Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Old 15-04-2020, 01:32 PM
Master
Quote:
20) The disciples said to Jesus, "Tell us what the Kingdom of
Heaven is like."
He said to them, "It is like a mustard seed, the smallest of
all seeds. But when it falls on tilled soil, it produces a great
plant and becomes a shelter for birds of the sky."

Tilled soil is fertile ground. Someone who has lived a good life and is open to the word of God. The mustard seed is the divine spark (of the Holy Spirit) that is in all of us. As it grows, it becomes (integrates with) the "tree of life" for all other souls in the world.

John 1:1-14 (KJV)

1 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God.2 The same was in the beginning with God.3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made.4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.5 And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not.6 There was a man sent from God, whose name was John.7 The same came for a witness, to bear witness of the Light, that all men through him might believe.8 He was not that Light, but was sent to bear witness of that Light.9 That was the true Light, which lighteth every man that cometh into the world.10 He was in the world, and the world was made by him, and the world knew him not.11 He came unto his own, and his own received him not.12 But as many as received him, to them gave he power to become the sons of God, even to them that believe on his name:13 Which were born, not of blood, nor of the will of the flesh, nor of the will of man, but of God.14 And the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us, (and we beheld his glory, the glory as of the only begotten of the Father,) full of grace and truth.

The word of God is God manifest in "creation". Also, sometimes called the "light", energy or primary vibration. It is the "motion" of the void and known as the Holy Spirit. It is everything that "exists" or has the potential to exist.

(or some friends that I know like to call it consciousness :) )

Quote:
21) Mary said to Jesus, "Whom are Your disciples like?"
He said, "They are like children who have settled in a field
which is not theirs. When the owners of the field come, they will
say, 'Let us have back our field.' They (will) undress in their
presence in order to let them have back their field and give it
back to them. Therefore I say to you, if the owner of a house
knows that the thief is coming, he will begin his vigil before he
comes and will not let him into his house of his domain to carry
away his goods. You, then, be on your guard against the world.
Arm yourselves with great strength lest the robbers find a way to
come to you, for the difficulty which you expect will (surely)
materialize. Let there be among you a man of understanding. When
the grain ripened, he came quickly with his sickle in his hand
and reaped it. Whoever has ears to hear, let him hear."

To me this one is about thoughts and the mind. We are all components of oneness and at a human level it can be thought of as a shared universal mind. We all play in the field of universal mind. We realize (and the owners come back) when we undress (let go of) all of the things we wear (issues & fears) in universal mind.

The house is your own mind. Being vigil is maintaining presence in the moment. The robbers are random thoughts that pull us in different directions out of the moment.

Finally, Jesus is saying that one should find a teacher (man of understanding). When the student is ready (ripened), a true teacher will take them higher.

Those who pay attention in the moment, will understand.

Quote:
22) Jesus saw infants being suckled. He said to His disciples,

"These infants being suckled are like those who enter the

Kingdom."

They said to Him, "Shall we then, as children, enter the

Kingdom?"

Jesus said to them, "When you make the two one, and when you

make the inside like the outside and the outside like the inside,

and the above like the below, and when you make the male and the

female one and the same, so that the male not be male nor the

female female; and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye,

and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and

a likeness in place of a likeness; then will you enter [the

Kingdom]."

The original human (Adam) is both male & female. One brings together these two aspects and the associated energies. A male integrates the female energies. A female integrates the male energies.

Jesus is describing moving from the "mind" level and mind transmission to the heart or light transmission. Inner mind (or Astral) seeing is known as the single "eye". So when Jesus says "and when you fashion eyes in the place of an eye", he is saying that you must let go of the 3rd eye images (they are a construct of the mind). Also, in his final description of "and a hand in place of a hand, and a foot in place of a foot, and a likeness in place of a likeness", he is describing the "integration/merging" that happens in true communion (or light transmission).

The "kingdom" of God is primordial and beyond consciousness/mind.
Old 15-04-2020, 01:47 PM
Master
Quote:
23) Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one out of a thousand, and

two out of ten thousand, and they shall stand as a single one."

To me, in this verse, Jesus is describing that not all are ready (or as spiritually advanced), similar to the analogies of seeds landing on the fertile ground or stone. The interesting point for me is the "standing as a single one."

The single one references that we are all "one in Christ".

Quote:
24) His disciples said to Him, "Show us the place where You are,
since it is necessary for us to seek it."
He said to them, "Whoever has ears, let him hear. There is
light within a man of light, and he (or "it") lights up the whole
world. If he (or "it") does not shine, he (or "it") is darkness."

