Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 30-07-2013, 09:53 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Touched
I have been to numerous religious sites, and in general they are all pretty exclusive.

Christians have their evangelicals, Islamists have their Jihadists, Hindus have their Vaishnavas. Buddhists too have their zealots, but because Buddhism is non-proselytizing, it is of a different tone than the others.

My point isn't that all religion is bad, but that every religion has it's zealous adherents who try to use religion as power over others, rather than power over themselves.

Cool dream Running.

To me , religion is a old system of social control and it should by now replaced by civil law ......thousand years ago , human sociaty needed a system to control each other for the purposes of living together , religion played a very vital role in providing a system of living , keep human safe / orderly . But now , human had gain knowledge , knowledge is now a basis of human culture and human invented civil law , a system that allow human enjoy the benefit of living together in sociaty ....religion seeems to be something struggling to exist . To me , as human progress into greater understanding and thanks to knowledge , human will developed into another system of living together ......and that will be the acceptance of BUDDHISM concept . Buddhism to me will one day in the future replace all civil law ......there should be no more " country" , no more comparison , everyone understand their limitation , everyone accepted their role in sociaty.....and Buddhism concept will be a system of human living .

I hope to have more debate on this for my own understanding .
Thks CSEe
Old 30-07-2013, 10:07 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
On the defense of Buddhism as csee described. I had a dream that showed me all things keep us from the bliss. I went from seeing and hearing. To only hearing. To only darkness. In only darkness was the most bliss. There was no space for anything else. I took it as a circle my soul travels in. As it brought me back down one step at a time. Down to my current state at the time.

It was an interesting dream.

Your dream is a great source teaching you , teaching all of us , pushes you into greater realization ....thats Buddhism , anything / everything is a great source of self discovering / self relization ...thanks for sharing .
CSEe
Old 30-07-2013, 11:21 PM
Time

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSEe
In my current understanding of Buddhism there is no true or false , no right or wrong , no good or bad so if we keep on using our common knowledge as a guide we will always know what we already known ...we will be our knowledge that we gain ...Buddhism is beyond knowledge ........so using knowledge as our guide perhaps is limitation to our liberation , we will be the one we wish to be ....and that is suffering .
Thks CSEe

Does not mean that it isnt a problem to overcome
Old 30-07-2013, 11:58 PM
Deactivated Account
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time

I agree. And the thing that I don't get is why the dualistic nature of life and nothingness. Why not enjoy them both? Why call life suffering? I'm in agreement with Buddhism that the nothingness is in the core of the bliss or whatever one calls it. But what happens when you come out and adventure life. Can't it just both be good. I would hate to look at life in such a negative fashion. I get where there coming from but I don't agree with it. That's my opinion anyways.

Wherever I May Roam
https://youtu.be/Qq9PxuAsiR4
Old 31-07-2013, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Time

I am not quite understand you , please explain further .
Thks CSEe
Old 31-07-2013, 01:35 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by running
I agree. And the thing that I don't get is why the dualistic nature of life and nothingness. Why not enjoy them both? Why call life suffering? I'm in agreement with Buddhism that the nothingness is in the core of the bliss or whatever one calls it. But what happens when you come out and adventure life. Can't it just both be good. I would hate to look at life in such a negative fashion. I get where there coming from but I don't agree with it. That's my opinion anyways.

In my current understanding , the cause of all the human confusion is attachment on knowledge . Knowledge has became a basis / referral to living and human seems to become the knowledge itself .
We accepted the differences and had created a culture of comparison because of our knowledge .
We by our culture base on knowledge , we created the differences of joy against suffering , happy against sorrow , good against bad , right against wrong , true against false ......all these because of human culture of using knowledge as a basis of all .
Currently I cannot find any reason to be agree that nothingness is a core of bliss ....perhaps in Buddhism as we progress our desire , our emotion of bliss or sorrow will be reduced until there is nothing -empty , no feeling of joy or sad ...that is emptiness and perhaps further into that process is nothingness - the original nature of all existence .

