Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Wicca

Old 30-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Occultist

Neither did they but the same people who came to them for help was the same people who was afraid of them. Human nature I guess,
Old 30-11-2011, 07:52 PM
vulkus

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lostgirl
I wouldnt want to be feared :-s
Fear is due to lack of understanding. Even when invited to understand fear becomes the limiting factor.
Fear is useful though.
Old 30-11-2011, 08:14 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Occultist
My great Granny was in a coven so was her mother before her it was a grp of woman who would cast laugh drink divination they were wise and funny and feared and loved at the same time. Coven is just a label.

In Britain, the working group is far more common than the coven. A bunch of solitaries who get together for special occasions.
Old 30-11-2011, 10:33 PM
Occultist

Family is from Ayrshire Scotland.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:45 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chrode
I know but my point is that they craft is not something you can find i a book. It can only be learned in a coven and you have to be 18.

Chrode, where are you getting your information from?

WHY do you have to be 18?

WHY does it have to learned ONLY in a coven?

WHY must I be initiated?

I'd sure like to know because I've been a witch for 44 years now - starting from when I was 15 - have never been in a coven and have never been initiated. I'm both a Wiccan AND a Witch - and I practice the Craft.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:49 PM
LadyMoondancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by norseman
In Britain, the working group is far more common than the coven. A bunch of solitaries who get together for special occasions.

I would have to say that is becoming the norm. There is a website called Meet Up and it's a way for people to "meet up" with others with similar interests. I belong to 3 in my area - one for Witches, one for Pagans (which has a lot of members belonging to both groups) and for one studying Paranormal Activity. Both the Pagan and the Witch group meet up to do rituals, study, or even go out for coffee. The Paranormal group meets to discuss ghost hunting and stay for a nice investigation at one of Buffalo's most haunted sites - Iron Island Museum, which was featured on tv's Ghost Hunters a few years back.
Old 01-12-2011, 01:57 PM
Medium_Laura

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyMoondancer
Chrode, where are you getting your information from?

WHY do you have to be 18?

WHY does it have to learned ONLY in a coven?

WHY must I be initiated?

I'd sure like to know because I've been a witch for 44 years now - starting from when I was 15 - have never been in a coven and have never been initiated. I'm both a Wiccan AND a Witch - and I practice the Craft.

I'm with you! A witch/Wiccan for over 30 years now.. Never been in a coven either. :)
Old 01-12-2011, 02:53 PM
Occultist

Some covens not all require you to go through a ritual known as the "Great Rite" do to the sexual nature of this practise the covens who use it usually require you to be 18yrs of age or older.
Old 01-12-2011, 03:04 PM
Master
I think that ritual sex is not a feature of Wicca in the UK - in fact it was one of the reasons for the demise of covens here. But the BIG reason was dictatorial HP/HPS's. Far too much abuse in covens ! Besides which, giving titles is just plain damn silly !
Old 01-12-2011, 04:24 PM
LadyMoondancer

well my other big question is -

if ONLY a witch can initiate another witch - WHO intitiated the first witch?

either Chrode needs to stop quoting Gardner as if Gardner is a god, or stop contradicting himself. Because if Chrode is trying to follow Gardner to the letter, via his books, then say you can't learn witchcraft from a book - I think Chrode needs to figure out what he's trying to say here.

I've got my suspicions.