Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 24-03-2022, 02:56 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by Still_Waters
That is the way that I see it as well .... ignorance. Ignorance leads to what others call "evil".
Believe it or not I see it the same way. Difficult time seeing it to. I often use the word innocent as ignorance means not knowing.
Old 24-03-2022, 05:49 PM
Molearner

Understanding evil ? Try watching Japanese/Korean crime dramas on Netflix for in your face examples of evil……:)
Old 24-03-2022, 06:38 PM
Master
LOL!

What 'possessed' you to watch those dramas................?

As for me, it reflects much of their culture and when contrasted with our 'dramas', there is a huge difference but I never considered them 'evil'.

⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜ ⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜⁜

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.

Old 25-03-2022, 06:26 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miss Hepburn
May I suggest the book ''Intensity" by Dean Koontz to get into the head of a psychopath. Excellent for that.
I find pathological liars think they are smarter than everyone else...makes me laugh.
I'll have a look at that, thanks. I'm just finishing off a series then I have the Rama series to read. I read Rendezvous with Rama in my teens and didn't know it had sequels. Excited.

Neil Tenant was in the Pet Shop Boys and I didn't like them much.

Talking of Netflix, watched an amazing movie on reincarnation called "A Dog's Purpose." Grab some tissues, Mrs G was sobbing though it.
Old 25-03-2022, 06:36 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by A human Being
I saw a picture of Neil Tennant on a British game show t'other day, funnily enough, 'That dude looks a bit like Neil Tennant' I thought to myself, though I thought surely it wasn't him.
So I got my Tenants mixed up, this is what happens when you let go of attachments and lose your grip on the human world. Maybe you brought it up in the context of a very heavy subject that needs a lighter moment once in a while.

The album cover reminds me of my days in mental health, and since this is a thread about evil it helps to understand the mind of someone who is 'evil'. Our reality is created in so many ways and the reality is that it's less to do with Spirituality than people would imagine.

And yes. one of those albums that didn't receive as much attention as it should.
Old 25-03-2022, 06:48 AM
Greenslade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Molearner
Understanding evil ? Try watching Japanese/Korean crime dramas on Netflix for in your face examples of evil……:)
Try watching movies like "Silence of the Lambs" and getting inside his head, or TV where they're chasing pathological killers. Or books.

Maybe if people did some homework instead of coming up with their own theories we might get somewhere closer to an understanding.
Old 25-03-2022, 01:36 PM
Molearner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigJohn
LOL!
What 'possessed' you to watch those dramas................?'.
BigJohn,

Good question. Truthfully probably some desire of escapism. The last several years because of national and world events has put me in some state of malaise and despondency…..sometimes just too much to deal with. The new normal is difficult to process…..it appears as very abnormal to me…..leaving me with a sense of impotency. All to the point that love seems to be under attack.

These shows have a mixture of elements. Caricatures reminiscent of Greek drama masks, modern day emojis. Themes almost apparent as morality plays. Just like the Coen brothers film seem to parallel much of Shakespeare these can follow a familiar theme. Fortunately for me some of the ‘good guys’ survive and triumph…….:). Also some of the dialogue are like a rewording of Biblical verses and/or themes.
Old 25-03-2022, 01:46 PM
Molearner

Hahaha….this self catharsis reminded me of these song lyrics: “Make the world go away and get off my shoulders “……
Old 25-03-2022, 02:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Greenslade
Talking of Netflix, watched an amazing movie on reincarnation called "A Dog's Purpose." Grab some tissues, Mrs G was sobbing though it.
Because this topic is about evil...I hope this is still on topic..I saw a little of the movie above...
when I saw the cruelty of the main actor...
I said ..''OK, that's enough for me!''

EVEN...if after 2 hours he finds some sort of salvation ...not worth it for my mind to open to such evil/meanness/ugliness/cruelty.
My sister said, "Good thing you didn't see the horse scene!"
She knew not to tell me about it!
I think Jane Campion is great, tho.
(Just some insight into Miss H's choices. An opening scene on TV with blood and a chalk outline of a body ..and it's off.
I protect my mind and what it sees too much of; 20 seconds of the News now...and it's also turned off...too much 'evil'.)

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 25-03-2022, 04:03 PM
Master
Molearner,
did you ever notice, some of those people who watch those movies, shows, etc., consider some of our movies, shows, etc. to be 'evil'?

Happiness is the result of an enlightened mind whereas suffering is caused by a distorted mind.