Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 23-09-2012, 11:47 PM
amy green

Psychoslice - I was impressed too! You put it very well.
Old 23-09-2012, 11:56 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by amy green
Psychoslice - I was impressed too! You put it very well.

Yup, me too - seems all the votes are in, psychoslice wins by a landslide -

Old 24-09-2012, 12:39 AM
Master
Now, are you all making fun of me, lol.
Old 24-09-2012, 01:05 AM
Mountain-Goat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Buzz
Get a big dog up ya Mountain Goat!! I'm in a tranquill state if bliss as we speak!!
~channels Arthur Dent~
Ahh, well this must be a new definition of inner peace that i am not aware of.
~unchannels Arthur Dent~
Old 24-09-2012, 01:11 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountain-Goat
~channels Arthur Dent~
Ahh, well this must be a new definition of inner peace that i am not aware of.
~unchannels Arthur Dent~
He he, I'll have to go and get myself a big dog, I'm really looking forward to trying this technique lol.
Old 24-09-2012, 01:20 AM
Master
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Now, are you all making fun of me, lol.

I wouldn't do such a thing!

Cuz you are the king!

Ring-a-ding-ding, daddy-o.

I'm going to enjoy my good mood while it lasts.

Old 24-09-2012, 01:44 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Silvergirl
I wouldn't do such a thing!

Cuz you are the king!

Ring-a-ding-ding, daddy-o.

I'm going to enjoy my good mood while it lasts.
WoW a king, I usually get called the queen.
Old 24-09-2012, 02:32 AM
rsingh

Hi 3dnow

Self and present moment are the same thing. Myself and consciousness is the same thing as well. What do you mean by self when you say self? Is it the self your body? Is it the self your mind or is it the self your feeling or is it the self your consciousnesss? It depends how you define self? My consciousnes is myself for me?
Old 24-09-2012, 06:51 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Funny... I didn't find The Power of Now dry at all. I devoured it like a juicy peach, then swallowed the juice. Different folks, eh...........?

But to find a teaching not helpful, then keep focusing on how much you didn't like it.... Sounds like a different issue is going on, 3d, my friend.

Xan

Xan I didn't find it helpful. I focus on it because there is so much attention on it.

Why is that your business? This is the real question. What do you want from me? You simply look like a fanatic here.

3d
Old 24-09-2012, 07:05 AM
3dnow

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
You just don't quite understand what Tolle is saying, he is not saying to force the self into the now, you are already here Now, by dropping the mind which takes you to the so called past and future, you are then where you are, Now, you cannot be anywhere else but Now.

Well he says that we should try to stay in the Now:

"In your everyday life, you can practice this by taking any routine activity that normally is only a means to an end and giving it your fullest attention, so that it becomes an end in itself. For example, every time you walk up and down the stairs in your house or place of work, pay close attention to every step, every movement, even your breathing. Be totally present. Or when you wash your hands, pay attention to all the sense perceptions associated with the activity the sound and feel of the water, the movement of your hands, the scent of the soap, and so on. Or when you get into your car, after you close the door, pause for a few seconds and observe the flow of your breath. Become aware of a silent but powerful sense of presence. There is one certain criterion by which you can measure your success in this practice: the degree of peace that you feel within."

Comparison with my approach is useful in order to understand what is wrong with Tolle's method:

If there is a problem in my mind, I solve it.
Then I am happy, because my mind is not distracted by this problem again.

Tolle's approach is like a house made of playing cards. A little problem and you are distracted. He proposes to forget the problem and stay in the Now, I guess. This really doesn't resonate with me. I want to let go this weakness from my soul. Staying in the now will not let it go.

It looks like an ostrich approach. His goal is wonderful but his method doesn't resonate with me.