Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spiritual Development

Old 25-05-2016, 03:32 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spirit Guide Sparrow
Dear Floatsy,

One would hope to aspire so would they not?

It still remains true however that you reside within a reality where your access to information, awareness and perception is limited to the vibration you currently occupy and inhabit. This becomes very apparent to you immediately after passing and after spending time in the halls of information. As you enter and access a broader canvas of consciousness what you are accustomed to on Earth quickly loses its original appeal and becomes more of a burden in contrast. What you are able to learn in the spirit world greatly extends far beyond anything available to you presently.

This is not to suggest there is nothing to ''discover, investigate, learn and purify'' in your current state of existence. There is always, in all ways, something to take away from your human experience. You would not be here otherwise.

You must find the beauty and value in any environment and reality you find yourself in at any given moment.

-Sparrow

Thank you for your reply, Sparrow. I appreciate it very much

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 25-05-2016, 04:22 PM
Experiencer
Quote:
Dear Sozerius,

We thank you in kind for your enduring interest in our continued confabulations, as we have in your wellbeing, and we hope that your spiritual pursuits continue to peak in rival to those enjoyed playing this Fallout.

-Sparrow

This is probably coincidence, but I have actually been playing a game called Fallout lately. If only spiritual accomplishment could be so simple as playing a game. ;) Alas, the difficulty is not in button pressing but rather consciousness shifting. The latter can be quite difficult and energy-consuming for me on most days, with few times in-between where it seems to come naturally. Sometimes this flux can feel like a battle of sorts that I am having with either my own mental state/energy levels or my environment, or both and I am always looking for ways to help things to progress smoothly. Thankfully, I do tend to find a way or two, to do this, from time to time. Someone jokingly compared my spiritual activities, and the effort I expend there, to my efforts playing Fallout (recently, I should say) since I like to spend my time playing it. I just wanted to mention it because it struck me as poignant, or perhaps strange, that you would say something like that, even if it was not intentionally in correlation to 'Fallout', the game.
Old 25-05-2016, 05:49 PM
Master
Quote:
Dear 7luminaries,

Actually no.

My question to you is why you believe this information originates from some past lives you yourself have lived.

-Sparrow

Hello Sparrow
The earlier ones came as memories from what seemed to be much further back (no idea). The time frame is more around shortly or immediately prior and immediately after death. In one case...a while after death as I didn't initially realise and was completely disoriented till I eventually came back to the spot I last was.

They were distinguishable from dreams or lucid dreams by feel and quality, being much more immediate and detailed but also in that I was just both reliving and (after death) observing events that had already occurred. I was myself but of course I looked different.
They came in over about a 6-month time period when I was at university and I can still remember a lot of the core detail.

Also, starting around that time, conscious memories of the last life as a woman had much more of a vagueness, like regular memories that had faded but which have come through here and there over a lifetime and sketched an outline. At first, it was just the vague observation of the death scene but over time more has come. Not as clear or sustained visually as the others, because I've only ever got flashes and impressions whilst awake. But much more immediate and painful emotionally, particularly feelings of loss and failure. And I had obviously at least partly given in to despair, which means I had to consciously choose to do differently this time.

This was all so painful that I had no desire whatsoever to explore it (or the others) further. I really had no interest in any of it at all until about 5 years back, when I felt more capable to occasionally turn my focus to these things with no particular agenda at all, but just having more energy to revisit them. There was an opportunity for healing that came through, mainly with my last life.

I can still recall or revisit the outlook on life and how hard it was then. I didn't speak much but I understand why now I have typically felt the need to make the effort to engage and communicate clearly. Because it was so difficult to do so before, even though I really wanted to be different. I didn't have the gift of the blarney and I had great difficulty in expressing myself.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question now either...but I haven't done much more with any of this. I hope this is good enough.

Peace & blessings
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke
Old 25-05-2016, 07:37 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Floatsy
O Sparrow, thank you for your responses. I feel like a kid in the candy store when I get a letter/s from you!

Dear Floatsy,

Only chewing on Sparrow’s words does not rot your teeth.

