Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Past Lives & Reincarnation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 24-06-2019, 09:42 PM
Suspended
Pathfinder
Quote:
Originally Posted by iamthat
And what if consciousness is not generated by brain activity? What if consciousness precedes the physical brain and functions through the brain but does not require the brain in order to exist?

You use the analogy of a radio. To say that the brain generates consciousness is like saying that the program playing on the radio is generated within the radio itself. The radio is just tuning into frequencies which exist outside the radio. So the brain tunes into frequencies of consciousness which exist outside the brain. The arrangements of physical atoms may determine how well the brain functions, but consciousness itself does not depend on any arrangements of physical atoms.

The idea of consciousness being forced into a computer brain shows little understanding of what it means to be a human being.

Peace.
Lemme put it like this:

I see through my eyes, correct? But I do not see through yours. If my physical body is cloned will the consciousness that is inside my body now be transfered over to the cloned body if I died before the clone was made? Probably not because it's no different than the fact that I can't see through your eyes. The clone is an entirely new person, a whole new soul. So even if we believe that there is a cosmic consciousness and we believe that our own consciousness is sourced from God. It doesn't change the fact that for the most part the physical plain of existence matters just as much and determines things by and large.

The list of details of things that the material plane makes a difference on are nearly endless. If Reincarnation exists... why do you think it is that you don't remember your past lives? Some people claim they can, but maybe they're just crazy because 99% of everybody else doesn't experience such memories and even if they're not crazy maybe those memories are exceptions for whatever reason. Maybe God brings that information forward into the next life, shrug. But for the most part you do forget, and I asked if you knew why. Because the reality is I know why and I know science that makes it functionally impossible to remember most of the memories you retain throughout your life: Because Memory is not a function of Consciousness. Memory is in fact a direct function of your physical brain.

Which makes sense because pure consciousness should just be pure observation, and memory implies there is something set in stone. Something concrete being held in place like say the Cells in your brain. We know different areas of the brain are responsible for memory. But it transcends just memory. Like I said the list is endless. Personality, emotions, even Thought itself are likely elements that are /extensions/ of consciousness that only exist due to the Tools inside the physical brain.

Do you think God thinks? If he does, do you think his thoughts are very stylized and personal like an individual human? Or are they cold and bland and straightforward like a Force of Nature? Do you think God has whims? What for, he can't just whim reality to be whatever, there are rules and he can't just make them be whatever willy nilly he wants. Morality is objective, reality is objective. Meaning they are true independent of conscious agency. You don't need God to exist to make Morality or the Laws of The Universe to exist. Just as God could not override them even if he wanted to. There is no room for Free Will in a being that is the pinnacle of all things.

Point being. All the things you ascribe to your humanly experience. As well all the things you even have to identify yourself as unique and "separate" exist solely because of your Brain. It's proven beyond a shadow of a doubt. I know exactly where to cut you in your brain to make you a mindless murderer or a rapist. I know how to take away your ability to speak, or to understand others when they speak. I can erase your whole memory, etc. All against your consent, all against your will. You will be stuck in a perpetual torment of doing things your consciousness doesn't want to but your lymbic system forces you to. I can choose what kind of person you are to some degree and there is no doubt in my mind that come 100 years time. Personality Changes will be as common as Hair Cuts.

So when I say your brain "generates" your consciousness. I mean it turns God... into /You/. Which matters, when people are talking about living forever are they talking about being remembered or having to carry on their legacy? Maybe when they think there is no other way to live on. But ultimately what we really mean when we think about immortality... Is that we, the beings staring through our eyes. Keeps going, keeps getting to wake up every day. In that case it becomes very dubious. If it does carry on you won't even know it. The main problem with most of the old world religions' perceptions of Reincarnation. Is that it has all this added stuff. Like people here talking about Moksha.

Nigga I hate to break it to you but. If reincarnation exists you're not learning any lessons ACROSS your multiple lives. The only thing that changes is the external world. The science, the technology. 2000 years ago you would be ****ting in a bucket but now you have a toilet. You have more knowledge? No doubt if Reincarnation exists and you've been here before... you're as /smarter/ as you've ever been. But that seems like something that transcends any 1 of us, and has nothing to do with our personal choices. If today we are a mindless murderer then tomorrow we will be the leader of a nation. Because who we are as an individual is defined by our experiences so if we keep getting a clean slate then we will be completely different each time around.

I may have discovered the philosophical, metaphysical, spiritual, etc realms. But ultimately I will always value Science above all else. It's always what's going to matter no matter what incarnation you are. So that's why when I talk of consciousness, I look to the brain. Because all the people on here holding hands and singing delusions of grandeur about some imaginary "next level" to achieve in the spiritual realm. Cannot compare to a single man who can destroy the entire world with a single mathmatical equation.