Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

"How many roads must a man walk down"
"The answer, my friend, is blowin' in the wind".. the winds of change..

Be well..
Old 06-10-2010, 02:58 PM
Wind of Grace

"How many roads must a man walk down" Bob Dylan

My answer to Mr.Dylan:

Many, many, many... and many more... and then some... until he doesn't have any more roads to walk down, because he is Home.

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 06-10-2010 at 03:01 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:59 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wind of Grace
Seeking = Curiosity to me. Children are insatiably curious, it is by far their greatest quality.

If curiosity and subsequent seeking leads one to climb a tree, fall down and break a leg, so be it. If they are afraid when the get to the emergency room, so be it. The only real danger in life is when one chooses to stop asking questions.

Suffering can only be present through resistance. If there is no resistance to what is, there may be intense pain of sorts to endure, but there will be no suffering.

Seeking to uncover the wisdom of ones own heart is a noble journey indeed. If one does not search, they must have all of the answers... and since this is not my reality, I search and remain open to my own discoveries.

At the root of all seeking is a dissatisfaction, a sense of lack, a need to find something, fear and resistance.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:09 PM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
Spoken like a true green Phroggy... At the root of all seeking is a dissatisfaction, a sense of lack, a need to find something, fear and resistance.

So says you.

Our differences of perspective are greatly obvious on this subject, I graciously agree to disagree.

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 06-10-2010 at 03:13 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:10 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
Hi Guys

I would say regarding suffering that there Is a suffering that an individual Is aware of and there Is a suffering where an Individual Is not.

How does one end suffering when they are not aware that they are?

x daz x

Suffering is created in the mind and so it is determined subjectively. There isn't a suffering that an individual is not aware of. However, the nature of dualistic experience is such that joy cannot be known without sorrow, etc, so when an individual claims he does not suffer, either he experiences no love, joy or peace in his life, which for the individual IS suffering, or he's saying he has accomplished the impossible and has created a one-ended stick.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:13 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

What I mean by Truth is the oneness of Beingness, the realization of which is freedom from suffering, the cause of which is the belief in separation, the function of which is identification with the mind/body.
Realizing we are One comprised of many, is Truth.. preferring either as less or more than the other is a self-imposed limitation of awareness.. the notion of "oneness of Beingness" includes the separation and the mind/bodies that it 'is'.. rather than the "belief in separation" causing suffering, it is the misunderstanding of the 'whole' process of Being..

Be well..
Old 06-10-2010, 03:23 PM
Master
The answer my friend is 'blowin in the wind'... so 'blowin in the wind' is the answer my friend.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:26 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I think if one is seeking for what is he will find what isn't true, but it is ridiculous to intently seek what isn't true, so one may go seek up the garden path and find that trail is devoid of the truth, somewhere near its bitter end, because of course the hope was that path led to the truth and it was followed far.

Maybe then another path leads to truth and same.

One of these freaking paths must lead to the truth dammit!

"How many roads must a man walk down" Bob Dylan

Everything in the universe is moving toward Truth because nothing else works. Even the exploration of dead ends is necessary because it tells us what doesn't work.
Old 06-10-2010, 03:27 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I'm being accused of that alot lately!

Maybe you're having an identity crisis?
Old 06-10-2010, 03:32 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winds of change
So says you.

Our differences of perspective are greatly obvious on this subject, I graciously agree to disagree.

If everything is seen as perfect the way it is, why seek anything? If you have everything you need, why seek more? There is dissatisfaction and need in seeking.
Closed Thread