Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Spirituality

Closed Thread

Old 15-07-2011, 04:27 PM
Deactivated Account

I can look inside.. it used to be hollow but since I started coming to this forum it seems to be filling up
Old 15-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Suspended
Quote:
Originally Posted by Enlightened
Squatchit - You're hiding. You're running.

And you're choosing to see my response that way because it doesn't match your beliefs.

I became aware of this tiny spark of something when I was a little child. I knew that all the external crud (the body etc.,) wasn't me. But I also knew there was a 'me' inside.

Quote:
You barely even tried. You took a tiny peek, and somehow this was your plausible excuse to excuse yourself, wish me well and still smell of roses.

Again, you are saying this because my 'try' turned out differently than what you wanted. You've praised Topology and not even asked him how big a peek he took. How much peeking are we to do then? Half an hour? Half a day? What?

Quote:
You even have 'Master' status.

That's simply a tag to do with how many posts one makes. Nothing else.

Quote:
Come on, keep pushing it. What do you see when you look for a 'you'?

You are pushing me in order to bend to your beliefs. Why? Why can't you accept that I may have a different result to what you are pushing me towards?

Squatch
Old 15-07-2011, 04:29 PM
Rikki

Athymari - Can you locate a self and know 100% that it is 'you'?

Forget what happened before, look and see if you can hold in your mind, 'you'...
Old 15-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Topology

I see that this body-mind was raised in a cultural sea of Menes and ignorance of how to treat each other with compassion and understanding. What I called "myself" was a linguistic meme-plex invented by this body-mind's linguistic faculty to cope with stress and other people referring to my name and pointing at "me". This "me" was real in as much as thinking made it so.

Next?
Old 15-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Rikki

Squatch - I have no beliefs for you to bend to. I'm curious, what is this tiny spark you claim to have found?

How do you KNOW it is 'you'?

100%?
Old 15-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Lisa

Ruthless Truth is coming to mind. Do you know about it Enlightened? (Cirian and Steve and the gang)
Old 15-07-2011, 04:31 PM
Deactivated Account

I can locate something and i can move my.. 'point of awareness' inside me. I figured that I am a dream like projection of the real me thats elsewhere and decided to try find that real me. I came to this forum and actively began to look and its started to fill.
Old 15-07-2011, 04:32 PM
Knower
Interesting saying ..... It is impossible to begin to learn that which one thinks one already knows. --Epictetus (c.55-c.135)
Old 15-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Topology

I see that this body-mind was raised in a cultural sea of Menes and ignorance of how to treat each other with compassion and understanding. What I called "myself" was a linguistic meme-plex invented by this body-mind's linguistic faculty to cope with stress and other people referring to my name and pointing at "me". This "me" was real in as much as thinking made it so. But this body-mind c
Old 15-07-2011, 04:33 PM
Rikki

Topology - "This "me" was real in as much as thinking made it so."

Boom.

The rest is a little mind made 'understanding' and not what you see when you look.

Can you see it working? Can you see how you believed in this to be a 'you'?

Can you see behind the curtain of self?
Closed Thread