Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 24-07-2011, 10:12 PM
Neville

Quote:
Translation: "up yourself" means "defensive", I think.

Xan

I think it's a bit more in the way of being self inflated, full of one self.

Whenever I get like that , I remind myself that I am the one who regularly changes the kitty litter, Which kinda let's me know where I am in the grand scheme of things.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:15 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xan
Translation: "up yourself" means "defensive", I think.

Xan
Aussie slang for being full of self importance
Old 24-07-2011, 10:17 PM
Master
More translation: "self importance" means "defensive" ... defending the egoic sense of worth.

Xan

Old 24-07-2011, 10:22 PM
not human

Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Gee i was thinking the same about you, but then you never do have much to say that is positive and helpful to others, i wonder why that is ?.
Have a look at my other posts including ones directed at you. I am aware of my intentions. I react to the unfounded spiritual one upmanship that gets played out by some people in this forum & question if it part of the solution or part of the problem
Old 24-07-2011, 10:51 PM
mattie

OPer Is The One Using This Tactic

Quote:
Originally Posted by hybrid
to say enlightened believe in no self is a misreprsentation,. this is like a theist tactic demanding the atheist to prove that god does not exists. one cannot believe to something he claims does not exists.

It is the OPer who is the one DEMANDing that others PROVE their belief is valid. Classic ad nauseum tactic.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:53 PM
mattie

Commented As I Desired

Quote:
Originally Posted by not human
Mattie with all due respect & I do appreciate your intention but you do play it very literal. The converstation was between another member & me why do you see the need to inject yourself.

It was something I wanted to comment on, so I did. You can view this remark however you want.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:58 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by psychoslice
Slaughter that broccoli, yum yum yum...

Hey, with all the Broccoli talk, a quick story.

My father is known for being quite frugal. A few years ago it came to light that he'd been taking a knife into the supermarket and brazenly cutting the stalk of the 'broccoli bunch' prior to purchase..., basically to save a few pence.

His partner being quite embarrassed about this used to just leave the vacinity, and when she told us about it (my sister and I) we teased him a bit, as is the family tradition.

Anyway, a few years later it came up again in conversation and I said to his partner, 'does he still take a knife in to cut the stalks off the broccoli ?' and she looked at me dead straight faced and said,

'no............................................... he's grown a fingernail'.
Old 24-07-2011, 10:59 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:
Originally Posted by TzuJanLi
Yes, let's..

I am not 'attaching' anything, i am acknowledging what is plainly obvious.. you see, experience, and acknowledge 'self' every single post, then.. you suggest it is not so, you have no valid position.

Ahh, your weakness.. you lack the capacity to comprehend 'both' conditions exist simultaneously.. you exist as 'part AND whole' at the same time, i hope you can get this.. it will resolve your conflicted beliefs..

Please, describe the details of my memories growing up, just the ones relative to my personal experiences around age 7 will do nicely.. no? precisely, those are resident in my 'private mind-scape', separated from your private mind-scape.. yes, duality is that which is fundamental to existence.. separation is not an 'illusion', or you will describe the memories i requested.. no?.. see what i mean?

We each have a unique history, and that history, along with genetic inclinations, opinions distinctly different (you and i are perfect examples), preferences, and desires are the 'scenery' of our private mindscapes.. this 'private mindscape' is the existent but intangible 'self', it exerts a measurable and uniquely identifiable force upon existence and reality.. look and see that it is so, undeniably so.. well, of course someone can deny it, but that is self-deception..

Self identifies itself just as you experience your beliefs as separate and apart from the beliefs of other 'selfs' such as 'myself'.. we are connected via this discussion, yet separate in our understanding, do you not comprehend one AND two simultaneously?

Not interested in delusions..

Then you deceive yourself.. you believe you will convert people to your beliefs, you state so plainly, and you act upon it.. you are deeply attached to your beliefs.. you return in the face of convincing evidence of existing 'selfs', and plead for the beliefs you cannot support.. yes, you do hold your belief dear..

I have presented evidence that you cannot contradict, and you simply refuse to accept this actuality.. denial is a counterproductive position..

The absence of Adolf Hitler, the unique set of memories, beliefs, opinions, and intentions within his private mindscape and almost universally 'identifiable', would have negated the genocide.. it is that unique identity that orchestrated the atrocities.. again, and again you say "prove it", and i do.. denial is not contradicting evidence..

LOL.. why do you make such unsubstantiated claims?.. of course there's duality, if not we would agree.. if not, there would be no existence..

Do you even pay attention.. i'm not too 'respected' around here.. that's just a shot at my 'self', the one you claim doesn't exist.. are you paying attention to how you disprove your own claims??

Prove it
prove it
prove it
prove it
Who's repetitive?? i keep offering evidence, you keep denying with 'prove it'.. Get into the discussion with some substance, or concede, but this is tiresome.. i offer substance, you say "prove it"..

I demonstrate the capacity to experience my 'self' as 'part' AND 'whole' simultaneously.. THAT is what the perception without expectation experiences, BOTH conditions playing-out in reality, the dynamic interplay of fundamental duality..

LOL.. i recognized this long ago, and moved beyond the trap of its 'self-destructive' beliefs.. if you can bring the useful aspects of what you 'yourself' learned from this experience back to reality, excellent, but.. RT and that misunderstanding of this 'scenery on the journey' is a misplaced understanding and counter to what Life 'is'..

Self proved.. you have failed to show or even suggest contrary evidence.. only denial.. you show-up as savior with only a trite and unsubstantiated claim, that there is 'no self', which simple observation impeaches.. and, you reject evidence that is 'self-evident'.. unless you can engage in substantive discussion, your belief in 'no-self' is soundly impeached.. i cannot find any reason to continue this dialogue with you without your participation, and denial is not participating.. it is stomping your feet, covering your ears, and screaming lalalala to protect you from the truth.. that there is a 'self' and work to be done..

Be well..
Hi 'Enlightened': Here it is again, why do you run from the truth.. you have not addressed it since post #722, page 73, and you said you would have answers for every issue i posted.. denial is not an answer.. so again, step up, or run away, it's really that simple.. as of now, you have failed, 'Enlightened' presents its 'self' again and again, oblivious that it is the most convincing evidence for self on this thread.. talk is cheap, it is the deeds that reveal your attachment to the RT identity..

Be well..
Old 24-07-2011, 11:03 PM
mattie

MANY, MANY Answers

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened
... It should be very easy to describe it to me please...

It has been repeatedly & repeatedly & repeatedly in MANY answers that you reject as invalid.
Old 24-07-2011, 11:06 PM
mattie

LOL About Another Demand

This accidentially dropped in 'About Another Demand' into the title line as I posted before I caught it. When posting a title if one has used one w/ the same beginnig words in the same logged in session it will drop in the rest of the previous title.

The title should just read simply 'LOL.' Sorry about not catching that. As far as I know one can't edit a title once it is posted.

Hilarious story.
Closed Thread