Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Soulmates & Twin Flames

Old 06-06-2017, 03:53 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Follow My Heart or Follow the Evidence?

I'm at a tough spot in my life. It seems that everything I was ever taught about life was a lie. All of it. Career, love, marriage, happiness....it was all a lie. I'm not sure what to believe now.

Take my Twin Flame. Meeting her was the most powerful experience I've ever had. We broke up three years ago, and my heart maintains the very strong feeling that she and I will be together again someday. Nothing feels more certain than she and I being reunited. Our future reunion feels like the greatest, most profound Truth of my life. It is the deepest desire of my heart to be reunited with her. I know in my heart of hearts that she and I will be together again in a beautiful love relationship.

Unfortunately, the facts and evidence in front of me don't support this feeling of my heart. She's been pretty clear that she is not interested in a relationship with me right now. She lives in a different state and there are some barriers to us getting together again.

So which is the truth? Is it truth of my heart, which is the very strong feeling I have that she and I will be together again someday? Or is it the truth of the evidence in front of me, which is that she is either unable or willing (or both) to get back together with me in a beautiful love relationship?

How do I find the truth? Do I follow the truth that is in my heart, or do I follow the truth in the apparent evidence in front of me?

And if my heart is wrong and I should follow the evidence, how do I make sense of the fact that my heart was so horribly wrong about something that felt more true and certain than anything else I've experienced?
Old 06-06-2017, 04:19 AM
Master

Your heart will lead you to your truth
And the truth will lead you home... if you're willing to listen.

Although following the heart of the truth and the truth of the heart can be a funny road.

It requires complete trust and faith in the unfolding of what is both seen and unseen.

If you can really listen to your heart and your intuition it will guide you to where you need to go and that will be your answer for the moment.

I've been on this path for 5 years now and the truth is still revealing itself to me in bits and pieces.

It's basically a puzzle where each new piece is given according to divine timing.
The key to recieving each new puzzle piece seems to be surrender.

There seems to be many levels to surrender.

So far I've experienced surrender of ego Surrender of fear (to move to trust and heart based love)
Surrendering all control to my higher self (it knows better)
Surrendering to the bigger picture and the divine plan - (surrendering to cosmic love and love for earth as a unified force)
Surrendering to recieve

And yet... there is still much for me to surrender
I am surrendering to the continuous cycle of surrender Haha

Last edited by RedEmbers : 06-06-2017 at 05:33 AM.
Old 06-06-2017, 05:32 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Rider
I'm at a tough spot in my life. It seems that everything I was ever taught about life was a lie. All of it. Career, love, marriage, happiness....it was all a lie. I'm not sure what to believe now.

Take my Twin Flame. Meeting her was the most powerful experience I've ever had. We broke up three years ago, and my heart maintains the very strong feeling that she and I will be together again someday. Nothing feels more certain than she and I being reunited. Our future reunion feels like the greatest, most profound Truth of my life. It is the deepest desire of my heart to be reunited with her. I know in my heart of hearts that she and I will be together again in a beautiful love relationship.

Unfortunately, the facts and evidence in front of me don't support this feeling of my heart. She's been pretty clear that she is not interested in a relationship with me right now. She lives in a different state and there are some barriers to us getting together again.

So which is the truth? Is it truth of my heart, which is the very strong feeling I have that she and I will be together again someday? Or is it the truth of the evidence in front of me, which is that she is either unable or willing (or both) to get back together with me in a beautiful love relationship?

How do I find the truth? Do I follow the truth that is in my heart, or do I follow the truth in the apparent evidence in front of me?

And if my heart is wrong and I should follow the evidence, how do I make sense of the fact that my heart was so horribly wrong about something that felt more true and certain than anything else I've experienced?

That is a tough question. Do you follow your heart or what you know to be true currently?

Your heart sounds burdened and heavy. And your thoughts seem to indicate this.

You're feelings about the relationship are not neccessarily wrong. You know how you feel. You strongly feel there is a spiritual connection with this relationship, that can be hard to consider letting go of. You also know at this time, it appears she is not ready or willing to be with you and maintain this relationship. So what is the answer..

But is there really a choice? You can not force it. You can not make her want the same thing.

What choice then is there but to let go and see what happens? And undoubtedly it is going to be hard. But why should it remain that way? Why is it one can not let go of another and pull through the difficulties- which will most likely be emotional at this time, and then flourish?

Why is this individual so important to your happiness? Why is it you do not have faith or believe that you could attain happiness without them?

It seems in a situation where someone is telling you no, you have no choice but to respect that answer and let them go. But you do have other choices. You can choose yourself. You can choose to be happy irregardless of whether you reunite with this individual or not. You are not dependant on someone else to evoke your happiness.

I do not believe in catalysts. I never had a person be a spiritual catalyst for me. I am spiritual already. I do not need another to improve myself spiritually. I do that within. Everyone is quite capable of this. Do not use another as your excuse. Find something you enjoy doing and do that, be with people you enjoy being with. Live your life. Do not take it for granted. Realize that others need to make their own choices as well, and you are not responsible for her. You are responsible for yourself alone, unless you have children, then it's a whole other ball game. Then you are actually quite responsible for someone else, and that includes their safety.