In my current understanding , by being awake to aware , aware to realize the concept of Buddhism , we will living our life in a different meaning . Life is like a road , body is the car , our emotion is the driver ..........so is always the driver call on where to go , which road to take .....is always the driver choice .
Suffering or joy is resulted from our emotion ........and defined by our knowledge and acceptance of such knowledge ......
Buddhism in my current understanding is beyond knowledge , beyond culture so if we hold on our knowdledge ...thats suffering .
Buddhism is a process that we will eventually free from all emotion , not by our choice or practices but its natural ..........
As our emotion decreased , we will be in a condition less burden of self , with less desire , less love , less ego , less fear etc ...this condition is best descriped as " joy" or " compassionate" , "free"...but any words by human knowledge is never could explain such condition acurately ......
That condition is a resulted from being less self .......thats my current understanding of Buddhism.
Thks CSEe
Old 31-07-2013, 07:35 AM
Deactivated Account
If I was to adopt Buddhist philosophy towards life I would call it all suffering. But not adopting those ideologies I'm seeing life as quite pleasant. To me someone whom doesn't care for life came up with those ideas. In order for someone to discern anything you have to see contrast. Its why I have eyes to see. Ears to hear. Intuition to sense. I can go on and on. Without the ability to discern there's no point in anything. Tons of people since the beginning of time have grown to very high states of consciousness while still having personality and the ability to discern. Everything has something to sell. To me this is to be sold to those whom perhaps are fed up with life in some way. Its a good pitch. I'm sure there's tons of buyers.

Quote:
In my current understanding , the cause of all the human confusion is attachment on knowledge . Knowledge has became a basis / referral to living and human seems to become the knowledge itself .
We accepted the differences and had created a culture of comparison because of our knowledge .
We by our culture base on knowledge , we created the differences of joy against suffering , happy against sorrow , good against bad , right against wrong , true against false ......all these because of human culture of using knowledge as a basis of all .
Currently I cannot find any reason to be agree that nothingness is a core of bliss ....perhaps in Buddhism as we progress our desire , our emotion of bliss or sorrow will be reduced until there is nothing -empty , no feeling of joy or sad ...that is emptiness and perhaps further into that process is nothingness - the original nature of all existence .

In my current understanding , by being awake to aware , aware to realize the concept of Buddhism , we will living our life in a different meaning . Life is like a road , body is the car , our emotion is the driver ..........so is always the driver call on where to go , which road to take .....is always the driver choice .
Suffering or joy is resulted from our emotion ........and defined by our knowledge and acceptance of such knowledge ......
Buddhism in my current understanding is beyond knowledge , beyond culture so if we hold on our knowdledge ...thats suffering .
Buddhism is a process that we will eventually free from all emotion , not by our choice or practices but its natural ..........
As our emotion decreased , we will be in a condition less burden of self , with less desire , less love , less ego , less fear etc ...this condition is best descriped as " joy" or " compassionate" , "free"...but any words by human knowledge is never could explain such condition acurately ......
That condition is a resulted from being less self .......thats my current understanding of Buddhism.
Thks CSEe

Wherever I May Roam
Old 31-07-2013, 08:49 AM
Master
Dear Running , you said , I quote " If I was to adopt Buddhist philosophy towards life I would call it all suffering. But not adopting those ideologies I'm seeing life as quite pleasant." Un-quote

To me is the reverse ...I found peace in understanding of Buddhism . Buddhism concept to me is very clear that all suffering is same / equal as joy , and there is no differences of emotions not as in human knowledge . In human knowledge , all emotions were clearly defined and from the defination , we accepted differences .....in Buddhism there is no differences of joy or suffering as both is a reflection of our emotions ..........by understanding / accepting / realizing emotions...as we progress into this path , our emotion will reduced , our joy/suffering will be reduced . Buddhism is understand life , accepting emotion , realizing ownselves not to define life .....

You said " To me someone whom doesn't care for life came up with those ideas. In order for someone to discern anything you have to see contrast. Its why I have eyes to see. Ears to hear. Intuition to sense. I can go on and on. Without the ability to discern there's no point in anything. Tons of people since the beginning of time have grown to very high states of consciousness while still having personality and the ability to discern. Everything has something to sell. To me this is to be sold to those whom perhaps are fed up with life in some way. Its a good pitch. I'm sure there's tons of buyers." un-quote

Is human current culture to distingust , human use knowledge to define , to accept the differences and live in with the differences .........comparison makes human feel alive , knowledge makes human have faith ....human had created own understanding of world ...but the question is perhaps we are looking at something too far , too tiny , too close too large to notice ...perhaps we had confused ourselves with our own knowledge ....Buddhism concept makes me clear of that , Buddhism is all the answer and question ........
Old 31-07-2013, 09:44 AM
Deactivated Account
yeah it makes no sense to me. But I'm at peace without Buddhist philsophy so I'm looking at it from a different perspective.

