Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Love & Relationships -Friends and Family

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 30-11-2015, 08:11 AM
Deactivated Account

Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain
I prefer to say Namaste aloud or silently, works better for me. "The divine in me acknowledges and honors the divine in you". Easy, no extra reasoning or logic required.

No offence, I personally don't like using that word and don't like when other people use it on me, unless it is said by an indian in the correct context. I thought it meant "bowing to you". And I also thought it was Hindu.

Either way it truly doesn't make sense to me when people steal words and rituals from other cultures without knowing what they truly mean and/or giving it new meaning.

I don't think we need to use words that are popular in new age communities or yoga classes just to sound more spiritual.
I wish people could just be themselves and stop talking like how they think spiritual people should sound like.

Oh and another thing that I don't like about "namaste" is the people who think it means "my soul recognizes yours". Most of the time, they really don't. Why would they say that if it's not true. I guess recognizing that we are all one is a lot different than telling someone that you recognize their soul and that you have a soul connection to them, but a lot of people seem to think namaste means that. I think that if I truly felt that way about someone, I wouldn't say it using 1 word. Namaste has become as belittling as calling a stranger "buddy" in this day of age, at least that's how I hear most people using it these days.