Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Old 06-06-2012, 08:48 PM
Guide
I obviously don't have any proof that it is true, however... for a very long time I've always had a huge interest in the Titanic and felt a connection to it. I believe I may have been on it but I don't know who I was.

In April, when there was a lot of documentaries on TV about it (being the 100 year anniversary), I watched one and had such a violent reaction to it. It was half documentary, half drama re-enactment using survivors accounts. There was one part of it and I just became so terrified, I felt like I was there, like I could remember the terror of seeing all that water coming towards you while being inside the ship. That feeling alone was enough for me to believe I was once on that ship..
Old 06-06-2012, 08:51 PM
Quagmire

Quote:
Originally Posted by *whitefeather
There seems little point in saying anything openly in these cases because it just comes across as bragging (whatever the truth) .... only my view of course.

But for me it is not about claiming anything but just about sharing what is within my heart. If people cannot see my words come from a humble heart then the mistake does not lie within me. I believe we are all equal no matter who we were in a past life or how many lives we have had and so on.
Old 06-06-2012, 10:58 PM
Master
Fish Sri Aurobindo on past lives

Quote:
"If with our hopelessly childish outer consciousness, we happened to remember having once been a virtuous banker, for instance, while we now find ourselves in the skin of a busy crook, we would be understandably confused!

We are perhaps still too young to understand that our soul needed to experience the opposite of virtue,

or rather that it has now opened the abscess our virtue was hiding.

Evolution has nothing to do with becoming more saintly or intelligent. It has to do with becoming more conscious."

[From Sri Aurobindo or the Adventure of Consciousness, Satprem ISBN 0-938710-04-4, p.107]

This tells me that if you want to know who you were before, have a critical look at who you are now.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:34 PM
Knower
.... or the opposite .... that to fully understand who we are today, it can be beneficial to know who we have been in the past.
Old 07-06-2012, 02:37 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Illumine
I obviously don't have any proof that it is true, however... for a very long time I've always had a huge interest in the Titanic and felt a connection to it. I believe I may have been on it but I don't know who I was.

In April, when there was a lot of documentaries on TV about it (being the 100 year anniversary), I watched one and had such a violent reaction to it. It was half documentary, half drama re-enactment using survivors accounts. There was one part of it and I just became so terrified, I felt like I was there, like I could remember the terror of seeing all that water coming towards you while being inside the ship. That feeling alone was enough for me to believe I was once on that ship..

Hi illumine, you can look at Titanic's astrological sinking chart and compare it against your own natal chart. If you were connected with the Titanic, that would hold some clues. If you'd like more information on this, just let me know.

If you have a natal astrology chart for yourself, you can check to see any of these Titanic degree points are present. The Titanic degree point range is 19 – 25 degrees of the cardinal signs – i.e. Aries, Cancer, Libra, and the invisible point Capricorn. These degree points are important degrees in the Titanic collision chart. The 21 degree point is the strongest, and the other degrees are ‘degrees of separation’. Even people who had ancestors with direct connections to the ship seem to have one or more of these Titanic degree points, as well as those who have an unusual fascination with the ship.

Last edited by *whitefeather : 07-06-2012 at 04:18 PM.
Old 07-06-2012, 07:46 PM
Master
Quote:
.... or the opposite .... that to fully understand who we are today, it can be beneficial to know who we have been in the past.

Yes but how can we know for certain? I have yet to have two past lives readings that agree on any one past life! And we are born with amnesia - Nature gives us that - because we do want to remember the good times but not the bad.

All that we have to deal with in the present is the karmic result of choices we made in the past. Situations and people who come into our lives, are related to that. Things that trigger a reaction are related to that. Special talents that come "naturally" were developed the hard way in the past. So for me, it is more USEFUL to focus on the present than dwell on the past - what are my conditioned behaviours and what do I want to change? Because all that we choose today creates the incarnation for the next life.
Old 07-06-2012, 08:54 PM
Guide
Quote:
Hi illumine, you can look at Titanic's astrological sinking chart and compare it against your own natal chart. If you were connected with the Titanic, that would hold some clues. If you'd like more information on this, just let me know.

