Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 19-01-2024, 07:08 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Sky,

There is always the possibility of original thought……especially if the Spirit is the source of inspiration. It can be original (the same observation) to more than one author.

There is nothing new under the sun
Old 19-01-2024, 07:10 PM
RE how to place a quote in a box

Quote:
Originally Posted by eezi-ulgen
@Miss Hepburn
Is your post #69 directed at my post #66?
No...notice post 98, missing only a [...MANY people have no idea
how to place quotes in a box...sorry, sky...but your post was RIGHT THERE as a good example...don't be mad at me.
It's not a terrible thing ...but at times can be confusing making a 2nd read necessary.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 19-01-2024, 07:16 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
There is the possibility.
But then, does not the Bible contain such jewels?
From my point of view, the unique way the Bible was written, allows for such.

There are Jewels to be found everwhere, the problems is sometimes we don't see what's in front of our eyes....
Old 19-01-2024, 09:33 PM
Master
What I found unique in the Bible is how it was written.

I suspect many believe that the Bible was written in a way that you had to 'swallow it' or else but after examining the Bible in greater detail, I find it to be the opposite.

Take for example the creation accounts: we have 2 versions.
The flood account: we have 2 versions.

Then we get to the New testament: we have 4 gospel accounts.

It appears Jews never got in trouble in promoting one creation account over the other. The same goes for those who were followers of Jesus.

The new Testament was canonized considerably later after Jesus' death. According to some, the Old Testament got canonized even later.

Later, it appears, people in the 'Christian Church, were told what they could read and what they could believe, etc..

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Last edited by BigJohn : 20-01-2024 at 04:31 AM.
Old 20-01-2024, 12:26 AM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky
There are Jewels to be found everwhere, the problems is sometimes we don't see what's in front of our eyes....

try 'sometimes we don't want to see what's right in front of our eyes'
Old 20-01-2024, 02:39 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky

Matthew 13:10-16 pretty much covers this…….explaining that parables are understood by only a few and are intended to remain as secrets. IMO it is even a mistake to share an interpretation with any expectation or hope that it will impact others…..it simply does not work that way….
Old 20-01-2024, 03:52 PM
Master

Molearner…..if parables are understood by only a few and are intended to remain as secrets, then why put them in the Bible in the first place?

I mean, what’s the point in writing something that they know nobody will understand and at the same time, want it to remain secret. Seems pretty pointless to me tbh.
Old 20-01-2024, 04:19 PM
Master
Maybe..... the same reason there are two distinct accounts of creation.

It seems that many seem to recognize and point fingers at the philosophies of the second creation account while it appears that in reality, they gravitate to some of the philosophies of those that provided the first creation account.

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 20-01-2024, 04:39 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Redchic12
Molearner…..if parables are understood by only a few and are intended to remain as secrets, then why put them in the Bible in the first place?

I mean, what’s the point in writing something that they know nobody will understand and at the same time, want it to remain secret. Seems pretty pointless to me tbh.

It is hard to understand for a generation that believes in entitlement….in other words believing that anything of value should be given to all…..the spiritual life, in particular, is premised on sacrificing a part of your life to possess a new life……the spiritual will only be open to those who view it as the pearl of great price……IMO(to make everyone happy)……:)
Old 20-01-2024, 04:50 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by FallingLeaves
try 'sometimes we don't want to see what's right in front of our eyes'

That also