Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Science & Spirituality

Old 23-11-2010, 06:15 AM
Scibat

Sticky Questions About Souls

Let me preface this by saying, its not meant to offend or an attempt to troll or cause any strife here -- These are questions that really keep my head spinning and I would love to possibly hear some constructive input, thoughts and ideas on this stuff.

So here goes...

1. Assuming that evolution is correct, we all evolved upward from single celled creatures to amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals ect. At what point did we evolve spirits/souls? (Unless you have some info that trumps the fossil record, going with evolution as valid.)

2. Why did we evolve souls?

3. Does every lifeform have a soul/spirit? If so, what happens when they die? Especially lower lifeforms: insects, mollusks, jellyfish?
Old 23-11-2010, 09:02 AM
pre-dawn

One answer to this is that the individual soul is created by body and is inextricably linked with it. It comes into being with the body and goes out with it too. Soul would be similar to the aura or the bio-electric field.
In that scenario every living thing can have a soul.
Old 23-11-2010, 09:06 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
1. Assuming that evolution is correct, we all evolved upward from single celled creatures to amphibians, reptiles, birds, mammals ect. At what point did we evolve spirits/souls? (Unless you have some info that trumps the fossil record, going with evolution as valid.)
Most people who believe in souls (and are non-Abrahamic), believe that everything that lives has a soul.
Quote:
Most people will tell you that it didn't evolve, only matter did. And this, of course, leads to the question why both would be dependant on each other. Problematic to say the least.

Personally, I think this whole soul business can't be talked about properly as long as we have no clear definition.
Old 24-11-2010, 11:42 AM
Iskandar

I hear a lot that our souls are independent of our bodies, that our soul inhabits a body that it wishes to experience life in. That our soul is eternal and old well before our body was born.

I don't think anyone honestly knows for sure.
Old 24-11-2010, 01:25 PM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Iskandar
I hear a lot that our souls are independent of our bodies, that our soul inhabits a body that it wishes to experience life in. That our soul is eternal and old well before our body was born.

I don't think anyone honestly knows for sure.
some do~!
Old 24-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Master
Quote:
Let me preface this by saying, its not meant to offend or an attempt to troll or cause any strife here -- These are questions that really keep my head spinning and I would love to possibly hear some constructive input, thoughts and ideas on this stuff.

So here goes...

3. Does every lifeform have a soul/spirit? If so, what happens when they die? Especially lower lifeforms: insects, mollusks, jellyfish?
evolution is correct, BUT, we did not evolve souls, a Soul is the True Self...every living thing has a soul, even plants, even that fly you just swatted...many will have a different opinion than mine, and thats ok, but i maintain my stance just the same...
Old 24-11-2010, 02:37 PM
mike bike

Hiya,all you guys,

You say every living thing has a soul.....I look at it slightly differently....we are all souls who have a body....the soul is the eternally living spark....the life of God in everything.....every living creature....and this spark of God is even in the atoms of inanimate objects,such as rocks....and,oh,yes....plants and trees.

I am a soul who has been given this body....not a body who has a soul.

I'm soon going to post a thread about the evolution of souls...lots of you will think I'm barmy,but to some it will suddenly open a door to truth.

Blessings ........Mike
Old 24-11-2010, 03:15 PM
mike bike

mmmmmmmm......

Hello,again,everyone,

Here goes...a new thread entitled "The Evolution of Souls"....lots will think me nuts,but what the hell....I've been seeking truth for over 40 years....I wish I could find a way to post my own photo's on the forum without using photo bucket (it even said I was breaching copyright with one of my own pics !!!)....I can post googled pics,but not my own....I would love to show you pics of where I live.

In my searches I've found lots of rubbish,and some stunning truths....I'm now gonna start my new thread .....Sorry....

Blessings to all Mike
Old 24-11-2010, 04:00 PM
grazier

Lightbulb

The way that I understand it is that we are a triple organism, as a humankind for example. We are Physical body, Spritual Body (life force, God force) and Soul which is not in the body but attached to it via a thread of energy, or light as some call it (that is where people get the mistaken idea of a silver cord). The Soul is a filing cabinet for all of our thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences amassed in an incarnation. the Akashic Records that we are building in an incarnation.. When we move out of this physical body in the process called death our Soul withdraws our God force, Spirit that is within our physical body and then returns to the remainder of our Spirit that is in the realms of light. Our Spirit then accesses and assimilates this information and the Soul disintegrates. That is the information that I have been given. Spirit is often confused with Soul, even in Sacred writings.

