Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Non Duality

Old 27-02-2023, 05:54 PM
Knower

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ewwerrin
How do I stabilize that part of my consciousness that is not body, not mind, but nothingness. I also had acces to pure awareness of pure awareness from there, which was profoundly blissful. But that was even more difficult, because my state of nothingness was not stable. I want to stabilize the state of no thought, unknowing, of empty spacious nothingness that I experienced to be the container of all thoughts, imaginary and physical bodily sensations. How do I get there? Anyone know how?

Any help is appreciated Thanks.
Sri Nisargadatta Mararaj's method to stabilize what he calls pure consciousness or the Absolute was to abide only in the seed-of-self thought 'I AM'; eventually the sense of self or being is absorbed/disappears. If you haven't read any of his teachings and believe they might help, here is a pdf link to "Consciousness and the Absolute": https://www.holybooks.com/wp-content...ta-Maharaj.pdf
Old 27-02-2023, 06:21 PM
Knower

Quote:
now my goal. Just a way to realise pure awareness. but my experience is like you, a lot of things show up in that nothingness. So maybe its not possible. In which case, I am out of here aswell.
I read your answer to Miss Hepburn after I posted my latest post to you about abiding in the thought 'I AM' and please do not be discouraged, it is absolutely possible to stop the projection of conditioned consciousness, but doing so presumes that the one who desires to do so has accepted the truth that the self, being made of conditioned thought, is not real. The radical simplicity of abiding in 'I AM' as the primary concept is not for everyone (the ego loves its stories about the paths to enlightenment) but since you have 'experienced' nothingness and are not fearful of its silence of concepts, going right to the source of belief in duality might be the way to go for you.

From a talk by Sir Nasaragatta Maharaj, parenthesis mine:

"I Am is the primal concept. This primary concept is the knowledge of "I AM." It is the mother of all other concepts. When this concept is there, then so many other concepts also appear. Now, whatever religions (spiritual notions) there are, they are only full of concepts. Somebody likes a particular concept and passes it on to his disciples, and he gets a following. But with that, they cannot get eternal peace or satisfaction. In order to get that satisfaction, you must find the source of this primary concept "I AM". And once you know that, you can transcend it. Then you do not have anything to tell the world, because the world wants only fragmentary modifications. They want activities. So this knowledge will remain only with you. And there will not be many customers for it."

This simple but radical word medicine transcends belief in duality, but only if you take the red pill.
Old 28-02-2023, 11:31 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maisy
What is duality to you? I'm never sure what persons are talking about when they use that word. What is duality and what is non-duality? An experience? A thing? Any examples of what these words mean or are to you?
Duality=vibrationality=relativity=polarity=illusio n
hot cold, up down, before after, suffering relief.
even neutrality and polarity is a duality.
I have yet to find something that is truely nondual.

I found existence, being, to be the highest nondual candidate. but when I found out it also has a duality of being and becoming. All my hopes to find something real collapsed.
Old 28-02-2023, 11:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by movingalways
Sri Nisargadatta Mararaj's....
.... datta-Maharaj.pdf[/url]
Thanks, thats my problem tho. I cannot find the I am. I cannot find the "I" in am. The am is in a state of being AND becoming. A duality and very elusive. But since it constantly changes, I cannot find the place where I is. Or whatever it is suppose to be.
Old 28-02-2023, 11:38 AM
Master
Quote:
I read your answer to...
... in duality, but only if you take the red pill.
I did go to the source of I am a long time ago and found it to be just another duality but beyond this time and space. There is absolutely no customer for such hopelessness. To realise that even existence is a duality of being and becoming. What is there left to seek? Everything is forever fake and I'm stuck in everything forever. No way to return back to source, as it's an infinite duality with no beginning and no end. its terrifying.
Old 28-02-2023, 02:12 PM
Pathfinder

Quote:
Thanks, I heard this before. I am the whole universe. everything. I just don't know how to experience it.
I am not a votary of unconditional love. This is an illusory world. It has its demands beyond love too.
And in non-duality, there is neither love nor hate.
Non-duality is not something to be experienced. How can you experience something that does not exist in the this illusory world?
However, it can be understood. It is something to be realized.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-02-2023 at 05:56 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 28-02-2023, 03:30 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aupmanyav
I am not a votary of unconditional love. This is an illusory world. It has its demands beyond love too.
Thanks, nonduality is indeed logical that it should exist. To be realised. I also cannot experience it.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-02-2023 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 28-02-2023, 04:27 PM
Knower

Quote:
I did go to the source of I am a long time ago and found it to be just another duality but beyond this time and space. There is absolutely no customer for such hopelessness. To realise that even existence is a duality of being and becoming.
After hundreds of posts pleading to be released from the prison of the duality concept, still you are unable to stop analyzing that which cannot be analyzed, still you do not realize that concepts are ultimately meaningless. Your ego desperately wants a concept to mean something so it can continue projecting images and words to uphold the granddaddy of all nothingness concepts -- the I AM or the self. Evidence that you are doing this is your use of words as if they are true, words such as 'time and space', 'duality', 'hopelessness', 'being', 'becoming', 'forever', 'fake', 'stuck', 'return', 'infinite', 'beginning' or 'ending'. Your statement to Aupmanyav: "Thanks, nonduality is indeed logical that it should exist. To be realised. I also cannot experience it" reveals to me that you do not yet KNOW that concepts do not exist.

Either you are ready to drop your belief that concepts exist or you are not. If you are not, then you will continue to suffer your terror. If you are, you will suffer your terror at first, then gradually, your terror will lift and be replaced with a deep peace. I've mentioned teachings available to help ease you into ego/I AM absorption, all you have to do is find them and stay with them, but given your determination to continue believing that the concept 'duality' exists, I doubt that you have done so.

Last edited by Miss Hepburn : 28-02-2023 at 05:53 PM. Reason: Shortened quote as Admin has asked to 2-3 sentences
Old 28-02-2023, 05:55 PM
Notice:

Ok, any posts that have more than 3 sentences quoted will have to be deleted, period.
All of you know this...yet don't do it. I don't get it.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 28-02-2023, 07:55 PM
Master
Quote:
After hundreds of...
...you have done so.
Thanks, I never looked at duality as a concept. It is true in a sense. Every wording of it is not it. Just like nonduality cannot be put into words. Duality can actually also not be put into words. You are right. Perhaps I am looking for the conceptless.

Maybe the conceptless is indeed what is the most real. Simply THIS... without concept.

It sounds right but I find it also confusing. I don't know what to do with it. Maybe I don't have to do anything with it.

Are you asking me to be silent perhaps?
It is right if that is the case. I do kinda talk too much when it comes to this subject.

But thanks for the conceptless suggestion. I take it to heart.