If you have a natal astrology chart for yourself, you can check to see any of these Titanic degree points are present. The Titanic degree point range is 19 – 25 degrees of the cardinal signs – i.e. Aries, Cancer, Libra, and the invisible point Capricorn. These degree points are important degrees in the Titanic collision chart. The 21 degree point is the strongest, and the other degrees are ‘degrees of separation’. Even people who had ancestors with direct connections to the ship seem to have one or more of these Titanic degree points, as well as those who have an unusual fascination with the ship.

I would definitely like to know more about this! I got hold of my natal chart once but really didn't understand it, I don't know much about astrology to be honest. Any more information you can offer would be great, thank you
Old 09-06-2012, 07:21 PM
Trieah

I don't think I could be completely convinced that physical resemblance to a person from a past life could serve as proof of someone's claims. The physical resemblance of each new lifetime, is also shaped by the genes passed through the mother and father, and their family tree. So the "physical resemblance" would most likely be so watered down through the lifetimes, because of all the different genes involved from one incarnation to the next. I'm sorry, but it does sound a bit too far fetched to believe that every single incarnation one has, are all going to look like the same person. The soul/spirit may be the same, but the body/physical vessel isn't always going to. If it were truly the case, that the soul/spirit retains so much of their physical appearance from one life time to the next, then we wouldn't see so much resemblance to current family members like we do.

With physical resemblance, you could have several members of one family alone, in different generations, that all bare physical resemblance to, say a famous great great great Grandfather. Could each of those descendants then claim they were all the reincarnation of that famous great great great Grandfather, just because they share the same physical resemblance?

I kind of feel the same way about the handwriting analysis aspect as well. I was just watching a documentary on some tiny scraps of papyrus writings that this documentary was trying to prove had been written during the Eyewitness Period in Jesus's lifetime. One of the things these experts were talking about is that the style of hand writing changes from period to period, because people down through the centuries (who actually could write) would all be educated in writing in the style of the time period.

With each new incarnation, when we first learn how to write all over again as a child, that child will be taught to write their letters in a certain way that could be a very different font style from their previous incarnations, therefore they pick up new habits that start at a young, impressionable age. They could/would have been influenced by outside forces, to make them conform to the times, or their station in life. Yet, in a different lifetime, that same soul could have been left up to their own devices and left unchallenged, or undereducated enough to not be able to hold up to the same standards that they once had in a different lifetime. That child then picks up new habits, and may even become lazy and sloppy with their handwriting because they have no one forcing them to hold up to an acceptable standard.

So, let's say if someone like William Shakespeare were to reincarnated a hundred years later, and wound up being born to a poor farming family with no real prospects in life (to learn a new set of lessons, or maybe burn off some karma). Then reincarnated another hundred years later, winding up as a merchant in a clothing shop (for another set of lessons or karma). Then reincarnated again to a family that forced him to play the piano at a very early age and he actually became decent musician because of it. Then reincarnated a few more times with all new occupations and life situations, both good and bad, that leave lasting impressions on his soul. Then when he gets to this particular time in history, would he still retain enough of "William Shakespeare" to be able to prove through things like physical resemblance, characteristic traits and handwriting, that he was once indeed William Shakespeare? Or would he have picked up any new character traits, talents, physical resemblances, philosophies on life, anything that could have come from what lessons, talents or habits he picked up along the way with any of those other lifetimes? Would he have truly been able to continue being like William Shakespeare while he was a poor farmer? Or would he have conformed to his surroundings to blend in better? Would his next life as the clothing merchant have been more influenced by William or the poor farmer? Or would that lifetime been some kind of combination between both those lives?

