Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Buddhism

Old 14-11-2020, 10:11 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ant
Relay,sounds less magical to me and not coming from others and others stories.

It ain't tradition,it's lessening magical thinking.
I didn't understand this.
What is 'relay' exactly...could you use a synonym to help me?

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-11-2020, 10:13 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
I have a vague memory that Nisargatta owned a tobacco shop.

Ok thanks.: )

I will look up on Nisargatta.
Old 14-11-2020, 10:18 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
I didn't understand this.
What is 'relay' exactly...could you use a synonym to help me?

I am using relay in place of direct source,god head,spirit etc etc.

I don't feel the need to attach other peoples words,nor to question,label and or what is.

It just is and i just accept.

I hope i've clarified.: )

Ps.I trust and may have helped manifest resistance.: )

Lets trust my time on here,is not in vain nor futile.
Old 14-11-2020, 11:27 AM
Master
When questioned,

Questioner: You smoke?
Maharaj (Nisargadatta): My body kept a few habits which may as well continue till it dies. There is no harm in them.

He certainly knew Himself....
Old 14-11-2020, 11:49 AM
ant

Quote:
Originally Posted by sky123
Questioner: You smoke?
Maharaj (Nisargadatta): My body kept a few habits which may as well continue till it dies. There is no harm in them.

I agree,when aligned.

Habits are an enabler and engaging,

an enjoyment 'here' and enjoying the fruits of the labour after clearing.

It's an outlet,a creative excitive one,that exhibits.

Hence you see,let go and let 'it' indulge and enjoy.: )

No judgement,just accept what is.

Alignment expels effectively,so there is no harm.: )
Old 14-11-2020, 06:58 PM
Master

Religions don't support use of intoxicating substance or addiction of any substance especially for spiritual development. People may use conducive material like flowers incense candles to support their meditations but not addictive intoxicating substance.
The reason is effective n perfect actions in material world is very much part of spirituality n these substance in fact under the smooth flow of life.So religions even prohibit these intoxicating substance use.
Old 14-11-2020, 07:30 PM
Suspended
Master
When peeps pass off their weaknesses and addictions as a body thing all they are doing is passing the buck while succumbing to them .

There is a thing called will power .

x daz x
Old 14-11-2020, 08:19 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by HITESH SHAH
Religions don't support use of intoxicating substance or addiction of any substance especially for spiritual development. People may use conducive material like flowers incense candles to support their meditations but not addictive intoxicating substance.
The reason is effective n perfect actions in material world is very much part of spirituality n these substance in fact under the smooth flow of life.So religions even prohibit these intoxicating substance use.

Why is it some Psychics have a cigarette before doing a reading?

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.
   ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Old 14-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
Why is it some Psychics have a cigarette before doing a reading?
And afterwards! :)
Ok,
-cuz they're human like anybody else.
-It grounds them.
-And they don't care one hoot what concepts people have so don't hide it.

Later, you can meet 'em at the local bar.
(Most didn't ask to be psychic ..and would rather be in the
back room gettin' high or doin' somethin' else fun.)

Psychics aren't freaking saints. And neither are mediums or healers.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 14-11-2020, 08:36 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by God-Like
When peeps pass off their weaknesses and addictions as a body thing all they are doing is passing the buck while succumbing to them.

There is a thing called will power.

x daz x

Also "body thing's" can manifest first through unconscious thought patterns, habits, and conditioning. The thought, "I want to go buy a large coke at Jack In The Box" comes first, then one accepts and identifies with that thought, then one proceeds to fulfill that thought and desire for sense pleasure.

Advertising, or the placing of desires in our minds, is a billion dollar industry. It works. Show us a commercial of someone enjoying a large coke over and over, eventually most will succumb to those images. During Halloween, I must have seen 100 commercials for Reeses Peanut Butter Cups on tv. I got some myself lol. I had not eaten those for years. The commercials worked on me! I didn't even like the things after I ate one.

Buddha talked about the relationship between mental attachments and physical attachments. Buddha identified physical sense pleasure as "Kāma-Taṇhā," as one of the things that keeps the cycle of rebirth occurring. Buddha also went into "mental" attachment or the identification with thought and thinking under the term Dhamma-Taṇhā. The two are related, go hand in hand. Physical attachments go hand in hand with mental attachments.

I know someone physically addicted to coke (the drink - soda.) She says she gets horrible migraines if she does not drink it all day long. She says she tried to stop and she can't. So she has a physical addiction to the sugar and caffeine, and her thinking, her thoughts, also back that up, saying things to herself (and me) like, "I can't stop."

Somebody posted something about cigarettes not doing any harm... sounded like those old cigarette commercials that are now illegal as we know it can kill people, even those just getting the smoke second hand. These things are physically harmful.

I don't think we can refer to any of the above to judge anybody though as my understanding is some very advanced beings can purposely choose to bring very little of their energy into an incarnation for the "challenge" of it. The basic idea is, the ultimate purpose of life is to overcome, transcend, understand, see, master ~ all the negative energies down here, (and attune to what we are, love) to transcend, not identity with as self, the physical body and it's mind, and this is done through the exercise of focused and manifested higher awareness. Though self understanding.

Awareness is an aspect of consciousness itself and it can be strengthened and increased like a muscle. So what would be going on there is if some advanced being brought down most of their energy for an incarnation, no growth could occur. Their nature would simply have full ownership and control of the body and it's energies and it's mind. So instead, they put in a little, and sometimes they mess up and end up drug addicts etc. They over estimated their ability to deal with a human life and a human body with very little "spiritual" energy incarnated.

Most books also state "new souls" typically choose easy lives to get their feet wet. So they are born to rich parents, in healthy attractive bodies, and everything falls into their lap.... very easy lives. I'd also add "body mastery" is just one thing a consciousness can have an interest in. Somebody posted some overweight "guru's" can just not care and this is true. I'd assume some are not even attached to how long they live as death is not a big deal to them. But yea "guru's" are just human like everybody else. Not better or worse just because teaching is the business they are in. Some are mean and abusive, some kind and loving, some a mixture of the two just like everybody else. We have good days and bad days. Until we master and go beyond Buddha's Taṇhā's anyway. Until we become one with our true nature that has no self concern at all, only love for everything and everybody.