Be happy being yourself. Doing that alone, is following your heart.

Be yourself, be happy with yourself, be who you are, and your heart will follow. And so will the world.

<3
Old 06-06-2017, 06:27 AM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf Rider

You have a choice here. If you feel so strongly about her, you can just lay it all out on the line. There are no barriers to true love.
Old 06-06-2017, 06:49 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay_Reaction
You have a choice here. If you feel so strongly about her, you can just lay it all out on the line. There are no barriers to true love.

I have written her probably more than a dozen emails over the last 3 years, and have sent maybe two of them. I recently wrote her an email where I really laid all my feelings out, but I didn't send it. I am hesitant to send it because I've sent her two messages in the last two months, one a heartfelt invitation to be more open about stuff, and she said she wasn't in a place right now where it would be wise to be more open, and an invitation to try to work things out in a relationship, which she responded to by saying that she is not interested in that right now. I'd love to send her the message where I lay it all out, but since she's rejected two of my attempts to move towards a relationship in the last two months, I feel that sending her a more intense message would come across and desperate and creepy. I'd love to send it, but she's already rejected me recently, and I feel like it would come across as creepy. But the again, what do I know?
Old 06-06-2017, 08:17 AM
Master
i rejected mine for years , kept pushing him away he didnt give up tho . for 22 years lol . i finally had t work it out for mself . at the time i was caught up in a false twin and realised was caught up in illusions .my life didnt get better it got worse the more i ran . i was convinced i was not ready . . in the end i couldnt deny it no longer . now were married and lifes just getting better and better . give her space and time dont overhwlem her just keep being there for .loving and supporting her .

Faith is to believe what you do not see; the reward of this faith is to see what you believe.”
Old 06-06-2017, 12:37 PM
Experiencer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical
i rejected mine for years , kept pushing him away he didnt give up tho . for 22 years lol . i finally had t work it out for mself . at the time i was caught up in a false twin and realised was caught up in illusions .my life didnt get better it got worse the more i ran . i was convinced i was not ready . . in the end i couldnt deny it no longer . now were married and lifes just getting better and better . give her space and time dont overhwlem her just keep being there for .loving and supporting her .

This!!

Perfect example of how things can turn out with some persistence, faith. Yet many here keep insisting to give up.

You just never know.

I say go for it.

Unless you care about what some strangers on a forum labeling it as stalking, obsessive and clinically unhealthy.

This is spiritual forums. Not traditional 3D forums.

What do you have to lose?
Old 06-06-2017, 12:47 PM
Guide

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delay_Reaction
This!!

Perfect example of how things can turn out with some persistence, faith. Yet many here keep insisting to give up.

You just never know.

I say go for it.

Unless you care about what some strangers on a forum labeling it as stalking, obsessive and clinically unhealthy.

This is spiritual forums. Not traditional 3D forums.

What do you have to lose?

Big difference between giving up and getting on with life. The latter means letting go and whatever will be will be; in short, not forcing a situation that can't be forced. Getting on with life is the healthier, responsble and mature choice. Clinging, hoping, wondering, writing endless letters etc, sounds romantic but many many people including yours truly have been on the other end of this kind of situation and believe me it's not all roses when you don't feel the same and just want to be left in peace. Not saying that is how the woman in question here feels, but it could be.
Old 06-06-2017, 03:15 PM
Experiencer

I understand the difference.

I didn't sense from the OP that he doesn't wish to get on with life. I sense there is a connection that is strong within him (and is still strong after 3 years), which many people would dismiss and call it obsessive.

Yes, getting on with life and working on yourself is the mature and responsible choice. Sometimes, there isn't an obvious choice, especially if you feel this strongly about a connection.

You can't presume what the other person is thinking. I haven't sensed that the OP received any negative feedback other than her saying that she wasn't ready for that kind of relationship. Well, guess what? My twin said the exact same thing to me. I kept probing, but did it in a non invasive way, and she fell in love with me after some time.

My only concern is the energy output required to maintain that connection, as everything takes work. If you aren't willing to put in the effort, then I would walk away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hemera
Big difference between giving up and getting on with life. The latter means letting go and whatever will be will be; in short, not forcing a situation that can't be forced. Getting on with life is the healthier, responsble and mature choice. Clinging, hoping, wondering, writing endless letters etc, sounds romantic but many many people including yours truly have been on the other end of this kind of situation and believe me it's not all roses when you don't feel the same and just want to be left in peace. Not saying that is how the woman in question here feels, but it could be.
Old 08-06-2017, 07:10 AM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Quote:
Originally Posted by mystical

I'm really curious - what story were you telling yourself about why you were rejecting him? The TF belief system usually maintains that the Runner runs because they can't stand to face themselves, and they are actually running from themselves, not the Chaser. So if you're willing to share, what story were you telling yourself about why you were running? And what made you change your mind and come back to him?