Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 21-06-2011, 01:43 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I am anything but a fundamentalist It would be good to have a chat occasionally about Christianity withought people interjecting and saying all Christians ate intolerant and closed minded. Have you ever seen me rubbish someone else's faith system. I have never told say a pagan or Buddhist what they believe is rubbish and completely flawed because it's disrespectful

And for that reason and so many more...........I think you are awesome......

James
Old 21-06-2011, 01:47 PM
Rivendoah

The answer was the same at the beginning of this topic as it is now... there simply is no proof... you can believe in the words of the bible... believe in the words taught to you by others... you can have a feeling in your heart... a vision in your dreams or even with your waking eyes... but in the end the answer is still the same..,

Belief in jesus is a matter of faith... a matter of belief... not fact... not history.... not undeniable truth...

I think the reason this is so hard to accept by some is that it begins to call into question all the assumptions they have made about Christianity being the only path to heaven... that is what I believe...
Old 21-06-2011, 01:54 PM
Ascender
Quote:
Originally Posted by lightworkerAu
I am anything but a fundamentalist It would be good to have a chat occasionally about Christianity withought people interjecting and saying all Christians are intolerant and closed minded. Have you ever seen me rubbish someone else's faith system. I have never told say a pagan or Buddhist what they believe is rubbish and completely flawed because it's disrespectful

Nope, never seen you do that. However, I've seen several other fundamentalists do that to all other beliefs and I think you unfortunately get caught up in that web. Once the t!t-for-tat starts and it's hard to stop.

I think it'll take tolerance for all involved and some days that just seems in short supply.
Old 21-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
One undeniable truth-
I watched a documentary about it and got encouraged and started a thread that got everyone arguing. There's no peace and love in that- sorry! No more controversial threads for me. It don't spread much happiness.
Old 21-06-2011, 01:57 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
The answer was the same at the beginning of this topic as it is now... there simply is no proof... you can believe in the words of the bible... believe in the words taught to you by others... you can have a feeling in your heart... a vision in your dreams or even with your waking eyes... but in the end the answer is still the same..,

Belief in jesus is a matter of faith... a matter of belief... not fact... not history.... not undeniable truth...

I think the reason this is so hard to accept by some is that it begins to call into question all the assumptions they have made about Christianity being the only path to heaven... that is what I believe...

I tend to disagree. Proof comes in many forms and it doesn't have to be shared.
For me there is no doubt that he existed...... emotionally and logically and intellectually. In the same manner that I recognize that I have MY truth, I also have MY proof.
I understand that this thread is not about that, (maybe it should be...lol), but I wanted to express this anyways.
Blessings, James
Old 21-06-2011, 02:00 PM
Bluegreen

Quote:
Originally Posted by LisaLisa
Word games, semantics. Don't have time for that, it's being petty.
To dismiss it as word games, which it is not, is an easy way to avoid having to admit that what Mind's Eye said is correct.

You do what you accuse others of doing yet consider yourself to be right.

This is all I am going to say because it is off topic.
Old 21-06-2011, 02:13 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time
If he didnt exsist, there would be no evidence........

IF he did exsist, there would be more then enough evidence, due to his reputaion.

Right! And the Bible and other ancient writings prove it. Case closed.
Old 21-06-2011, 02:14 PM
Rivendoah

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
I tend to disagree. Proof comes in many forms and it doesn't have to be shared.
For me there is no doubt that he existed...... emotionally and logically and intellectually. In the same manner that I recognize that I have MY truth, I also have MY proof.
I understand that this thread is not about that, (maybe it should be...lol), but I wanted to express this anyways.
Blessings, James

I have no problem with people having their own internal proof... their own feeling of assuredness... a strong faith... I too believe in jesus... but I also see the difference between 'my truth' and 'the truth of others'... I will never say that my truth is right and others truth is wrong...never believe that my truth supersedes anyone else's... however, if someone tells me my faith is wrong and theirs is the only real faith... well. I will question and argue that all day long and that is not intolerance... that is called open discussion!

I believe it is possible for each of us to have our own truth and still allow others to have theirs even if they are different... what I am objecting to about how some in the christian faith who try to make jesus and the bible a sort of fact based history is because they then take it a step too far and say the what they believe is right and everyone else is wrong... this is the problem I keep trying to point out...
Old 21-06-2011, 02:15 PM
LisaLisa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bluegreen
To dismiss it as word games, which it is not, is an easy way to avoid having to admit that what Mind's Eye said is correct.

You do what you accuse others of doing yet consider yourself to be right.

This is all I am going to say because it is off topic.

Sorry, I don't agree. But, I"m going to leave it at that because I"m just not interested in arguing with anyone here anymore. It's a waste of energy and time and it doesn't accomplish anything.

I said my view and I'll just leave it at that.
Old 21-06-2011, 02:24 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rivendoah
I have no problem with people having their own internal proof... their own feeling of assuredness... a strong faith... I too believe in jesus... but I also see the difference between 'my truth' and the truth of others... I will never say that my truth is right and others is wrong...never believe that my truth supersedes anyone else s...

I believe it is possible to our you own truth and still allow others to have theirs even if they are different... what i am objection to about how some in the christians faith try to make jesus and the bible a sort of fact based history is because they then take it a step too far and say the what they believe is right and everyone else is wrong... this is the problem i keep trying to point out...

I agree Rivendoah.......
In my travels it became very apparent to me just how convinced we can become of our beliefs. Some examples are:
1. Buddhists lighting themselves on fire.
2. Terriost strapping themselves with explosives or flying planes into buildings.
3. Religious people ignoring their own families to follow what they believe is their purpose.
4. Preaching

Doesn't this say something to everybody. It says to me that we can THINK we are soooooo right and be sooooooo WRONG! (I've been there)

The list goes on and in all honesty, as much as I also don't have any issues with the beliefs others have.........some things are just plain wrong.
Preaching ones personal truth as if it is THE truth is the worst and possibly the energy behind all of these monstrosities IMO.
Shoot me memebers if I am off the thread track but hey, it's a forum and this happens.........
Blessings, James