Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 02:23 PM
Lisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
What I mean by Truth is the oneness of Beingness, the realization of which is freedom from suffering, the cause of which is the belief in separation, the function of which is identification with the mind/body.

Phroggy- this is so well put. On the nose. Excellent!
Old 06-10-2010, 02:27 PM
Suspended
Master
Hi Guys

I would say regarding suffering that there Is a suffering that an individual Is aware of and there Is a suffering where an Individual Is not.

How does one end suffering when they are not aware that they are?

x daz x

Last edited by God-Like : 06-10-2010 at 02:42 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

Agreed.. Truth is an abstraction of "ISness".. it IS, what it IS.. to label that as 'truth', then to assign it some grand cosmic meaning is just another 'rabbit hole' to get lost in.. Be still, listen to 'being' with your own being.. in the stillness, your mind and its structures are silent, Clarity reveals what 'is'..

Be well..

OK... that seems reassuring somehow. I just think it is such a balanced view.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:36 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
Please elaborate... what was the value of this sufferable delusion? Was there some favourable consequence? If so in what way was it favourable or valued?

Value is a subjective judgment from within the delusion, but the function of seeking is the potential to transcend human consciousness. The nature of dualistic experience is such that the seeker cannot find lasting satisfaction and eventually loses interest in trying and begins to look beyond this process.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:40 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
The Truth is relative to your own perspective. As is the rest of the Universe and everything in it.

Truth (capital 'T') usually refers to absolute Truth, which is not relative truth.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
Phroggy... but the function of seeking is the potential to transcend human consciousness.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh... so whether this is labeled as a good or a bad thing is irrelevant... for me it certainly is an interesting avenue to explore, to say the very least...

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 06-10-2010 at 02:46 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:42 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

The issue, for me, is.. what am i seeking? if it's something i believe i don't have, then i am mistaken.. i find myself 'seeking' stillness, clarity.. i find that 'beliefs' which do not result in stillness and clarity, are burdens.. Seeking stillness and clarity is seeking what you already are, except.. we are usually busying ourselves with beliefs about what we are not..

Be well..

Yes .
Old 06-10-2010, 02:45 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
It's very difficult for me to ascertain what Truth refers to... so I only know of this sence of truth by which one knows he is truthful, but it seems to me 'Truth' is used to describe some absolute position such as God is Truth. The capitalization of the word... to make it a secret thing unlike the sence of truth I described.

I think it's one of those things like 'Love' where a thing which is obvious to everyone is elated to a Godly status and then kinda preached.

So... I reckon what it is is that knowledge that allows truthfulness, and I reckon if I said 'be truthful' everyone would know what that means.

That sounds like a Throng I used to know.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:54 PM
Master
Quote:
Value is a subjective judgment from within the delusion, but the function of seeking is the potential to transcend human consciousness. The nature of dualistic experience is such that the seeker cannot find lasting satisfaction and eventually loses interest in trying and begins to look beyond this process.

I think if one is seeking for what is he will find what isn't true, but it is ridiculous to intently seek what isn't true, so one may go seek up the garden path and find that trail is devoid of the truth, somewhere near its bitter end, because of course the hope was that path led to the truth and it was followed far.

Maybe then another path leads to truth and same.

One of these freaking paths must lead to the truth dammit!

"How many roads must a man walk down" Bob Dylan
Old 06-10-2010, 02:56 PM
Master
Quote:
That sounds like a Throng I used to know.

I'm being accused of that alot lately!