Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Lifestyle > Vegetarian & Vegan

Old 26-01-2012, 03:09 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andromeda27
It started with feeling not totally okay with eating animals. I always felt guilty but would just push the thoughts from my mind. The final straw was for health reasons. After a year however I did reintroduce fish on occasion (wild caught).

So actually, you are a pescatarian which means you eat mostly vegetables but occasionally include fish.

Then there are lacto-ovo vegetarians, which means, you eat vegetables, dairy products and eggs. Many retain the use of dairy and eggs because they are not aware of the cruelty that is involved in these products.

A vegetarian would be someone who eats only vegetables. This might be a choice based on a perception of healthier eating. Or they might be a person who is desirous of not being involved in the cruelty of animal use and might chose this life style on their way to becoming a vegan.

And a vegan is someone who eats only plant material (no honey) and uses no other animal products (or at least tries not to, but animals are hidden in so many products that it's impossible to totally avoid it) and that includes wearing dead animals. Generally a person who becomes vegan does so because of a desire to not participate in the cruelty and abuse that goes along with human use of animals.
Old 26-01-2012, 06:40 PM
Master

Why NOT be vegetarian or vegan?

How can one be 'holy' or 'spiritual' when there is blood on your hands, or blood on somebody else's hands because of you?

http://holy-lance.blogspot.com
Old 26-01-2012, 06:43 PM
Aquarian

Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
You either are or you're not. Egg's implanted, starting to grow..... No such thing as a little bit pregnant.
And the 3 or 4 days before that? Pregnant or not?
Old 07-02-2012, 03:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by knightofalbion
Why NOT be vegetarian or vegan?

How can one be 'holy' or 'spiritual' when there is blood on your hands, or blood on somebody else's hands because of you?
Welcome to nature. Every living being feeds on other living beings.

If we are unholy (wonder about a definition here) when we have blood on our hands, than what about the lions? Aren't they also unholy by that logic?
Old 07-02-2012, 04:34 PM
misscelt

Lions hunt to survive without any tools or weapons. We as humans have a choice about what we feed on. There is nothing natural about the mass farming of animals for slaughter.
Old 07-02-2012, 04:42 PM
Master
Lions do have weapons. Claws, teeth, speed, planning!
Quote:
Originally Posted by misscelt
We as humans have a choice about what we feed on. There is nothing natural about the mass farming of animals for slaughter.
1. Not every human being has that luxury.

2. So small farming of animals is ''natural'' and mass farming isn't? How can it be unnatural? What about the internet, is it natural?

All things on Earth are natural by default. (resist the naturalistic fallacy!)
Old 07-02-2012, 04:49 PM
misscelt

1. I didn't say it was a luxury - it is always a choice. If I had to kill something to survive I would die. That is my choice.
2. Raising something for slaughter either way is hideous, mass farming is just the more obvious of the two.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:16 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian
And the 3 or 4 days before that? Pregnant or not?

Well from a website I found:

'By day 5 after conception, the cluster of divided cells is referred to as a blastocyst. The blastocyst must implant itself into the endometrium, or the thickened inner wall of the uterus, where it can continue to develop into an embryo.

If any of these steps do not happen, or aren't successful, then you will not succeed with impregnation. Many women have had a fertilized egg, or zygote occur during their monthly cycle without a successful implantation and were not aware of it. Their period may have come early, late, lasted a little longer than usual, or there could have been no noticeable changes at all.

It isn't until after implantation has occurred and pregnancy hormones are being produced by the body that pregnancy can be officially confirmed.'

Based on the above, I would say that you are pregnant when pregnancy hormones are being produced. Until then there is the possibility that that fertilised egg could be shed.

But of course, that's only my opinion and I suppose like any number of things it depends on your personal perspective.
Old 08-02-2012, 08:19 PM
DebbyM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrysaetos
Welcome to nature. Every living being feeds on other living beings.

If we are unholy (wonder about a definition here) when we have blood on our hands, than what about the lions? Aren't they also unholy by that logic?

Why do folks continually compare themselves to lions? We have the capacity for spiritual growth. We are different (although in many ways biologically the same) from the animals in that regard. An animal relies on instinct to survive, while we not only have an instinct for survival but we also reason and think future-tense which is to mean we can plan for our future survival.
Old 09-02-2012, 08:22 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by DebbyM
Why do folks continually compare themselves to lions? We have the capacity for spiritual growth. We are different (although in many ways biologically the same) from the animals in that regard. An animal relies on instinct to survive, while we not only have an instinct for survival but we also reason and think future-tense which is to mean we can plan for our future survival.
Hey Debby!

If the slaughter and pain of animals is the problem, then why is it that only humans are hold responsible for this?
Shouldn't we teach the lions how to do it humanely? I mean, they can eat their prey alive!

Of course we are different, we can reason. I would say that minimizing pain is a sound goal, but ''giving it up'' entirely is impossible.

Edit: Do you watch nature documentaries? If so, how do you feel about animals eating other animals?

Last edited by Chrysaetos : 09-02-2012 at 12:18 PM.