Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 01-12-2014, 06:59 AM
Everly

Diet for a New America, by John Robbins.

Everything by Jane Roberts.

And when I was 14, a very long time ago, it was the books on Edgar Cayce that encouraged me to follow my own path.

Science of Mind, by Ernest Holmes. (This is NOT related to Scientology.)
Old 30-01-2015, 03:45 AM
Free-Spirit

Spiritual Nutrition by Dr Gabriel Cousens
Old 31-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

I'm surfing this morning and read your post. I'm from Oz too. I haven't read any of Wayne Dyer books. Is he a Psych? I should put him on my list. Love books!
Old 13-02-2015, 11:28 PM
Ascender
"Proof of Heaven" by Eban Alexander. I believed in life after death but this book profoundly affected my spirituality.

"Far Journeys" by Robert Monroe. It answered questions not just about OOBE's but subconscious fears, and reality creation in a way that made sense to me.

Both of these are also just darn good stories.
Old 16-02-2015, 03:59 PM
Master
Bunny

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaitlynRAWR
This may sound silly, but a book by the name of Looking For Alaska by one John Green, made me sit a think, about myself, and the people around me. About society and life and our meanings and our destinies.

This can sound a bit juvenile considering the book is a young adult fiction, but this novel really made a difference, and I don't think I'll be quick to forget it.

I'll add Staying Fat for Sarah Byrnes to that list. Holy frick that was such a moving book...it too was young adult fiction.

Touches on so much badness in the world, but so much goodness to, touches on the fine line of religious freedom and dogma, touches on the fine line between doing one's job and going off the record to go the extra mile to reach a student in a lot of trouble, how appearances and experiences can really shape people's lives...it was very very deep. And most of the characters are in shades of gray, not black and white. Beautiful
Old 23-02-2015, 10:11 AM
aetherian

The Nine Freedoms

Quote:
Originally Posted by dragon charms
I would love to hear about the book or books, that really made such a change, that literally changed your life, or lifestyle, or beliefs for the better.

There is one book guaranteed to change your life,"The Nine Freedoms"
dictated by the martian Adept, Mars Sector Six through George King whilst in a self induced Samadhic Trance.

Because the source is also a Lord of Karma it carries more significance.
Old 24-03-2015, 10:29 PM
Knower
A course in miracles.
Old 26-03-2015, 05:47 PM
Experiencer
Edit:remove.
Old 14-06-2015, 07:13 PM
Newbie ;)

The Secret Book of John

I have read some of the books listed, but have relatively little tolerance for reading since reading THE WHITE BOOK by Ramtha. However the book which influenced me more than any other was THE POWER OF YOUR SUBCONSCIOUS MIND by Dr. Joseph Murphy. It was the first book I read during mid-life crisis and it helped me more in understanding how to initiate change within than anything I read before or since. My reading list is rather limited, but here goes:
Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
Illusions by Richard Bach
Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman
The White Book by Ramtha
The Gospel of Thomas from The Other Bible
The Secret Book of John (or The Apochryphon of John) also from The Other Bible.

These are the books which definitely impacted my life and caused me to change how I perceived things.

Namaste'
Old 14-06-2015, 07:20 PM
Knower
Quote:
Originally Posted by Seven07
Jonathan Livingston Seagull by Richard Bach
Illusions by Richard Bach
Way of the Peaceful Warrior by Dan Millman

Read these some years ago. I agree were life changing and most influential. Especially Richard Bach books.