Quote:
When I put my hand out, I cannot detect a thought behind that. Having said that, perhaps (as is my theory about what consciousness is), you are right. :)

Well what we are really talking about is the act of choosing how, why and when to meditate. The act of choosing how, why and when to reach out to the spirit world. The act of how, why and when to work to put food on your table. The act of choosing how, why and when to set intention into motion to attract desired outcome. The act of choosing is an act of stating your intention and creating your own reality, for better or for worse.

In the example you provide, deliberately putting your hand out is an act of intention to do something. Perhaps it is to pick up a cup. Perhaps the sensation of thirst has triggered this action. Your motor cortex is sending signals through motor neurons in the spinal cord to instruct specific muscle groups to execute motion. It has done this in response to your mental perception of time, space and your relationship to your current activity and circumstance. Your consciousness is interacting with your physical environment and making a choice where it wishes to be in relation to what it wants.
Your hand does not move forward by itself, unless it has an involuntary muscle condition, it is responding to your awareness of persona and identity as a physical being.

Quote:
Perhaps it is this distillation as it does feel very serene and peaceful. I am not seeking (I think heehee) to keep this state, but am resting in it quite often of late. I thank you for reminding me of these points however of the endurability :)

Quite so. If you sought to keep such a state indefinitely you would eventually lose sense of persona and starve to death where you sat, and you would not even care. The mind then kicks in and alerts you to your need to survive as a physical being and ejects you from this transient bliss.

