Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 30-10-2010, 11:28 PM
Master

What do you do when AP does not happen?

Hi all
What do you do when AP does not happen and you have laid there for a while? Do you give up and go to sleep, keep trying as long as it takes, read a book or get up for a while and start again. The longer I lie down the more restless I get.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:46 PM
Neville

Hello astralsuzy, I tend to go to sleep , that way at least. while dropping off or coming back to wakefulness in the morning I get to do the lucid dreaming type of AP.
Old 30-10-2010, 11:50 PM
Sangress

Get confused, figure out what the problem is, then AP
Old 31-10-2010, 12:30 AM
Master

I did recently figure out what the problem is. It is all in the mind. When I feel really uncomfortable and now I say to myself relax etc. That works. I just have to persevere with it and tell myself I can do it. Thanks for reminding me Sangress.
That is great you have a back up plan Neville. When it does not work you can lucid dream.

Last edited by astralsuzy : 31-10-2010 at 12:34 AM.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:15 PM
Knower
Typical I just go to sleep or go do something else and try again later whether the same day or the next day.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Master

I have probably said this a few times before. If you can AP in bed that is great. I can occasionally in the mornings. Mostly I am not able to AP in bed. It would be nice if I could as going to bed is very comfortable. I have tried, again and again but I am not able to do it. Tonight I am going in the other room to try to AP. I have succuss doing that.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:29 PM
Guide
Quote:
Originally Posted by astralsuzy
I have probably said this a few times before. If you can AP in bed that is great. I can occasionally in the mornings. Mostly I am not able to AP in bed. It would be nice if I could as going to bed is very comfortable. I have tried, again and again but I am not able to do it. Tonight I am going in the other room to try to AP. I have succuss doing that.

Where do you AP than?
I always have tried and fail on my bed so maybe if I
try somewhere else I will succeed
Old 03-11-2010, 10:58 PM
Master

Hi Lovely
It does not matter where you try to AP so long as it is a quiet place and you will not be disturbed. It may not be possible to be in a perfectly quiet place. If that is the case you just have to get used to it. I practice in another room where no one goes into. I have a sleeping bag on the floor and a quilt so my back does not get sore. I also have a lamp on. I have read that having a light on helps to keep you awake. You still have to concentrate not to fall asleep. I find I am more determined to AP when I am not in bed. In bed it is easy to want to go to sleep. I keep changing my mind not to practice in the back room. I always go to bed. I am going to say to myself I am going to practice AP in the other room tonight. Hopefully I will do it.
If you do try to AP other than in bed and it does not work, keep trying. Practice makes perfect.
Old 05-11-2010, 11:25 PM
Master

Hi Lovely, have you tried to AP some where else apart from in bed? If so, how did it go? For me I have noticed a big difference. I am more determined to AP when I am not in bed. The first night I tried, I fell asleep. I think I was not concentrating or I noticed I was falling asleep and I did not wake myself up. The next night, I felt myself moving. I was in the process of being transported somewhere but the process ended. I think a thought came into my mind or I was not relaxed enough to be transported somewhere. Next time it happens I am going to move myself spiritually away from my body. I am going to try it again tonight.
Old 03-11-2010, 10:24 PM
Rumar

I keep trying over and over until I get it, if I just can't seem to AP that night, I just go to sleep, lol

If it's mid-day, then I'll just do whatever else that comes to mind. APing isn't a big issue for me anymore. But back THEN, I used to get discouraged.