Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20-01-2011, 02:19 PM
Experiencer
That is really beautiful, Summerland. What a moving experience it must have been.

While I agree completely with the wonderful sentiments Summer put forth, I had a slightly different reaction to the OP, in that I simply wanted to agree that I have never been able to understand how most human beings work. I don't just mean indifference to social injustice or lack of curiosity toward the bigger questions (though those are certainly part of the mystery), but in a more fundamental sense I have always felt like an alien among the people around me.
The things I find pleasure in and importance in seem to be meaningless to others and vice versa, and the way most people spend their lives - rushing about like a hurricane trying to do many different things at once, while never actually seeming to achieve anything or having anything to show for this hard work afterwards - is baffling too. Family and friends actively disapprove of my "differentness" and keep trying to make me "normal", yet I have a simple life and am happy, while they have a very complicated one which they complain about all the time. I'm not sure why they would wish to entrap me in such a peculiar business. I think we create our own complications.

I struggle to feel a part of this world. It has always felt like I was observing it rather than joining in.

There is a plus side to this, which is when I meet one of the very rare people who seem to be on the same wavelength as I am, I feel a very strong connection with that person and my whole body seems to vibrate with happiness. I feel a strong affection toward many people in this forum because of this, as many of you seem to be just as loopy.