Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 01-04-2020, 01:52 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Busby
davidsun, hello.
You yourself used the word 'dense' to describe your argument(s) here on SF. By the time one has mentally fought through all the possible twists and turns implicit in your message it is very often necessary to start again after getting lost in the maze.
We were talking about the NDE of Rich Kelley and my point was that I can identify myself with his understanding of what he experienced.
My own experiences, call them; mystical, paranormal, spiritual, fifth- dimensional or whatever, are all I have to go on to answer those questions to which I seek an answer. In this case (my case) they suffice. I don't need a Bible or any other collection of descriptive mental pictures to lean on. I'm not being arrogant here, in my old age I can look back and say I have been very lucky - although I still look upon these moments in astonishment as being, well, 'out of this world'.
Obviously I look and always have done for confirmation of what I have been (in a very small way) given to understand. This confirmation has often appeared on the horizon in various dresses but without an intruding bang.
So, I say, that each of us has at least the semblance of a solution when we awaken each morning into a 'new' universe. We, each of us, isn't in the universe, we are the universe.

Each of us adds, in the way we find right, to the universe experiencing itself.
My mind and spirit grooved right along with everything you wrote in your mini--bible ('bible' = 'book') here, Busby ...

... except they both 'balked' when I came to "We, each of us, isn't in the universe, we are [?] the universe.."

My 'thought' and 'sense' is that this statement is both an illogical conclusion and preposterous claim.

This is where consideration of other people's conclusions (wherever they may have been recorded) provide contrasting conclusions to check one's own conclusions against. This one happens to be from The Bible: "In 'him' we live, and move, and have our being." (Acts 17:28)

Not that others conclusions might not also be preposterous and illogical, mind you! One has to very logical (and therefore selective) before deciding what one 'assents' to. Establishing intersubjective concurrence is not a 'simple' process, just as building any 'house' that can accommodate more than one person is.

All of the above offered as my subjective opinion for your subjective consideration and 'judgment' as to its logicality and meaning-full-ness to you of course.