This is actually one of my favorite verses in the Gospel of Thomas. To me, a "man of light" is one who has realized the primordial light of God. He/she have moved beyond the obstructions (ego) and knows that the light and energy is not stored in them or theirs, but that it "flows through". When allowed to flow through it is "brought into" and shared with the with the whole world. If it does not flow through (or one thinks of it as there own light/energy), then they are still in darkness (ego).

Also, I would say that a "man of light" feels an almost uncontrollable flow to share the light with others.
Old 15-04-2020, 06:27 PM
ImthatIm

jonesboy

You are very talented at writing out your insights
of scripture.
I am very impressed with your flow and connections.
Old 16-04-2020, 12:14 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonesboy
Not sure I understand.

I would agree my response was one of awe when I first met someone who had realized the soul/light.

i meant angels, there's a tendency to reject angels as primitive but i'm not so sure. the trees of paradise could of been angels. i guess what i dont like is anyone thats sure of where they are and nothing is really about awe any longer, because they are familiar with it all. i feel retaining that sense of awe is important, maybe most important thing.
Old 16-04-2020, 12:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by davidmartin
i meant angels, there's a tendency to reject angels as primitive but i'm not so sure. the trees of paradise could of been angels. i guess what i dont like is anyone thats sure of where they are and nothing is really about awe any longer, because they are familiar with it all. i feel retaining that sense of awe is important, maybe most important thing.

I would say or have been told by someone I highly trust that angels can be extremely powerful.

I have found the spiritual path filled with awe. Moments that were wondrous beyond any expectations.

I think it is important to have an open curiosity when on the path.
Old 17-04-2020, 08:51 AM
Master

Quote:
I would say or have been told by someone I highly trust that angels can be extremely powerful.

I have found the spiritual path filled with awe. Moments that were wondrous beyond any expectations.

I think it is important to have an open curiosity when on the path.

yeah i think so too! when you think of the scale of the universe at both ends large and small. its pretty amazing. one thing i've detected is a reluctance to really know truth. a tendency to change the subject or go this way or that. i feel i've seen this happen too many times for it to be coincidence. i think the GoT addresses this. ha, all very curious. the GoT never really aligns too well with either orthodox or gnostic standpoints its remarkable but scarcely survived, while lessor writings did, why?
Old 20-04-2020, 12:58 PM
Master
Quote:
23. Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one from a thousand and two from ten thousand, and they will stand as a single one."

Any thoughts?
Old 20-04-2020, 10:24 PM
Master

Quote:
Any thoughts?

interesting contrast with the saying 'ask a small child and you shall live'
so children in general seem universally qualified, whereas adults it requires uniqueness? but that uniqueness is a return to what was originally possessed. so a small saying like this can turn into a real study.
thats what i like about Jesus, he doesn't waffle, its bam here's the clue's and you figure it out!

a second thought, to be aware of the well known spiritual technique of the 'shocking saying. Its pretty common and I think Jesus was one who did it and its meant not quite literally. an awareness of this i think is helpful anyway.
Old 21-04-2020, 12:01 AM
Molearner

Quote:
Any thoughts?

Determining who “you” and “they” refers to is perplexing. For instance if “they” refers to the thousand and ten thousand the power implied by that overwhelming force is negated. Qualitative vs. quantitative comes into play(assuming the preceding).
Old 21-04-2020, 12:39 AM
Master

Quote:
Quote:
23. Jesus said, "I shall choose you, one from a thousand and two from ten thousand, and they will stand as a single one."
Any thoughts?
Here (https://www.biblegateway.com/verse/e...ronomy%2032:30) there are many similar translations, that give a feeling about the meaning of your quote:
Quote:
DEUTERONOMY 32:30

KJ21: How should one chase a thousand, and two put ten thousand to flight, unless their Rock had sold them, and the Lord had shut them up?

... CEV: How could one enemy soldier chase a thousand of Israel’s troops? Or how could two of theirs pursue ten thousand of ours? It can only happen if the Lord stops protecting Israel and lets the enemy win.

... ICB: One person cannot chase 1,000 people. And 2 people cannot fight 10,000. This only happens if the Lord has sold them. Their Rock would have to give them up.

This (http://www.earlychristianwritings.co...lthomas23.html) is interesting too.
Everything expressed here is what I believe. Keep that in mind when you read my post, as I kept it in mind when I wrote it. I don't parrot others. Most of my spiritual beliefs come from direct channeling guidance. I have no interest in arguing whose belief is right, and whose is wrong. I'm here just to express my opinions, and read about others'.