Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Religions & Faiths > Christianity

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 21-02-2019, 04:56 PM
Newbie ;)

Biblical things that aren't a part of the greater Christian paradigm.

(When I quote scripture or mention what it says, I will not cite chapters, verses or versions for many reasons)

I'm curious if any of you have been on a similar path exploring the concepts the Bible presents. I find that the Bible presents things to be both blatantly obvious and subtly hidden.

"It is the glory of God to conceal a matter. It is the glory of kings to seek a matter out."

When I studied the Bible, I found that I could not relate my findings with most other Christians, because it is more common for them to write off what they don't know (specifically about what the bible doesn't say or explain outright) than to explore it, for fear of being blasphemous.

"Don't focus on the things that are seen, for these are temporary. Focus on those things which are unseen, for they are eternal."

From this verse I intuited that if we cannot see the soul, who we truly are, then it is eternal, and that eternal meant no beginning and no end, meaning we existed before we came here. So I asked the question, "Where were we and where are those memories?" The only thing that made sense was reincarnation. As a conceptual thinker and one who learned much from nature, the concept of birth, death and rebirth being everywhere, including in the life of Jesus only served that interpretation. Never mind how a crazy old coot me and a good friend knew keyed us into where the Bible talks about using newborn sacrifices to open up a portal to the matrix. That one wasn't even as subtle. The Bible even uses the word matrix. Even if you switch to versions where it says womb, if you know that a womb and a matrix are often synonymous, you can make connections to the void.

That's one of many personal findings that is way outside of the box of how the Bible is normally interpreted, but I also studied history, and found that the roots of Christianity is Gnosticism, and their interpretations of the Bible were way more satisfying for me. They interpreted everything less on the matter of it being fact or fiction and more on the matter on how it related to each individuals journey as a living soul, which offered much in the way of application. Before a cross, the symbols were a fish and a lamp. Before the apocrypha was condemned, they were widely accepted and studied by believers.

Even as far as what the Bible does not say, it goes outside of the normal Christian paradigm. The bible never claims to be the only inspired Word of God. It even clearly said that the Word is written all throughout creation, so it was surely recorded by many in different texts. None of the three members of the Christian Trinity ever claimed that they themselves, or the three of them together were the only forms of God.

I also love how mysterious and deep Melchizidek was. An immortal priest of an order that even Jesus was in. You have to wonder.

I could write a book about all of the mysterious and outlandish things I've discovered as they relate to the Bible, and maybe I will one day, but for now, I restate my inquiry in the form of a question. Has anyone else been on a similar path of diving into Biblical things that aren't accepted or taught by mainstream Christianity, and what are your findings if so?