Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 01-08-2023, 12:49 PM
Stay on topic please...use the Lounge or other places to joke around. Thanks. :)
PS That was very time consuming deleting 20 posts!!
Please don't keep adding and adding to off topic joking around.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 01-08-2023, 08:11 PM
Master

I thought of a new way to say what I view the soul as: "That which experiences." The one that has experiences.
That maybe is more clear or more narrowed down than saying "I am the soul."

The soul (or me) I think is the only thing in us that has experiences. And of course I think having experiences will continue when our bodies stop working and we leave them.
Old 02-08-2023, 12:01 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
The soul (or me) I think is the only thing in us that has experiences. And of course I think having experiences will continue when our bodies stop working and we leave them.
Maisy,

This is a difficult challenge for our reasoning. Most of us reason that our 5 senses are instrumental in perceiving our experiences. With death these aids are no longer available. We want to believe and think somehow…some way……
Old 02-08-2023, 02:51 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
And yet Jesus himself stated that Scripture should not be altered....
You only have to look at 'The Apocrypha' which was a part of the KJV for 274 years until being removed in 1885, one example amongst many regarding so called 'corrections'....
'The Apocrypha' was removed way before 1885. It was done not as a 'correction' but as a cost factor. Because of that, more people could afford a Bible.

Some people seem to have a difficulty reading the Old Testament let alone 'The Apocrypha'. One book that is considered to be part of 'The Apocrypha' is The Didache which some have read and enjoy. But I suspect for the vast number of people, that book is unknown.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-08-2023, 03:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
So if the Catholics and Protestants translated it incorrectly who was the Denomination to have 'corrected' it correctly?
In a way, that is a rhetorical question.

If you look at the Westcott and Hort’s 1881 Critical Text, it is almost identical to the Nestle-Aland Greek New Testament which has numerous revisions. Even the famous Textus Receptus is virtually identical. These texts, along with other texts, are used to come up with the various translations. The texts used, are almost identical, but generally get rendered as mentioned sometimes in the preface, by what the translator believes in.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 02-08-2023, 06:10 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
'The Apocrypha' was removed way before 1885.
I'm referring to the KJB John. The Link below may help....

https://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Apocrypha-Books/
Old 02-08-2023, 06:18 AM
Master
Quote:
In a way, that is a rhetorical question.
It was asked as a reply to Keiw1 stating that 99% of Christian Religions are 'false'... which obviously means only 1 as being genuine according to their mindset.
Old 02-08-2023, 06:31 AM
Master
and if you looked at what I wrote, the various texts that are used for translating, they are about 99% (give or take) the same. The difference is created by the translator of those texts to the various source languages, which in our case is English.

Old 02-08-2023, 06:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy

If the 'Soul' dies would you still have experiences though ?
Old 02-08-2023, 06:38 AM
Master
Quote:
and if you looked at what I wrote, the various texts that are used for translating, they are about 99% (give or take) the same.
The difference is created by the translator of those texts to the various source languages, which in our case is English.
I'm referring to the statement regarding the 99% of Christian Religions being false, which is the 'One' genuine Christian Denomination....