Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Meditation

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 28-12-2014, 06:51 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kylie<3
Wow. This seemed to get off track. I did t read any of the lengthy posts lol but I just came here to say that I can related the OP question and statement. When I'm meditating here recently Ive noticed that my right hand tightens so intensely that its pointing downwards. Not sure why. I am a massage therapist so I work strictly with my hands. Not sure if it's related or why it's just the right hand, I am right hand dominant. Nice to know others are experiencing similar experiences.

I'd recommend focusing on the area of the tension during meditation and experimenting with different ways of thinking and moving energy through the body, especially around the area of the hand, in an effort to bring about relaxation and relieve the tension.

For example, you can tell yourself that the tension in your hand is relaxing on each in and out breath. Try to feel the muscles relaxing as you do this.

Another example would be to move your awareness from your heart center, down your arms and out through your hands during each breath. Moving awareness through the body is an effective method of stimulating the subtle energies in the body, and passing energy through a particular area of the body has shown to remove energy blocks and tension in that area.

Experiment until you find something that works. Meditation does not have to be a passive experience, despite what you may hear from some.