Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Faeries, Elementals, Nature Spirits, & Woodland Creatures

Old 14-01-2011, 09:23 AM
harley's mum

THE MAGIC OF FINDHORN

Hello Amythst and all...

the title of my post in this interesting thread is the name of a book "The Magic of Findhorn" published in 1975 by Harpers Row Press...when the book was first published and I was heading to London from Sydney on the Oreana a friend gave me a parting gift the book which had just come out...

well... the premise is that the nature spirits or "devas" as they prefered to be called had been busy helping the creators of a small organic garden beside a caravan park in the northern tip of Scotland (Moray)... the devas created vegetables which were absolutely mind blowingly huge and the gardens gained huge notoriaty and a community of alternative minded creative and artistic people developed and have now become an eco community and you can check them out on the Findhorn Foundation website...
so... on the ship I read the book fascinated and absolutely determined to go to the northern tip of scotland and check it out the devas had actually stopped creating the large sized veggies once all the hype started but the atmosphere there was very very special indeed and wonderfully talented artistic people living making and selling.

well that's the story of Findhorn and the magical work of the devas
Old 14-01-2011, 09:44 AM
Master
Fascinating indeed Harleys mum....this is why I mentioned above about the forest not being stomped on by tourists in inaccesible places. It definitely affects the world of elementals.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:08 PM
pictoriale1

Hi flutterangel,
sorry -your photo is still not big enough to really examine, it needs to be enlarged much more so we can have a detailed look at it. Try resizing it and increase the pixcel count till it is at least 4 times the size it is now.

Nightspirit as I said, Your photos are full of spirit beings, including the trees, plants, stones in the bridge and the water, they are everywhere.

I will say though that I do not see the mermaid or elephant you see. What I see, are many lovely beings of the water that are in the areas you have marked.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:15 PM
Summerland

Quote:
Originally Posted by harley's mum
Hello Amythst and all...

the title of my post in this interesting thread is the name of a book "The Magic of Findhorn" published in 1975 by Harpers Row Press...when the book was first published and I was heading to London from Sydney on the Oreana a friend gave me a parting gift the book which had just come out...

well... the premise is that the nature spirits or "devas" as they prefered to be called had been busy helping the creators of a small organic garden beside a caravan park in the northern tip of Scotland (Moray)... the devas created vegetables which were absolutely mind blowingly huge and the gardens gained huge notoriaty and a community of alternative minded creative and artistic people developed and have now become an eco community and you can check them out on the Findhorn Foundation website...
so... on the ship I read the book fascinated and absolutely determined to go to the northern tip of scotland and check it out the devas had actually stopped creating the large sized veggies once all the hype started but the atmosphere there was very very special indeed and wonderfully talented artistic people living making and selling.

well that's the story of Findhorn and the magical work of the devas

Harleys mum, If the elementals, fae, fairies, whatever we call them, stopped growing the huge veggies after Findhorn became famous, it has set me to thinking about something mentioned here a while ago. (whew!!was that a long one!) A few of us mentioned that after taking about our personal encounters with the fairiefolk, the activity seems to stop for a while. Perhaps they really don't want us to talk about our personal experiences with them. Mine just started bouncing about on my bed again last night and I had missed their antics hwile they were off pouting.
Old 14-01-2011, 12:23 PM
Master
Quote:
I will say though that I do not see the mermaid or elephant you see. What I see, are many lovely beings of the water that are in the areas you have marked.

This is a rudimentary outline of the mermaid and elephant. Can you see them now pictoriale?

[IMG]http://i1017.photobucket.com/albums/af296/turbobird01/elephan****erspirit1.jpg[/IMG]
Old 14-01-2011, 06:15 PM
harley's mum

Quote:
Originally Posted by Summerland
Harleys mum, If the elementals, fae, fairies, whatever we call them, stopped growing the huge veggies after Findhorn became famous, it has set me to thinking about something mentioned here a while ago. (whew!!was that a long one!) A few of us mentioned that after taking about our personal encounters with the fairiefolk, the activity seems to stop for a while. Perhaps they really don't want us to talk about our personal experiences with them.

yes very good point...
I was hoping there might be somebody else out there in the SF world who had also either read the book or been to Findhorn and if not to all on this thread interested I humbly recommend find a copy of the book it really is the most amazing story.
Old 14-01-2011, 06:58 PM
harley's mum

"I believe in everything until it's disproved. So I believe in fairies, the myths, dragons. It all exists, even if it's in your mind. Who's to say that dreams and nightmares aren't as real as the here and now?"
John Winston Ono Lennon
Old 14-01-2011, 07:07 PM
Master
This is probably my most strange "spirits" video. You can pause it at various points to highlight the figures. . There are two superimposed, a horned figure in front of a figure wearing a wizards/witch's tall hat.
TRy a pause at 35 to 38 seconds if memory serves.

http://s282.photobucket.com/albums/kk267/norseman_photo/blyssvids/?action=view&current=HPIM0868.mp4
Old 14-01-2011, 07:19 PM
Master
Some more conventional shots. Tell me what you see.

http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...tre/1238HL.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...p/HPIM1194.jpg
http://i282.photobucket.com/albums/k...on_Force-1.jpg
Old 14-01-2011, 10:36 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by harley's mum
yes very good point...
I was hoping there might be somebody else out there in the SF world who had also either read the book or been to Findhorn and if not to all on this thread interested I humbly recommend find a copy of the book it really is the most amazing story.

Hi harley's mum,

A friend of mine stayed there quite a few years, as part of the staff. She believes that the big vegetables stage of Findhorn was a gimmick that the spirit world used to draw people towards the more important issues of spiritual self-transformation. I have Eileen Caddy's book and it's a wonderful story.