Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Old 14-06-2011, 03:03 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WhiteShaman
So if you have to concentrate on it, doesn't that suggest that you can be creating it?
How wonderful it is, is not relevant because we could be creating that to.
Now if it happened spontaneously, that would be cool and if it stayed, that would be cool too.
Let me ask you this............seeing this light has changed your life and the lives of others how?
Why should one pursue it? Just to experience it? Where does it lead?
Exciting is a good thing......don't get me wrong but holding a baby is probably equally exciting, if not more, and something I can relate to.
I'm just curious.....James
I'm thinking you should stick with holding a baby for now.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-06-2011, 03:15 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

that is a pretty direct way of seeing the Light too~!
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 14-06-2011, 05:03 AM
Master
I read a bit and was taken by the sayings of you can't see it but you feel it... but as it happened to me it was very clear to see, and it simply followed the cheezy paradigm and 'shone from above'. You can really feel it like pure energy too. It's not an imaginary game.
Old 14-06-2011, 06:25 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I read a bit and was taken by the sayings of you can't see it but you feel it... but as it happened to me it was very clear to see, and it simply followed the cheezy paradigm and 'shone from above'. You can really feel it like pure energy too. It's not an imaginary game.
and THAT is the bit that it is impossible to transmit through a story, it has to be experienced.
"Not Christian or Jew or Muslim, not Hindu, Buddhist, Sufi, or Zen. Not any religion or cultural system. I am not from the East or the West, not out of the ocean or up from the ground, not natural or ethereal, not composed of elements at all... I belong to the Beloved, have seen the two worlds as one and that one call to and know, first, last, outer, inner, only that breath breathing human being."
Rumi
Old 14-06-2011, 08:10 AM
astroboy

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by moke64916
Sometimes the best response is no response. It's a waste of valuable energy and takes you further away from the original point you were trying to make in the first place. Humility.

Humility has the strongest light because when you dim your own (ego) light, the True Light shines forth. Humility is powerful. Humility outshines everything.
Old 14-06-2011, 10:21 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by astroboy
Humility has the strongest light because when you dim your own (ego) light, the True Light shines forth. Humility is powerful. Humility outshines everything.

Very true. It's my humility which makes me so absolutely awesome.
Old 14-06-2011, 11:53 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by SerpentQueen
In my case, I did not have to concentrate or meditate or anything. In fact, I was not religious -or- spiritual when this happened to me. I did not invite it nor did I pursue it or seek it either. It happened completely spontaneously, and it stayed as a constant presence for 3 months.

I described it on one of the earlier pages in this thread: not an aura. More like rays, coming out of people (holes = holy). White light, not colored. Some had more rays than others. Some were practically all light. The light had a feeling/texture - pure love and bliss.

And then it was like the door slammed shut and I stopped seeing it. But, I can sense it - as someone here says. I can feel it. And sometimes I can see a glimmer of it, usually around a person's eyes.

For years and years I convinced myself it was a byproduct of malfunctioning brain chemistry, and maybe that's all it was. Or not. Did it change my life? Absolutely.

This thread reminds me that awhile back ago I was at a concert, and I saw something wild: several rows in front of me, a swirl of multicolor light suddenly started emanating from the top of some person's head - about 5 feet tall? It is kind of like the chakra illustrations - the ones that show additional chakras above the crown chakra. I watched the swirling lights for the duration of the song, then they disappeared. Now THAT was very different!! And it was different than what I saw years ago. Unfortunately that was just a one-time thing.

Thank you for sharing that SerpentQueen.........
James
Old 14-06-2011, 11:56 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn

Yeah, I guess I'll 'just' stick to that until I'm ready to see the light........geeezz!
Old 14-06-2011, 01:39 PM
moke64916

To Xan:

Yes it can come in any shape form. Seeing, feeling, etc. But all the masters will say it's all about feeling your essence inside. When it comes to you in ways of seeing that's great. But still that is the mind trying to make something out of No-thing. Which means your not in no-mind. The mind cannot make something out of being. If it does your mind is interfering with your meditation. Eventually you want to get to the point where you see nothing. Just feeling. The mind cannot grasp being. It just can't. And when you start seeing light your brain is trying to make some-thing out of being. Which cannot be. As said by spiritual master Eckhart Tolle. Dont think about meditating feel it. Heres two examples.
Space has no "existance." "to exist" literally means to " stand out." Your mind cannot understand space because it doesnt stand out. Although in itself it has no existance, it enables everthing else t exist. Silence as no existance either. Nor does your unmanifested self. So what happens when you withdraw attention from objects in space and become aware of space itself? "What is the essence of this room? The furniture, pictures, and so on are IN the room, but they are not the room. He floors, walls, and cilings define the boundary of the room, but they are not the room either. So what is he essance of jkthe room? Space, of cource, emoty space. There would be no "room" without it. Simply space itself. Since space is "nothing" we can sa that what is NOT there is more important than what is there. So become aware of the space around you. Don't THINK bout it, FEEL it. Feel it s it were. Pay attention to "nothing."
And that nothing, that emptiness is meditation. Meditation is about finding your unmanifested self. The mind cnnot grasp it. So in other words. You cannot see it in forms of light. Because you would be making some-thing out of no-thing. If you think of space, how does your mind think of it. Does it see stars and emptiness in between? The mind cannot make something out of space(emptiness). If your meditating on seeing your still in the beginning stages. in a pure state of being you cannot think. Nothing could BE without space, yet space is nothing. Before the universe became into being, before the "big bang". If you like, there wasn't a vast emptiness space waiting to be filled. There was no space, and there was no thing. There was only the unmanifested self-the one. Meditation is about being unmanifested. The stillness and vastness that enables the universe to BE, not just out there in space, but also within you. But it's good that you can see light like the buddhist say, "if there were no illusions, there would be no enlightenment. It is through the world and ultimately through YOU that the unmanifested knows itself. You are here and enables the divine purpose of the univers to unfold. That is how important you are.". Do you get my point about feeling it rather than seeing it? You cannot see the unmanifested self. You can only feel it.
Old 15-06-2011, 03:22 AM
Master
Yes, and this is my experience... the subtle feeling of unboundaried beingness.

And, nothing is excluded... seeing light and hearing inner sounds, experiencing joy and profound love.

As I remain simply open within grace brings to me what I could not imagine.

Xan