? just like stand up with your physical body?
Old 03-04-2022, 09:00 PM
Master

Last night was frustrating. I only imagined I was relaxing more and more to ap a little bit. I should have kept going. I was lying on my back for a long time and nothing happened. I will try again tonight. I do not know if it will work as nothing seems to work all the time. Keep trying to look through your eyes even if it did not work because it might work next time and you got nothing to loose by doing it. I meant to look through my closed eyes but I did not do that. My attention was at my forehead trying to notice if my forehead is feeling relaxed. After I laid down for a long time I laid on my side and I kept falling asleep. Something different happened and that was I kept dreaming. I mostly never remember my dreams. I kept having lots and lots of dreams then I wake up and dream again. I will keep doing what I am doing because it is good to get practice at noticing things. If we do not notice things we can miss the opportunity to ap. I will try it again tonight and this time I will look through my closed eyes. It might help me to lucid dream as it stays in the mind if I keep persevering with it.
Just because we do not see things looking through our closed eyes does not mean it will not work. When ap starts to happen it will work or should work.
Do not get put off by that person trying for 10 years to ap and then succeeded.

It was strange seeing what looked like a devil. Once I got out of my body I did not have any problems.

It is a good idea to have slow deep breaths for a while before we attempt ap. It helps to get the mind and body relaxed. Then I will breathe normally without trying to change anything. I am going to start doing that before I attempt to ap in future. I think that would be a good thing to do.