Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 18-10-2011, 05:04 AM
mattie

Different Things Useful For Different People

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickiel
You know I have noticed a lot of " Indian culture" and mysticism mixed in with the spiritual views of some here. Using terms like Yesh and Yesh Mi Ain and teachings from Indian mystics; such things hold no intrest to me. I place no value in the mixing of knowledges in spiritual matters, it all leads further into the seduction of the human consciousness.

That these areas aren't of interest to you doesn't mean they aren't equally as spirital or as useful to others as the things you choose to pay attention to.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:20 AM
mattie

Valid Points

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Greetings..

You are speculating.. You say you don't believe in the Judeo-Christian God, but you recite works attributed to its 'divine inspiration', and you use those citations to appear to support your own speculations.. and yes, you have spoken on God's behalf, you said: "He wanted humans to interfere with it", as if you have knowledge not available to others, but.. you cannot produce any scripture where the 'inspired word of God' says it wants humans to interfere with it.. you are trying to apply crippled logic, to imply something never revealed, 'God' never inspired scripture that implies that it wanted humans to interfere with the divinely inspired scripture.. that is your attempt to speak on behalf of 'God'.. at least be honest with yourself.

Be well..

Spot On.........
Old 18-10-2011, 05:24 AM
mattie

Curious Disclaimer From One Who Quotes Bible Verses

Quote:
I do not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs, ... I need only one version of God, my own.

You're sure slinging allot of scripture to supposedly 'not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs.'

If you 'do not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs' & have your own 'version of God' perhaps it would be useful for other for you to describe what this is.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:30 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Your reply-

Again it is you who are choosing to misstating things. I'm not at all putting words in your mouth by stating you view God w/ a gender. This is very curious given how many times you refer to God as a male.

I’m accurate in your referring to God as a gender as your below quotes show. In just the original post you refer to God as ‘him’ or ‘he‘ 10 times. This is absolutely attributing a gender to God. Is there a reason why you feel calling God he/him doesn't mean he is a male?

OP

10-12-11, 4:28pm

I use " He and Him", because the bible uses it. I have my views as to why the bible does that, but I sense that your not interested in the bible, only in making me look faulty.

Listen; if your trying to find fault in me, simply ask, and I'll give you a list of my faults.

Save yourself the trouble; I have plenty of faults.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:31 AM
mattie

Many Have Moved Past The Need To Suffer

Quote:
... I like the bibles God personally, he explains the suffering best to me. I like his wisdom, and hold no need for religion and mediums and movements of men.

I am exploring him, because I do not yet know him. But I suffer and I wanted to know why. The whole world suffers and I wanted to know why. And I have seen some good answers in the bible, without having to go to some person or represenitive to guide me. I can walk through it myself.

You state about God that you ‘do not yet know him’ yet choose to speak very authoritatively about what God’s words mean. By your own words this would seem rather premature.

BTW, 4 gender references (he/his) in this quote.

It if often useful to explore why one feels suffering, or has the need to feel it as well as see the world as suffering. Not everyone feels this. Many have moved past this.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:33 AM
Master
Quote:
You're sure slinging allot of scripture to supposedly 'not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs.'

If you 'do not believe in Judeo- christian beliefs' & have your own 'version of God' perhaps it would be useful for other for you to describe what this is.

I am not trying to "make things useful to others", and I hold no intrest in explaining my view of God being some kind of " Version." I simply think what I think, and thats all it is to it.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:36 AM
Master
Quote:
You state about God that you ‘do not yet know him’ yet choose to speak very authoritatively about what God’s words mean. By your own words this would seem rather premature.

BTW, 4 gender references (he/his) in this quote.

It could be useful to explore why you feel you’re suffering, or have the need to & see the world as suffering. Not everyone feels this. Many have moved past this.

I hold no intrest in your advice, nor have I asked for it.

And I don't need it.

But I thank you for your concern.
Old 18-10-2011, 05:55 AM
mattie

Curious Attempt To Try To Make Questions Seem To Be A Personal Attack

Quote:
I use " He and Him", because the bible uses it.

It is fairly obvious that you use the male pronouns because this is how God is referred to in the Bible. Is there some scripture you can produce that shows where he/him is not referring to a male? Otherwise, we can assume that you consider God to be a male if you refer to this energy as he/him.

The issue is that you CHOSE to levy the charge against me that I distorted your statement, claiming that I ‘seem to have a tendency to put words into peoples mouths.’ You can view God as a male, but it is libelous that I ‘seem to have a tendency to put words into peoples mouths’ as I’ve only stated what you’ve said countless times (he/him), not distorting your position. Instead of addressing the issue of how you see God when I’ve pointed out that you see God as a gender (male) you toss out an unwarranted statement to try to make it seem that I routinely distort people’s words.

As I’ve shown, I most certainly didn’t twist what you said about God having a gender. You’ve chosen to use a very ugly little tactic (libel) against me when I’m trying to get you to discuss what your views about God are as you speak about them sooooooo authoritatively. Whether this is your way to distract others from the inconsistencies of what you’ve said by making this type of unwarranted charge against others or whether you are mad about someone pointing out this inconsistency I don’t know, but it’s there in the black & white.

Referenced quote:
Quote:
God is not human and has no gender, and I have never stated that. Again, thats comming from your mouth; you seem to have a tendency to put words into peoples mouths.

Quote:
I have my views as to why the bible does that, but I sense that your not interested in the bible, only in making me look faulty.

Listen; if your trying to find fault in me, simply ask, and I'll give you a list of my faults.
Save yourself the trouble; I have plenty of faults.

You seem to be very invested in making this a personal issue. It isn’t.
This seems to be a distraction tactic to make this into a personal issue about your faults instead of addressing why you call God him/he, yet deny that God ‘has no gender.’

BTW, you can add unwarranted reactionary libelous charges to that list.
Old 18-10-2011, 06:05 AM
mattie

Questions Still Unanswered

Quote:
I hold no intrest in your advice, nor have I asked for it.
And I don't need it.
But I thank you for your concern.

It wasn’t personal concern as your journey is your issue, but comments related to exploring suffering.

Again, you refuse to address questions.
Old 18-10-2011, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
It wasn’t personal concern as your journey is your issue, but comments related to exploring suffering.

Again, you refuse to address questions.

Well I am at work and don't have my sword; excuse me, my bible. But God is obviously a Spirit, and so are all other beings that are in Heaven; the bible states there are no males or females in heaven. So why does the bible refer to God in masculine terms? Well I think its a " Communication thing that God did " For humans." And I am speculating here, giving my opinion; The bible uses symbols and " Simile", parables and poems, which at times are used to convey a visable picture to humans, to help us understand.

I think God would rather that humans view him as a Father, rather than a Mother, mainly because he gave humanity a family life and placed males over that family. And he is over the human family. But God has displayed both male and female tendencys, although he is not human. In example, God " Gave birth to Jesus", a definte female tendency.

Anyhow, I'll give some scriptures later to show these things.