Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2010, 05:24 AM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gem
From your own lengthy search ... can you see the value in this endeavour?

Yes, which doesn't alter the fact that seeking comes from suffering and is rooted in delusion.
Old 06-10-2010, 05:35 AM
Master
The seeking and the delusion can be a great catalyst, or like the old story of the thorn, we use a thorn to dig out the thorn that is annoying us and giving us pain in the foot, after digging out the thorn in our foot we then throw them both away, their no longer needed.
Old 06-10-2010, 10:42 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy

What I meant by 'wrong place' is delusion. Are you suggesting delusion is Truth?

Mm ok well I guess to be delusional is to experience the truth of delusion which is a true distortion of what is 'self-evident' or 'real' for want a less controversial word lol
Old 06-10-2010, 11:26 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Phroggy
Yes, which doesn't alter the fact that seeking comes from suffering and is rooted in delusion.

Please elaborate... what was the value of this sufferable delusion? Was there some favourable consequence? If so in what way was it favourable or valued?
Old 06-10-2010, 12:38 PM
Greenslade

The Truth is relative to your own perspective. As is the rest of the Universe and everything in it.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:01 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

The issue, for me, is.. what am i seeking? if it's something i believe i don't have, then i am mistaken.. i find myself 'seeking' stillness, clarity.. i find that 'beliefs' which do not result in stillness and clarity, are burdens.. Seeking stillness and clarity is seeking what you already are, except.. we are usually busying ourselves with beliefs about what we are not..

Be well..
Old 06-10-2010, 01:24 PM
Master
It's very difficult for me to ascertain what Truth refers to... so I only know of this sence of truth by which one knows he is truthful, but it seems to me 'Truth' is used to describe some absolute position such as God is Truth. The capitalization of the word... to make it a secret thing unlike the sence of truth I described.

I think it's one of those things like 'Love' where a thing which is obvious to everyone is elated to a Godly status and then kinda preached.

So... I reckon what it is is that knowledge that allows truthfulness, and I reckon if I said 'be truthful' everyone would know what that means.

Last edited by Gem : 06-10-2010 at 01:26 PM.
Old 06-10-2010, 01:42 PM
TzuJanLi

Greetings..

Quote:

It's very difficult for me to ascertain what Truth refers to...
Agreed.. Truth is an abstraction of "ISness".. it IS, what it IS.. to label that as 'truth', then to assign it some grand cosmic meaning is just another 'rabbit hole' to get lost in.. Be still, listen to 'being' with your own being.. in the stillness, your mind and its structures are silent, Clarity reveals what 'is'..

Be well..
Old 06-10-2010, 02:08 PM
Phroggy

Quote:
Originally Posted by sound
Mm ok well I guess to be delusional is to experience the truth of delusion which is a true distortion of what is 'self-evident' or 'real' for want a less controversial word lol

What I mean by Truth is the oneness of Beingness, the realization of which is freedom from suffering, the cause of which is the belief in separation, the function of which is identification with the mind/body.
Old 06-10-2010, 02:22 PM
Wind of Grace

Quote:
How much is that Phroggy in the window?... Some see seeking in a very general sense. To say "seeking to uncover wisdom", it makes seeking sound like a fun exploration, but at the root of all seeking is a dissatisfaction, a sense of lack, and a need to find something, and fear.
I wouldn't say seeking is the source of suffering. I would say suffering is the source of seeking.

Seeking = Curiosity to me. Children are insatiably curious, it is by far their greatest quality.

If curiosity and subsequent seeking leads one to climb a tree, fall down and break a leg, so be it. If they are afraid when the get to the emergency room, so be it. The only real danger in life is when one chooses to stop asking questions.

Suffering can only be present through resistance. If there is no resistance to what is, there may be intense pain of sorts to endure, but there will be no suffering.

Seeking to uncover the wisdom of ones own heart is a noble journey indeed. If one does not search, they must have all of the answers... and since this is not my reality, I search and remain open to my own discoveries.

Last edited by Wind of Grace : 06-10-2010 at 02:28 PM.
Closed Thread