-Sparrow

~~~Spirit Guide Sparrow~~~
From the wisdom of my council to the wisdom of yours

¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜� �”*°•.¸☆•°☆¸.•°*”˜˜”*°•.¸
Old 25-05-2016, 07:41 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sozerius
This is probably coincidence, but I have actually been playing a game called Fallout lately. If only spiritual accomplishment could be so simple as playing a game. ;) Alas, the difficulty is not in button pressing but rather consciousness shifting. The latter can be quite difficult and energy-consuming for me on most days, with few times in-between where it seems to come naturally. Sometimes this flux can feel like a battle of sorts that I am having with either my own mental state/energy levels or my environment, or both and I am always looking for ways to help things to progress smoothly. Thankfully, I do tend to find a way or two, to do this, from time to time. Someone jokingly compared my spiritual activities, and the effort I expend there, to my efforts playing Fallout (recently, I should say) since I like to spend my time playing it. I just wanted to mention it because it struck me as poignant, or perhaps strange, that you would say something like that, even if it was not intentionally in correlation to 'Fallout', the game.

Dear Sozerius,

No coincidence. I understand you call it Fallout 4 to be more accurate, which you use to exercise certain freedoms of youth and fantasy, like you have again today. My light hearted point was in fact to mirror the point made by your lovely other, that if you spent as much time with your spirituality as you do with your current entertainment enjoyments you will no doubt blossom beautifully.

Again, we thank you for your kind words.

-Sparrow

Old 25-05-2016, 07:44 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by 7luminaries
Hello Sparrow
The earlier ones came as memories from what seemed to be much further back (no idea). The time frame is more around shortly or immediately prior and immediately after death. In one case...a while after death as I didn't initially realise and was completely disoriented till I eventually came back to the spot I last was.

They were distinguishable from dreams or lucid dreams by feel and quality, being much more immediate and detailed but also in that I was just both reliving and (after death) observing events that had already occurred. I was myself but of course I looked different.
They came in over about a 6-month time period when I was at university and I can still remember a lot of the core detail.

Also, starting around that time, conscious memories of the last life as a woman had much more of a vagueness, like regular memories that had faded but which have come through here and there over a lifetime and sketched an outline. At first, it was just the vague observation of the death scene but over time more has come. Not as clear or sustained visually as the others, because I've only ever got flashes and impressions whilst awake. But much more immediate and painful emotionally, particularly feelings of loss and failure. And I had obviously at least partly given in to despair, which means I had to consciously choose to do differently this time.

This was all so painful that I had no desire whatsoever to explore it (or the others) further. I really had no interest in any of it at all until about 5 years back, when I felt more capable to occasionally turn my focus to these things with no particular agenda at all, but just having more energy to revisit them. There was an opportunity for healing that came through, mainly with my last life.

I can still recall or revisit the outlook on life and how hard it was then. I didn't speak much but I understand why now I have typically felt the need to make the effort to engage and communicate clearly. Because it was so difficult to do so before, even though I really wanted to be different. I didn't have the gift of the blarney and I had great difficulty in expressing myself.

I'm not sure I'm answering your question now either...but I haven't done much more with any of this. I hope this is good enough.

Peace & blessings
7L
Dear 7luminaries,

I acknowledge this is how you perceive yourself and I thank you for sharing yourself in this way.

-Sparrow

Old 26-05-2016, 03:45 AM
Experiencer
Quote:
Dear Sozerius,

No coincidence. I understand you call it Fallout 4 to be more accurate, which you use to exercise certain freedoms of youth and fantasy, like you have again today. My light hearted point was in fact to mirror the point made by your lovely other, that if you spent as much time with your spirituality as you do with your current entertainment enjoyments you will no doubt blossom beautifully.

Again, we thank you for your kind words.

-Sparrow

Well, I am further struck by your insight. I will try to take your point to heart, deeper than I had already when my friend said something like that. Quite a challenge really, but perhaps this is a good time for that.

Thank you too, for your own kindness and offering of encouragement. And for showing me some of your truth.
Old 26-05-2016, 04:36 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:

Dear Floatsy,

Only chewing on Sparrow’s words does not rot your teeth.

Quote:

Well what we are really talking about is the act of choosing how, why and when to meditate. The act of choosing how, why and when to reach out to the spirit world. The act of how, why and when to work to put food on your table. The act of choosing how, why and when to set intention into motion to attract desired outcome. The act of choosing is an act of stating your intention and creating your own reality, for better or for worse.

Dear Sparrow,

If you would indulge my slowness on these matters. In a prior post you noted: "The act of choosing is an act of thought; to say you can choose something without a thought is not possible, for you are exercising persona."

Are we talking of decisions here, Sparrow?

And this is what you are further elaborating on above?

To make a decision?

Quote:

In the example you provide, deliberately putting your hand out is an act of intention to do something. Perhaps it is to pick up a cup. Perhaps the sensation of thirst has triggered this action. Your motor cortex is sending signals through motor neurons in the spinal cord to instruct specific muscle groups to execute motion. It has done this in response to your mental perception of time, space and your relationship to your current activity and circumstance. Your consciousness is interacting with your physical environment and making a choice where it wishes to be in relation to what it wants.
Your hand does not move forward by itself, unless it has an involuntary muscle condition, it is responding to your awareness of persona and identity as a physical being.

I used the example of an outstretched hand because I can will my hand to move, I can pick up a cup, I can look upwards from my screen to the night sky. All these actions do not require a "thought".

Except...unless it is the subtle thought that is doing so (that is the idea I can conceive of here, if that makes sense)...yes I am exercising my consciousness within the wider world consciousness.

