Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Tarot and Oracle Cards

Old 21-11-2016, 11:22 PM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Why yes, you may have influenced me slightly

Looking up Dynamic Spreads now! EDIT: Ooh, I like. I like a lot. May order this next

@ Clover - these are great. Pisces Moon introduced me to them and they're an excellent way to a) practice coming up with your own spreads and b) linking cards together to form a cohesive message. Since coming across them I've been doing a lot more practice... less playing around with fancy decks and more what I call 'honest tarot practice', almost to the point of randomly slamming down cards and forcing myself to think about how they might relate to each other.

ooooh I like it!! I finally bought Wisom of the Oracle, yeah I know fluffy,but through it in the Amazon cart because of how cheap it was. Its a fantastic oracle, I like it a lot.

Looking into the Russian Gypsy Fortune Telling Cards as well, I am intrigued

Bad influences
Old 21-11-2016, 11:49 PM
Master

Everyone has a designated 'fluffy' deck or two in their collection. I have Happy Tarot and Wisdom of the Oracle, and am totally okay with this (okay, WOTO is probably a lot fluffier than Happy Tarot which actually reads remarkably straightforward)
Old 22-11-2016, 08:49 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by tealily
Everyone has a designated 'fluffy' deck or two in their collection. I have Happy Tarot and Wisdom of the Oracle, and am totally okay with this (okay, WOTO is probably a lot fluffier than Happy Tarot which actually reads remarkably straightforward)
I get really good results with WotO... It always seems to be spot on.
A while back I did a few cards for someone else, and I used a Doreen Virtue deck. The querent didn't get the answer, and I found it 'fluffy' myself. I then drew a card from WOTO and it was clear right away. Basically the same message, but far clearer in description. (Okay, I admit, not a fan of Doreen Virtue decks... Sold most I once bought, totally useless decks, except for Romance Angels. That does work a treat!)
Old 22-11-2016, 08:51 AM
Master
I'd really like to have the Chakra Wisdom Oracle Cards by Tori Hartman.
I've done some amazing meditations with the sort instructions on the cards.
Old 17-12-2016, 03:19 PM
55Degrees

Sooooo I've just been flicking through Lo Sacarabeo's 2017 catalogue and a couple of decks are really calling to me.

Vicecersa Tarot,
Goddess Tarot
And strangely the Sola Busca.

Roll on 2017
Old 18-12-2016, 12:43 AM
Deactivated Account

Wishlist: That I hope to purchase in the next few months..

Mary El
Nefertari's Tarot
Earth Power Oracle
Vintage Wisdom Oracle ( this I will buy some time this coming week).

I think WOTO is my fav oracle to use, the message is direct and to the point. Very well written in my opinion. Yes, it's full of fluff, but I have seen worse. I love Alana fairchild's art work on her Oracles but the booklet content has too much content, and it's not well written, rather sloppy. Also, I am not comfortable with the idea of praying to a spirit either (prayer ritual) which much of her oracles ask to do. The last of hers that I will buy will probably be the Kuan Yin, the portraits look stunning.

I am kinda tempted to purchase the Unicorn Tarot from Doreen Virtue
Old 18-12-2016, 01:02 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

Mary El
Nefertari's Tarot
Earth Power Oracle

I think WOTO is my fav oracle to use, the message is direct and to the point. Very well written in my opinion. Yes, it's full of fluff, but I have seen worse. I love Alana fairchild's art work on her Oracles but the booklet content has too much content, and it's not well written, rather sloppy. Also, I am not comfortable with the idea of praying to a spirit either (prayer ritual) which much of her oracles ask to do. The last of hers that I will buy will probably be the Kuan Yin, the portraits look stunning.

I have the vintage wisdom oracle. My next on list is Scared rebels's oracle :) Doreen virtue is always nice, I want the mermiad one for a while now .
Old 18-12-2016, 09:47 AM
55Degrees

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clover

Mary El
Nefertari's Tarot
Earth Power Oracle

I find Alana Fairchild's guidebooks 'whammy', very woo woo and over the top with all the 'beloved' and 'dear one', however the artwork of the cards is usually stunning. I rarely read the guidebooks. I'll skim through them and pick out what seems useful, after that the book sits at the bottom if the box untouched. I just go with what the card says to me.
I understand some people find her rituals helpful but for me it's too much, almost assuming the user is pathetically helpless. I do ritual in my own way and from a place of empowerment and strength.
So yeah, chuck the guidebook
Old 18-12-2016, 03:46 PM
Guide

Red face

I'm still slavering over the Malpertuis Lenormand deck. The Regency era appeals to me. Wish me luck I will obtain this deck in the New Year!

Other than that I am content (for the most part) with the decks I own.
I do not own any of Doreen's decks..but for a long period of time I visited her weekly readings on u-tube, and I have to say they were quite good... Until she added the desk and butterfly graphics..
Old 18-12-2016, 03:57 PM
Administrator
Hello

For me at times I can scan the pictures and something will call out to me.....most times its a trip to a store or market and there is a deck that calls out to me. Then they sit in the cabinet not used. Like a collection.

Even when I had the space to keep all of them up near where I sit and work the most they never saw the light of day. I just like to have the energy in the house.

I only have one very dark oracle deck ( got them in England ) not used them much they might want out and about. Not sure what is next on the list....or what deck I might put in my purse today for a Metaphysical gathering I am off to.

Lynn