I will just use one thing as an example. All suffering is the same. Okay how does someone apply that in there life. I'm a keep it simple type. This isn't simple. If I was to take it litarly I would have to believe there's no difference in life. Weather I'm happy, sad, hungry, and etc. Its a philsophy that requires a lot of thought to get to anything.

While everyone's contemplating all that I have already progressed further in my meditation and such. Simply because I'm spending less time trying to understand what so and so was trying to say. That being said I'm having fun contemplating it right now for fun. So that's cool!
Quote:
Dear Running , you said , I quote " If I was to adopt Buddhist philosophy towards life I would call it all suffering. But not adopting those ideologies I'm seeing life as quite pleasant." Un-quote

To me is the reverse ...I found peace in understanding of Buddhism . Buddhism concept to me is very clear that all suffering is same / equal as joy , and there is no differences of emotions not as in human knowledge . In human knowledge , all emotions were clearly defined and from the defination , we accepted differences .....in Buddhism there is no differences of joy or suffering as both is a reflection of our emotions ..........by understanding / accepting / realizing emotions...as we progress into this path , our emotion will reduced , our joy/suffering will be reduced . Buddhism is understand life , accepting emotion , realizing ownselves not to define life .....

You said " To me someone whom doesn't care for life came up with those ideas. In order for someone to discern anything you have to see contrast. Its why I have eyes to see. Ears to hear. Intuition to sense. I can go on and on. Without the ability to discern there's no point in anything. Tons of people since the beginning of time have grown to very high states of consciousness while still having personality and the ability to discern. Everything has something to sell. To me this is to be sold to those whom perhaps are fed up with life in some way. Its a good pitch. I'm sure there's tons of buyers." un-quote

Is human current culture to distingust , human use knowledge to define , to accept the differences and live in with the differences .........comparison makes human feel alive , knowledge makes human have faith ....human had created own understanding of world ...but the question is perhaps we are looking at something too far , too tiny , too close too large to notice ...perhaps we had confused ourselves with our own knowledge ....Buddhism concept makes me clear of that , Buddhism is all the answer and question ........

Wherever I May Roam
Old 31-07-2013, 10:41 AM
Master
Dear Running , you said I quote " yeah it makes no sense to me. But I'm at peace without Buddhist philsophy so I'm looking at it from a different perspective." Un-quote

I hope you dont mis-understand me , I am not trying to against all you said or to get you to agree with me infact I very much prefer differences as I could learn more . To me Buddhism is never a choice , is not something we could choose or something we could ignor , Buddhism is all . So whether Dalai Lama or Osama both are in own Buddhism towards emptiness same as the dirt on your table ........so you are at peace because of what you have realized on yourself , what you had reduced , emotions that you had decreased , in your own process known to me as Buddhism . I could explain further if you interested for my own learning process

You said , I quote " I will just use one thing as an example. All suffering is the same. Okay how does someone apply that in there life. I'm a keep it simple type. This isn't simple. If I was to take it litarly I would have to believe there's no difference in life. Weather I'm happy, sad, hungry, and etc. Its a philsophy that requires a lot of thought to get to anything. " Un-quote

In my current understanding of Buddhism , all emotions regardless desire / love / joy / sadness / hungry / fear / ego is all a form of pollutant energy that cause our existence ........there is no difference , all is same . Currently we accepted the difference because of our culture / our education / our social information ...but Buddhism is beyond all knowledge or culture . If human trying to descripe Buddhism base on knowledge , Buddhism is something we already know and will be something we wish to know ..........is easy to understand Buddhism concept which include all reason / all answer ........but is a great challenge to accept it . In my current understanding of Buddhism , all being is same and equal and nothing belong to me nor family or "my" body ...so Buddhism is to discover / to understand / to realize and to accept why I have a special love , special emotion for my daughter , my body .......so dear sir , now my atmost love is to my daughter so how could I accept her no different then a piece of dirt on my table ?
So because of my attachement on these emotion , I exist ...and I will continue to exist as long as I have these will , emotions .....

You said , I quote " While everyone's contemplating all that I have already progressed further in my meditation and such. Simply because I'm spending less time trying to understand what so and so was trying to say. That being said I'm having fun contemplating it right now for fun. So that's cool!" un-quote
Buddhism is not answering machine but in realization of the concept of Buddhism , all question answered naturally . So Buddhism is more to discovering your desire to find the answer , your desire to question not so on the answer itself .....the answer is just to fulfill your desire to know , Buddhism is a process that you will free from desire to ask ......
Thks CSEe