A Soul is only used in an incarnation, it is a vehicle just like our physical body is a vehicle.

Evolution is another matter. Yes, as far as I understand, all living things have a Spirit not a Soul, some are on a different vibration to us, i.e. minerals, plants, Angels, Elementals etc. Therefore not every living thing has a Soul but it does have the Spark of God, the life force, the Spirit.

The Souls on our vibrations are the creatures, animals and ourselves (maybe from another Planet but still on our vibration). One Cell creatures do have a Soul, but not an individual Soul as such. As I said, the Soul houses the life experience of the Being, whatever form it takes. One cell creatures, insects and animals all have a Group Soul (different to a Soul Group). When the creature, insect or animal dies its spirit goes to the Group Soul of the species, which, when it has expanded enough through life experience that Soul Group moves up to the next stage of creature etc. that has more life experience and opportunities. The same thing happens over and over again, evolving through expansion of the Soul through learning and experience.

When the Group Soul reaches the animal stages and it develops and evolves it integrates with man, eventually, and that is when the individual Soul develops. It is through the animals interaction, living with and learning from man that its individuality evolves. It leaves the pack, so to speak, as animals do when they are domesticated.

The individual animal Soul then develops into our type, or humanoid etc., of Soul. We also have a Soul group, which is God/The Eternal One, but our Spiritual evolution is through Ascension through the Planes.

This is how I have been given it and it has been confirmed to me through synchronicities. I am giving you my understanding, but it may not be everybodies.

Blessings

grazier
Old 24-11-2010, 09:03 PM
Scibat

Quote:
Originally Posted by grazier
The way that I understand it is that we are a triple organism, as a humankind for example. We are Physical body, Spritual Body (life force, God force) and Soul which is not in the body but attached to it via a thread of energy, or light as some call it (that is where people get the mistaken idea of a silver cord). The Soul is a filing cabinet for all of our thoughts, emotions, learning and experiences amassed in an incarnation. the Akashic Records that we are building in an incarnation.. When we move out of this physical body in the process called death our Soul withdraws our God force, Spirit that is within our physical body and then returns to the remainder of our Spirit that is in the realms of light. Our Spirit then accesses and assimilates this information and the Soul disintegrates. That is the information that I have been given. Spirit is often confused with Soul, even in Sacred writings.

A Soul is only used in an incarnation, it is a vehicle just like our physical body is a vehicle.

Evolution is another matter. Yes, as far as I understand, all living things have a Spirit not a Soul, some are on a different vibration to us, i.e. minerals, plants, Angels, Elementals etc. Therefore not every living thing has a Soul but it does have the Spark of God, the life force, the Spirit.

The Souls on our vibrations are the creatures, animals and ourselves (maybe from another Planet but still on our vibration). One Cell creatures do have a Soul, but not an individual Soul as such. As I said, the Soul houses the life experience of the Being, whatever form it takes. One cell creatures, insects and animals all have a Group Soul (different to a Soul Group). When the creature, insect or animal dies its spirit goes to the Group Soul of the species, which, when it has expanded enough through life experience that Soul Group moves up to the next stage of creature etc. that has more life experience and opportunities. The same thing happens over and over again, evolving through expansion of the Soul through learning and experience.

When the Group Soul reaches the animal stages and it develops and evolves it integrates with man, eventually, and that is when the individual Soul develops. It is through the animals interaction, living with and learning from man that its individuality evolves. It leaves the pack, so to speak, as animals do when they are domesticated.

The individual animal Soul then develops into our type, or humanoid etc., of Soul. We also have a Soul group, which is God/The Eternal One, but our Spiritual evolution is through Ascension through the Planes.

This is how I have been given it and it has been confirmed to me through synchronicities. I am giving you my understanding, but it may not be everybodies.

Blessings

grazier

That's very thought provoking. Let's see if I understand this...

So when we die the soul goes away after dumping all its info. -- The spirit, that which is the self, continues?

Lower life forms all share a group spirit? So the whole species would have to go extinct for them to truly be considered dead as each individual is really just part of a larger organism?

Higher animals, like mammals have spirits like we do?

Trying to grasp all this.