Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Most Anything > Books

Old 28-05-2011, 07:20 PM
ivy71983

The Secret = Awesome Read!

Have any of you read the book "The Secret"? OMG . . . . it really opened my eyes to the law of attraction and how my thought patterns have created the direction my life has gone! Ive been going to Barnes and Noble to read it (when i receive money i will definitely purcahace it) and it made me realize alot about the way i think and how it relates to what has occured in my life. Anyone who has doubts or negative thoughts should definately read this book. Has any of you experienced a better life after reading this book?
Old 29-05-2011, 06:47 AM
Master
Yes I love that book I've read it several times :)
Spiritlite.
Old 29-05-2011, 08:00 AM
MoonDancer

I'm always looking for a book to read!
Who is the author?
Old 29-05-2011, 08:01 AM
Scibat

I watched the documentary, but I have always been a bit dubious on the whole "Law of Attraction" thing. I'm a skeptic, its my nature
Old 29-05-2011, 06:26 PM
happy camper

While you are waiting,you can download an e-book for FREE (and legally to my knowledge,as I understood they want your success,not your money). It is called The science of getting rich by Wallace D. Wattles.
It's written in 1910. I personally enjoy it more than The secret.It has warmer feel to it imo,but the mesage is the same,actually I think The secret is like an later version drawn out of it.
Just google The science of getting rich (+pdf)

It works (my experience)
Old 31-05-2011, 04:49 AM
mattie

Part Of The Answer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scibat
I watched the documentary, but I have always been a bit dubious on the whole "Law of Attraction" thing. I'm a skeptic, its my nature

Its better to be too skeptical than not skeptical enough! LOL. Questioning things is very productive.

Many books such as this are valid, but are just a SMALL part of the overall answer, so to speak. I've never encountered anyone's book or work that was all that one needed to read. It is a good thing as we benefit from input from lots of sources.

These types of books are often useful as gateways to the mass market to those who are beginning to explore these metaphysical areas. They likely wouldn't be appealing if they delved into advanced discussions as they would be a bit overwhelming for newbies. There is a great need for allot of these type of gateway introductions. Hopefully after exploring this the readers will delve into more material.
Old 31-05-2011, 06:22 PM
ivy71983

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Many books such as this are valid, but are just a SMALL part of the overall answer, so to speak. I've never encountered anyone's book or work that was all that one needed to read. It is a good thing as we benefit from input from lots of sources.

I agree Mattie . . . This was my first book on the matter (even though ive seen many) but like you said i like to read different materials on the matter because you always learn something new I do plan on reading some of you guys suggestions. (i love to read )
Old 31-05-2011, 04:47 AM
mattie

Author & Site

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
Who is the author?

http://thesecret.tv/
Old 31-05-2011, 05:51 AM
MoonDancer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mattie
Ah....thank you
Old 06-09-2011, 08:37 PM
flyingunicorn

Quote:
Originally Posted by DevilishAngel
I'm always looking for a book to read!
Who is the author?

i don't know if you're into shamanism but definately recommend "way of the shaman " by michael harner and "women who run with the wolves" by clarissa pinkola