Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Healing

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 18-01-2018, 10:55 PM
Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by wanchain
Thanks very much for sharing the links. I will explore the support group more!

I have more than half the list of traits, although nowadays the intensity of my traits has reduced significantly.

Hmm ... sounds like your family did not have the capacity to help you. I don't think my parents have the capacity too, but for me, I have to hide my problems from them, because they expect me to be perfect, to live up to their expectations, so if I don't, my father will get mad at me and blame me for not being good enough. When I was sick, I had to hide it from him, because he would get mad at me for being sick. So at my weakest point, not only did I not get the help that I needed, I got pushed even lower. What I had was not a life ...

Wanchain
Sorry to hear that, it's sounds terrible. I do whatever I need to do to take care of myself and protect myself from abusers. I'm the most important thing, I can't fix any of them or do anything for them anyway, I have focus on me getting better, that's number one priority. I owe them nothing and I'm not letting them control my life any more, I'm breaking out of their mold and of course they aren't going to like it, but too bad I'm doing it anyway for me. They don't want us to feel or express our feelings, they want things to stay the same, to keep us in their trauma world. But we're only responsible for ourselves and have the right to take care of ourselves, to not follow their rules but to have compassion for ourselves and break free.

The more I heal the more I see the horrible things that were done to me, and the more i see that focusing on myself was the right thing to do. That's why we need support because the past trauma will cause us to feel guilty for standing up for ourselves, we need lots of validation especially in the beginning, then later we see that all the guilt was just a lie. We did the right thing by focusing on ourselves and leaving their sick world behind.