I cannot make a decision about which job to take, for example, without a thought perhaps, but are these not also decisions, Sparrow? Of movement, of physicality, of direction.

I hope I have not confused you with my thoughts

I also looked at our prior conversations: I don't believe (but I could be confused) that I am trying to keep a thoughtless state per se but thoughts are just much more subtle now, much less. I can still function (although once I start interacting with people I start talking a lot )

It feels like one consciousness in any case, in those other moments.

Quote:

Quite so. If you sought to keep such a state indefinitely you would eventually lose sense of persona and starve to death where you sat, and you would not even care. The mind then kicks in and alerts you to your need to survive as a physical being and ejects you from this transient bliss.

-Sparrow

Thank you, Spirit Guide Sparrow. Fortunately, my desire to eat and my sensibilities are still anchored, although after I read your post, I did go outside for a walk and also tried to bring in more thoughts too, and came down a bit from my bliss cloud.

Thank you again for all that you share, and counsel us on.

Namaste,
Floatzy

Truth/
Compassion
/
Wisdom
Old 26-05-2016, 04:51 AM
Master
We have a sparrow connection Spirit guide sparrow.

May I ask what yours relates too?

Man has learned how to challenge both Nature and art to become the incitements to vice! His very cups he has delighted to engrave with libidinous subjects, and he takes pleasure in drinking from vessels of obscene form! Pliny the Elder
Old 26-05-2016, 03:39 PM
Master
Quote:
Dear 7luminaries,

I acknowledge this is how you perceive yourself and I thank you for sharing yourself in this way.

-Sparrow
Hello Sparrow
You're very welcome, dear Sparrow. Thank you for your kind words. And thank you for not judging or criticising what I shared, whatever it is. I am glad I finally managed to make some sense regarding what it is we were discussing. BTW you've become so formal this round, hahaha

I appreciate your earlier thoughts on the need to deal with things in the now whenever possible. Regarding these past memories, I have no particular tie to any interpretation. It's a bit unformed and I have no particular need to understand it except as to the life lessons and the emotional healing opportunity presented from the last time.

I just know that the core of me was always present in all these situations...and that I had different levels or areas of awareness, but that at the broadest level, my main inclinations and preferences were still the same.

What was authentic and common to me? A desire for social justice and political representation...a general lack of physical fear or physical death (which on the one hand is very freeing but can be unsustainable and needs some tempering and some grounding!!!)...and more lately (so to speak), a strong inclination toward integrity, that is, a desire to align myself and my waking world with who I am at centre, with Spirit and with my higher self.

That last...the integrity...seems it was not as fully developed in my earlier lives because I wasn't as integrated. I had a strong sense of honour and principles, but I don't seem to recall much about others close to me, and particularly I have no memory of the women who loved and supported me from birth to early death. I put principles of peace, justice and representation ahead of personal concerns and of people in my life, no doubt, and that must have had something to do with why I was repeatedly killed by a close friend/brother whom I loved dearly, &/or oppressive govt forces.

But my engagement with others at a personal level and under severe duress and oppression was much deeper in my last life. And thus my level of integrity and alignment with spirit, was much deeper and less superficial in my last life as well. It just didn't last very long (last life) and it almost broke me before dying young. But the man who had brought me down in those lives (according to the man, LOL), was the one who loved and supported me in the last life, who showed me kindness and truly saw me as I was. The cycle was healed of my detachment and neglect and his violence -- just as soon as I had finally connected with him personally and showed him love and kindness day-to-day. The lesson is that integrity in an individual sense is meaningless without integrity in an interpersonal sense, and specifically with regard to those closest to you...and then extending outward to the rest of humanity. And that all true healing involves a personal connection, soul-to-soul -- even in done remotely in the waking world, we are present and personal in spirit within the circle of belonging for the most effective healing. But for most healing and for most growth over the course of our lives, there is simply no substitute for presence and personal contact and engagement. That's why we're here.

What I learnt to my very core from those earlier deaths is that it's sadly quite hollow and false to care for the unwashed masses whilst abusing (including exploitation and coercive or persistent imbalances) or neglecting others (probably even more common, and often occurs within a context of imbalance) in our life that we touch more directly. Well-intentioned though we may be. Authentic love --seeking the (highest) good of the other(s) equally to the self -- is not just for others to do in their daily lives whilst some of us focus soley on the "big stuff" at the expense of others in our lives upon whom we depend or rely. It's for each of us to do as well, of course.

Once the fuller and more aligned version of integrity is experienced...then the superficial, self-referential version of integrity can never again pass for a more authentic and more fully engaged integrity that encompasses and embraces the reality of interbeing. We have to walk the walk all round. Of course, and so very critically, we need the individual fortitude to endure oppression and abuse whilst living in alignment with Spirit and with authentic love. Or whilst striving to do so.

I suppose that's what the last life lesson was...seeking integrity and right alignment whilst experiencing contempt, vulnerability, exploitation, oppression and weakness in a way I could never have known or even imagined previously otherwise (had I bothered...). God but it was short and brutal...just like Hobbes said. And now I have the golden opportunity to engage with authentic love (toward self equally to that of others)...and to heal (and try to mend fences) with my strength and fortitude whilst no longer having to die for aligning with progressive social and individual change :).

What lessons have you learnt, if it's alright to ask in all sincerity? Have you also had a handful or more of lifetimes here or elsewhere? Did you also have to go through a round or three of being offed before wising up a bit and desiring to dig in a bit more fully and authentically with self and others - sans violence? Just curious how common these lessons are...though I would assume pretty common indeed, LOL! :)

Peace & blessings to you, Sparrow
7L

Here we must be unafraid of what is difficult.

For all living beings in nature must unfold in their particular way

and become themselves despite all opposition.

-- Rainer Maria Rilke