Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Nature

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-06-2011, 06:06 PM
surrendertotheflow

We Saved a Kitten and he's shy

One of the outdoor cats at my grandmother's house brought home a kitten! He looks to be about 5 weeks old, adorable. We saved him from the Tom cat that brought him home, he has killed another kitten before. He is a messed up cat himself.

So we brought the little furball in the house (nicknamed him Jaws because we found him between a set of them hehe)

And I don't know if he was born a wild cat (a lot of those around these woods) or if the tom picked him up from someone's yard. He is extremely timid. He will let you hold him and walk around with him and he won't meow, but he keeps trying to crawl up our shoulders and onto our backs. when we let him down, he finds a dark corner to hide in. We made him his own dark corner on my bed with some pillows, sort of like a little kitty cave. He went right into it! But when I came back to check on him, he had moved to the actually corner of the room, and he had to crawl through a bunch of junk to get there. Same thing when he got down in the bar room. He ran behind a book case, right to the corner of the room.

So, my question, is there something significant about corners to cats? I mean, he had plenty of places to hide, but he keeps trying to get to the corners of the room. And he doesn't try to escape either, he just goes to the corner and sits or sleeps.

We tried giving him wet food and water and he didn't want it. I've nursed kittens before, wild and domestic... I've had lots of cats. Normally they come around on their own time, but this kitten seems very stubborn. He hasn't cried once, he is very quiet and withdrawn.

I wonder if anyone can pick up on anything about him? Or at least give me some advice if you know anything about feline behavior.

Thank you much!!!! Peace, love and light

oh also.... not only is he timid, but he was shaking a lot, obviously scared. It seemed to be worse when there was noise... any noise. so i still wonder if maybe he is from up in the woods, but he doesn't seem like other wild kittens we found.