Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 20-02-2023, 08:34 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Catsquotl
I love this. Especially because in the end the noble 8 fold path has to be abandoned including it's views.
Until that time though it's the path including it's views that seems to get the most credit for delivering what it preaches.
Yes, we use Medicine until we are cured then it's no longer needed
Old 20-02-2023, 09:04 AM
Master

Seeker I like your comments and I feel you have very interesting points of view that are well worth considering.

Why not agree to disagree with others and keep posting!
Old 20-02-2023, 09:33 AM
Master
I’m ok with posting if anyone wants a discussion. The stance on not posting was bcoz Gem felt I was being offensive, whereas it’s nothing of that sort.
Old 20-02-2023, 10:04 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
I’m ok with posting if anyone wants a discussion. The stance on not posting was bcoz Gem felt I was being offensive, whereas it’s nothing of that sort.

Great
Can we discuss my previous Post 92 please, anyone....

[Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ Gem ~ no negative allusions are implied, am way past that, dear Gem, as you should be too. As a suggestion, even if negativity presents itself, what of it? An equanimous soul is unaffected, compassionate even, towards the detractor.]

Actually there's a valuable lesson here, why do some see 'Negative Allusions' present when other's don't. Equinimity is obviously the cure but what's the cause.......
Old 20-02-2023, 11:43 AM
Master
@ sky ~ in the human experience, it’s alright to react. I recall I was given to sudden rage if someone cut across my car when I was driving (quite common in India) or feel anxious if some material goal did not get fulfilled. Now it’s a rarity but that’s not to say it can’t happen. Earth life tests again and again, relentlessly. That’s what we signed up for.

The process of shifting to equanimity does not mean we are always tranquil. The Gunas *(* Satva - illumination, purity; Rajas - action, desire and Tamas - inertia, stupor) interplay.

If we can hold our attention as our higher self looking at mind-body form, then obviously we will be equanimous. But attention oscillates. It’s alright. Why so serious? Like a circus clown, we should enjoy laughing at ourself.
Old 20-02-2023, 11:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustBe
I settle into it all calmly and mindfully.
People don't know how complex my brain is, but I have a big picture up there which comes in 240p resolution all the way up to 4K. The plan is just to cover the teaching verse by verse as it is in the Canon, with a bit of narrative about the intellectual understanding - that's in 240p - and after that's done, revisit it on a more nuanced level. The first iteration can be understood intellectually, it fits together, adds up and makes sense philosophically. The second iteration will only be understandable by how you see in it yourself, which is bit more intense because you have to experience it to know what in blazes is going on in the thread. Next round is RL. It's not easy to have all that structured in my head and staying orderly enough to lay it all out without jumping the gun or missing a beat.

It needs continuity, but the continuity is difficult because by the time I get to the next section the previous sections will have disappeared behind us over that distant horizon. It probably won't matter much since I plan to 'go around again' anyway, albeit on a more insightful level.

That's not how a forum is supposed to work. It's too complex and involved, and maybe it's a pie in the sky, but I don't want to be 'I can typing'; I want to do the complicated thing and bring quality and value. People will recognise the intricacy of what I did so far, so I think it will build in energy and attraction, and be well primed by the time I 'start again' from the real-life perspective.

I'll be back eventually to cover the next section: Arising of Suffering. Give it a week maybe...
Old 20-02-2023, 12:42 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Unseeking Seeker
@ sky ~ in the human experience, it’s alright to react.
Of course it is and we all react differently, I am most tranquil when I practise equinimity. Of course there's time's when I take things seriously but that depends on circumstances that arise, I can't always laugh at the sky

"When you realize how perfect everything is you will tilt your head back and laugh at the sky"
The Buddha
Old 20-02-2023, 02:13 PM
Master

Re Seeker

Seeker: Look forward to your posts.
Old 20-02-2023, 11:01 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
People don't know how complex my brain is, but I have a big picture up there which comes in 240p resolution all the way up to 4K. The plan
I'll be back eventually to cover the next section: Arising of Suffering. Give it a week maybe...
I know you’ve got a big brain and most times you can’t portray the totality of that big picture anyhow, of you and the information your sharing. I think that’s why observation is really important both as the one creating the topic and the one responding to it and not knowing exactly what picture you (as the thread creator) have in mind. There is much to consider within the whole complexity but my experience says even if your not aware of the bigger picture (aka yourself as that) you can still grow and build through the process as thjngs unfold, but as you’ve always noted, that requires noticing, focus and mindfulness. Observing from within what moves in you, what is activated in you to share.

Makes me ponder the question.

Are some people (at times) unaware they are reacting? How do you attune to ‘know’..?Those deeper more subtle layers can be tricky. They want to divert, make right, react emotionally, project at you, protect others, feel sorry for others.. so many pesky little and not so little layers. Some of those behaviours more aligned to ‘goodness or care’ can detract from what roots you hold abiding in this way. All of these things while attachments (to something in you deeper) giving rise to behaviours not aligned to the true self can’t fully realize the fullness of one’s own liberation ..

Im guessing my question, will most likely, be covered in your next topic.
Old 21-02-2023, 05:17 AM
Master
It was hard work stringing this together and I took pride in doing it. I was trying to make it great and had bigger plans to bring something next-level. I feel like I lost something and it's not even my baby to name, so it might be best if I discontinue right here.