Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 21-05-2013, 02:06 AM
Master
Please take your time icy_su, I speak three languages (tho not as fluently as you are doing with English) and am fully aware of the challenge involved in translating concise thought into another language. I have respect for your diligence in taking the time to express your considered thoughts on this. If there was an icon for bowing I would. =)
Old 21-05-2013, 02:09 AM
icy_su

1. Are there superpowers embedded in human?

The answer is yes. As I mentioned in previous posts, people’s problem is that their garden is too messy. When unwanted grass are cleaned up, the “true spirit of life” will come out, which is “complete and perfect”, which “can generate everything”. Master Buddhists do have superpowers. It’s not because they gained those powers somewhere, it’s because the powers are embedded in the true spirit of life. They found the powers through Buddhism practice. This is one of the reasons why people say Buddhism help to develop one’s wisdom. And you see, these are wisdom, not magic tricks to gain applaud. The wisdom is about full expansion of human sensation capacity. Such as super sight, super listening ability, awareness of others' thoughts etc...

Don’t get too excited about this, and begin imagining that you can travel through time etc. Please do read my following posts and get my full idea.
Old 21-05-2013, 02:10 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrystalSong
Please take your time icy_su, I speak three languages (tho not as fluently as you are doing with English) and am fully aware of the challenge involved in translating concise thought into another language. I have respect for your diligence in taking the time to express your considered thoughts on this. If there was an icon for bowing I would. =)

You made me laugh~~ :-)
Old 21-05-2013, 02:39 AM
icy_su

Quote:
Originally Posted by icy_su
1. Are there superpowers embedded in human?

The answer is yes. As I mentioned in previous posts, people’s problem is that their garden is too messy. When unwanted grass are cleaned up, the “true spirit of life” will come out, which is “complete and perfect”, which “can generate everything”. Master Buddhists do have superpowers. It’s not because they gained those powers somewhere, it’s because the powers are embedded in the true spirit of life. They found the powers through Buddhism practice. This is one of the reasons why people say Buddhism help to develop one’s wisdom. And you see, these are wisdom, not magic tricks to gain applaud. The wisdom is about full expansion of human sensation capacity. Such as super sight, super listening ability, awareness of others' thoughts etc...

Don’t get too excited about this, and begin imagining that you can travel through time etc. Please do read my following posts and get my full idea.

2. How can one develop the superpowers.

Buddhists perceive superpowers as natural things, as we know that it’s the natural phenomenon when one achieves a certain level of Buddhism practice. But there’s no shortcut to such full enlightenment. One should make tremendous efforts in their Buddhist path. And as I said earlier, first and foremost – recognize your role in the society and do all good things. And then the Buddhist practice you choose. In our belief, this is the only way to the true enlightenment. It may be also true that a Buddhist achieves a very high level in Buddhism but never developes such superpowers. I generally do not use the superpower standards to measure a Buddhist's achievement.

However, the most important thing is that, if you set gaining the superpower as your goal of practice, then you are wrong in direction. Hence you will never achieve the true enlightenment. There are cases that people develop mental disorder when they try to develop superpower. That’s why I said it can be dangerous.

Buddhists never pursue superpowers. Even when Buddhists realize that they have developed certain superpower, it’s strictly forbidden to show to others. This is to avoid the curiosity, and avoid leading people to pursue superpower. I understand that all a Buddhist wants to convey is the spirit of truth, beauty and kindness -- the universal value.
Old 21-05-2013, 02:57 AM
icy_su

3. The problem with the 3rd eye development practice.

On one hand, the 3rd eye development is a pursuit of superpower. As I said earlier, it can be mentally dangerous. Now I would like to also clarify its problem from physical perspective.

First, I would like to introduce the Chi concept. Chi is an energy flow that begins from one’s feet to head. If you meditate properly, you can feel it. Chi heals a person’s physical defects.

I do not know who one practices 3rd eye development. But I saw someone mentioned focusing on forehead (?) when meditating.

