Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Old 06-01-2012, 03:12 PM
Suspended
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shabby
Great conversation ....thanks to everyone participating. I am learning soo much : )

I understand that awareness is not the same as consciousness, even though we use the term of being aware quite frequently to address everyday situations. My question is more how did consciousness arise from awareness? Is it it's opposite? Awareness one and consciousness two (duality)? Is awareness it and consciousness not it?

This morning I was looking within and observing...awareness....it feels like a pin point in size yet it contains all.

My thoughts on this shabbs is that the birth of consciousness and awareness came to be the instant our creation came into being . They are not separated from one another and yet have individual properties .

Without consciousness we would not be able to perceive life . Awareness allows what we are to become aware of what we are conscious of . The clearer or purer ones consciousness is so to speak the more one is able to be aware of what really is .

x dazzle x
Old 06-01-2012, 03:23 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Great conversation ....thanks to everyone participating. I am learning soo much : )

I understand that awareness is not the same as consciousness, even though we use the term of being aware quite frequently to address everyday situations. My question is more how did consciousness arise from awareness? Is it it's opposite? Awareness one and consciousness two (duality)? Is awareness it and consciousness not it?

This morning I was looking within and observing...awareness....it feels like a pin point in size yet it contains all.

Awareness is Be-ness as opposed to Consciousness which is Being-ness. Awareness is All and it is Nought.
From Awareness, also called the Absolute, the One Principle, and other names, emanates the objective universe.
People who have encountered it call it the darkness that knows, dark light (see the thread called Three subjective Lights in the General Beliefs forum: http://www.spiritualforums.com/vb/sh...ad.php?t=28309).

Quote:
In its absoluteness, the One Principle under its two aspects (of Parabrahmam and Mulaprakriti) is sexless, unconditioned and eternal. Its periodical (manvantaric) emanation — or primal radiation — is also One, androgynous and phenomenally finite. When the radiation radiates in its turn, all its radiations are also androgynous, to become male and female principles in their lower aspects.
[...]
Spirit (or Consciousness) and Matter are, however, to be regarded, not as independent realities, but as the two facets or aspects of the Absolute
http://www.blavatsky.net/blavatsky/s...ndamentals.htm

Manvantara = the period of creative, formative and re-constructive activity on the objective planes of the universe

Parabrahmam = the Absolute, above all, yet in all and containing all; Brahma, the Unknowable, above and beyond Brahma and all creators.

Mulaprakriti = undifferentiated matter; the root of matter; the first emanation of Parabrahmam, being itself an aspect of Parabrahmam. (mula, root;. prakriti, matter.)

All That Is is experienced as a bright light radiating unconditional love (see the thread mentioned above).

I hope I explained things correctly and clearly.
Old 06-01-2012, 03:30 PM
geri

prison

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
You said:
God is working in your life

Frankly this doesn't sound like a free adventure all that good stuff.

Of course you do what you want.
Why Not? You have the freedom to direct your life. The energy and power, the life force of all creation is active in your thoughts and beliefs. Bringing to pass what you want consciously or unconsciously. Choose wisely your thoughts, they are creative. You cannot not create. What are you creating in your life? How are you expressing the creative energy that is all around you? If it is not a "free adventure and all that good stuff", its because of your own choises to create good stuff or not. God is working in your life to bring to pass what you want not what God wants. Remember freewill. We are not pupets on a string at the mercy of something eles. True freedom comes when you realize that you are in control of your own life.
Old 06-01-2012, 06:19 PM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri
Why Not? You have the freedom to direct your life. The energy and power, the life force of all creation is active in your thoughts and beliefs. Bringing to pass what you want consciously or unconsciously. Choose wisely your thoughts, they are creative. You cannot not create. What are you creating in your life? How are you expressing the creative energy that is all around you? If it is not a "free adventure and all that good stuff", its because of your own choises to create good stuff or not. God is working in your life to bring to pass what you want not what God wants. Remember freewill. We are not pupets on a string at the mercy of something eles. True freedom comes when you realize that you are in control of your own life.

I respect your beliefs etc of course...
Just sharing my opinion to participate in the discussion.

I just don't understand why the need of help of God.

IMO it is simple plain:

Your true nature is perfect (some call it God, I don't) and you surrender to it.

No one helps. Some people sometimes (very rarely in my case) give important info in dreams etc. but that is it. Best helps were given without me asking.

What is the harm of believing that God helps?

Perhaps the belief that you need help is harmful.
Old 06-01-2012, 07:45 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by geri

I agree that we have freewill (or so it seems), but do we truly know what options we are choosing from? I am one of those that believe God is spirit and spirit is perfect. We were made in God's likeness and image so we too must be spirit and perfect....not I am perfect...but my spirit is perfect. I would rather experience that perfection as I could never in my best intent in my grandest vision come close to creating perfection. You say we can not not create and I do think so. Even using your choice of words...If my thoughts create my expereince.....who creates when I take no thought? Also, can we truly be free if there is any control?.....just some thoughts : )
Old 06-01-2012, 07:47 PM
Master
Shabby: Hey Xan
Are you saying that you believe that beyond mind is beingness, but not as a state?

Yes, that is what I mean.

You said in the above post that awareness allows the Self to experience itself...if I understood right. But is it not more like awareness is aware of itself? Or is that what you meant?

I'm not sure how I worded it before but as I see and say it...
awareness is how know we exist and what we experience
and part of awakening is awareness becoming aware of itself
in each of us.

Xan

Old 06-01-2012, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3dnow
Ah no not yet thanks. Entities are creating all sorts of energies I don't want a new one.

3d

What I'm talking about is not an entity, 3rd. More like vast open space that feels like subtle and delicious universal presence.

Xan

Old 06-01-2012, 08:03 PM
Master
Quote:
I understand that awareness is not the same as consciousness, even though we use the term of being aware quite frequently to address everyday situations.

My question is more how did consciousness arise from awareness? Is it it's opposite? Awareness one and consciousness two (duality)? Is awareness it and consciousness not it?

Yes, I've also experienced consciousness/awareness as a tiny point as well as infinite and unboundaried. But neither of those term are about duality as there is only One.

Some of these discussions about which is what and how it all works seem inhibiting to me... like analyzing the chemical content of a meal instead of just eating it.

I found my own need to mentally analyze everything was just a bad habit after all, and a sticking point of my fixed identity. Understanding can support and inspire our growth as a useful part of the mind, but more than that... well.......

Xan

Old 06-01-2012, 08:05 PM
Master
It strikes me that another word for "beingness" is "formlessness"... Brahman.

Xan

Old 06-01-2012, 08:12 PM
Shabby

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Yes, I've also experienced consciousness/awareness as a tiny point as well as infinite and unboundaried. But neither of those term are about duality as there is only One.

Some of these discussions about which is what and how it all works seem inhibiting to me... like analyzing the chemical content of a meal instead of just eating it.

I found my own need to mentally analyze everything was just a bad habit after all, and a sticking point of my fixed identity. Understanding can support and inspire our growth as a useful part of the mind, but more than that... well.......

Xan

You say some of these discussions are inhibiting to you...which ones and which ones are not? You don't really have to answer that question, I was just wondering what makes the difference?