I guess I'm just not convinced that relying more heavily on scientific means to prove or disprove something so subjective, is really going to give factual prof or validity to beliefs, any more then relying more heavily on memories, feelings and emotions serves as actual prof. But, at least looking at both sides does make for lots of thought provoking pondering
Old 09-06-2012, 08:55 PM
RichMartini

Wow. That's the second time I lost a long post - I better make them shorter. I've been researching Michael Newton's work on the life between lives "Journey of Souls" <snip>

What the research shows is that we are fully conscious between lives and choose our incarnations. We do so with the help and guidance of our loved ones. And that between lives there is no hierarchy - no one gets to horde the jeallybeans as one therapist put it - we're all equal, just older or younger souls. so the concept of celebrity exists only here in human terms. Same goes with credit for money, fame, looks, any other factors we tend to focus on in society.

That being said, I did interview a woman who claimed she remembered a lifetime being Carole Lombard. Working in the film biz, I'm pretty aware of Carole's story, and this Michigan housewife claimed to never have seen her movies - and she didn't contact me, her therapist did, saying "you should talk to her." I found that she had many details of this lifetime that I had to research and discover - and some that were unusual - the type of car that she and Clark drove in, how they met, where they first made love, etc. Then details of her death, the plane accident - stuff that I had to really dig to confirm, like the reasons she was there, and how she actually died.

but this woman wasn't trying to sell her story, or even tell anyone about it - there are quite a few actresses in hollywood who claim psychics told them they were carole lombard - but this woman has huge chunks of memory about her. The point is - between lives we are all celebrities - and the question is why did you choose that life, and why did you choose this one and what do the two have in common?

In terms of birthmarks and other details, check out Ian STevenson's work at the Univ of VA, he had thousands of details of cases - he didn't believe in hypnosis however, but he wasn't aware of Michael Newton's research in the area, which is quite as extensive as his own. So Will Shakespeare may have come back as a farmer, and not remembered his old work, perhaps saw one of his plays and was surprised he knew all the lines. But we choose lives to learn things and learn how to help others while we do them. Again, this is not a philosophy - it's just reporting what people say under hypnosis.

Finally, we do have access to our past life memories, according a number of people I've filmed, we carry them with us not in our dna or chemical brain, but as some kind of energy fractals or geometric shapes that travel with us and work as "ball bearings" to help people get through lives. Once we access them, through a coma, or nde, or obe, or plr or lbl, they become like watching a film - they do enter our memory, and we can examine them more fully in our dreams and through meditation. Again, just reporting what people say, and I examine this in the documentary in more depth.

Also we choose our lifetimes not based on karma - action in sanskrit - we leave our baggage, or karma of a previous life behind when we die. However, we do choose to examine different energies, and since we have so many lifetimes we may decide to do something over again - learn how to forgive for example, or let go of jealousy or anger - until we feel we've mastered it. Ok, that's enough for now, I have to go seize the day!

Edited by SF Staff

Last edited by arive nan : 29-12-2012 at 07:54 AM.
Old 10-06-2012, 05:56 AM
Knower
Quote:
Anything more you can share on this life

Well, yes...I first started having memories when I was in elementary school and I was obsessed with Helen of Troy and once when we were reading aloud a play with Helen in it someone else was chosen to play her and I remember feeling this sense of "Hey I was her!" Feeling but not knowing why I felt it so strongly.

The true confirmation come when read the famous face that launched a thousand ships line and then I literally scoffed and said "More like TEN thousand ships!" I surprised myself and that was when I started to remember the thousands of ships, the. Siege, the fire and Menelaus. Menelaus wanted only power and he was old enough to be may grandfather and I was married off at arounf the age of thirteen to him. Paris abducted me when I didn't want to go with him but only ended up faling in love with him even more since we had already met when he abducted me. He saw I was trapped and was afraid we would never see each other again so it happened!

Last edited by arive nan : 13-07-2013 at 03:37 PM.