As I mentioned in my previous posts about meditating objects, some objects can be harmful. Focusing on forehead is one of them. Generally I do not encourage people to focus on a particular part of the body. Some places are fine, some please are not. You can’t tell until you realize the harmful effect.

The reason of such harm is that Chi goes with your attention. If you focus on a particular place of your body, Chi will concentrate to that place, as opposed to following its natural route. Yet the best way to use Chi is to let it follow the natural route and heals the defects as it naturally does. You do not know what effect will Chi bring about if they concentrate in a certain place. Many people feel sick when they concentrate on forehead, brain, lower belly, etc. I would always encourage people to take the safe path, and avoid any possible danger. After all, this is spiritual practice, which influence our mentality. It must be right and safe.
Old 21-05-2013, 03:20 AM
icy_su

4. Is it possible to have superpower without Buddhism practice?

There may be. So CrystalSong may be right, and she may possess such superpower. But I do encourage people to think over before deciding to practice.

From Buddhism perspective, we believe everything comes from one’s spirit. Hence spiritual practice is about the core of your life. You want to make it right and safe. How can you be sure that you are right on the path? As I always say, whatever religion or moral discipline you pursue, you can simply follow the standards of truth, beauty and kindness. Would you like to become someone excited about a vague 3rd eye, and about the lights, shadows, pretty or scary images you see when you close your eyes? Why don’t you like to spend the time to do some good things to others, and back to yourself, use meditation to make yourself become physically healthier and mentally more realistic and positive?

Second, as I said, I agree that maybe some people in this world possess certain superpowers as a God grant talents. But it doesn’t mean you can obtain through the same practice. If everybody can, I guess we would have been taught in kindergarten those super capabilities. It’s good that you can foresee all dangers that my occur so that you can get prepared and avoid, right?

Third, think about the risk. If you are constantly in fear, doubt, anxiety, and mysterious pictures, what kind of mentality you will develop. Spiritual practice is powerful. It’s a double edged sword. So please do think carefully before you decide on your path.
Old 21-05-2013, 03:34 AM
icy_su

5. The ability to foresee the future.

If there someone who can foresee the future. I would beg her mercy to foretell the earthquakes that have been frequent in China, which had caused too many deaths. I would be more than happy to hear the answer that "Yes, I can confidently foresee."

Sincerely,
Icy
Old 21-05-2013, 08:44 AM
icy_su

Dear CrystalSong,

I hope my posts didn't offend you. Thank you for sharing with us your thoughts and experience on spiritual practice. I am only trying to do the same. As the spirit of this forum asserts, people do not need to believe in the same thing and follow the same path. I am only hoping that my words can provide those who are thinking on this topic some knowledge and consierations.

Kind regards,
Icy
Old 21-05-2013, 09:56 AM
Deactivated Account
What your saying about chi is interesting. For me the energy builds where ever my focus is.. i enjoy it. And i dont like it. For me it would be interesting to know how the flow is suppose to go. I feel most of me in my upper areas of the body. So i been focusing when i meditate from the lower areas. Especialy my feet and hands. It seems to work for me. When i say me i mean my energy. I cant not feel it and i cant not have my self nowhere. So i have no choice but believing the energy is me. And no choice but to have my focus somewhere as it is me. I dont know how else to explain. So like i said knowing the proper flow would be very interesting to me. If you dont mind bringing it up. Thank you!

This is kinda funny so i feel like adding this. I say i also dont like it because when i began to feel it i also felt all my blocks. It was like waking up one day with a hangover. Except it didnt go away for a couple years. Ha ha! That wasnt fun but the pain has been worth it. The hangover is now nothing much. Maybe i went to a party in the spirit world and had to much to drink. Lol. Wish i could remember the party. Had to been something else! Lol. Im just having fun. Laughing at myself feels healing

Last edited by running : 21-05-2013 at 12:08 PM.
Old 21-05-2013, 10:23 AM
Deactivated Account
Actualy im wrong in saying im always focused on it. It just feels so. But i would still be curious of the natural flow of chi