Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > Astral Projection

Old 05-02-2011, 08:08 PM
Angels3

Are you having an OBE when you dream that you are falling..

Does anyone ever get the falling dream, and before they get to the bottom, they get jolt awake? I sometimes have either that dream or the running dream where I'm running up my street, but then get jolted awake either on my own or from some outside noise (usually dogs lol). Are these aps or obes??
Old 06-02-2011, 04:14 AM
Master
I don't know either.......I used to dream of falling all the time as a child......and sometimes i would get woken up with such a jolt like my body jumped and my heart would be racing.......it happened into my teens then it just seemed to stop.......all i get now is lots of vibrations upon waking....and sometimes when wide awake......strange
Old 06-02-2011, 04:17 AM
Medium_Laura

Dreams about falling usually occur as you are "falling off" to sleep. They may be triggered by a drop in blood pressure, a movement of the fluid in the middle ear, or a limb dangling off the side of the bed. It can very well be the sensation that you feel when you are returning back from astral traveling as well.

As a symbol, falling highlights a loss of emotional equilibrium or self-control. You may fear "letting go" in real life. Anxiety usually accompanies this dream. It may represent your insecurity, a lack of self-confidence, a fear of failure or an inability to cope with a situation.
Old 06-02-2011, 04:19 AM
AngelBreeze

Warm greetings, Angels3!

You ask about the dreams you have had about falling and running. In answer to your question, no, I don't believe those are tied to out of body experiences even if you feel like you're coming back down into your body.That is more of a reflexive action due to the type of dream you were having.

Having said that, when we dream we often travel into the world of spirit but upon returning, we usually would remember little about those dream visits if in effect, they were of such a nature, but there are of course, exceptions. Whereas, you seem to remember what you were doing quite clearly. In an OOBE, one generally knows it and it feels quite different as it did for me when I experienced one. The feeling there is not about feeling like you're falling but rather of ascending or floating upwards out of your body. With running, it is believed that one is trying to escape from a personal problem or such especially if it occurs once too often.

When you experience an OOBE as well as a NDE, you will know it for sure! There will be absolutely no doubt about it and it would feel like nothing you ever experienced before. So, rest assured that the dreams you are having seem to better signify your wanting to run away from something because you feel you are dropping out of favor in some way from that which you are faced with in your normal life. But know that you can tackle any problem you have with the right focus and the attitude that you can RISE above it rather than fall from it and into the grip of the unknown.

Many blessings to you!
Old 06-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Angels3

Quote:
Originally Posted by AngelBreeze
You ask about the dreams you have had about falling and running. In answer to your question, no, I don't believe those are tied to out of body experiences even if you feel like you're coming back down into your body.That is more of a reflexive action due to the type of dream you were having.

Having said that, when we dream we often travel into the world of spirit but upon returning, we usually would remember little about those dream visits if in effect, they were of such a nature, but there are of course, exceptions. Whereas, you seem to remember what you were doing quite clearly. In an OOBE, one generally knows it and it feels quite different as it did for me when I experienced one. The feeling there is not about feeling like you're falling but rather of ascending or floating upwards out of your body. With running, it is believed that one is trying to escape from a personal problem or such especially if it occurs once too often.

When you experience an OOBE as well as a NDE, you will know it for sure! There will be absolutely no doubt about it and it would feel like nothing you ever experienced before. So, rest assured that the dreams you are having seem to better signify your wanting to run away from something because you feel you are dropping out of favor in some way from that which you are faced with in your normal life. But know that you can tackle any problem you have with the right focus and the attitude that you can RISE above it rather than fall from it and into the grip of the unknown.

Many blessings to you!

Hi Breeze! Just a quick question.. You said that when we dream we travel into a kind of spiritual world, is that everytime we dream??? Thanks for your imput
Old 07-02-2011, 10:37 AM
Master
Quote:
Originally Posted by Angels3
Hi Breeze! Just a quick question.. You said that when we dream we travel into a kind of spiritual world, is that everytime we dream??? Thanks for your imput

Not speaking for Breeze, but in my view it's not so much that spiritual dream work is done in other worlds but in a higher level of our own consciousness, in or out of body. Most dreams are from the subconscious mind, of course.

Xan

Old 06-02-2011, 10:04 AM
Master
A sense of falling can come with returning to the physical body after having been out, as we normally are during sleep.

Xan

Old 06-02-2011, 02:50 PM
Administrator
Totally agree xan

Namaste
Old 06-02-2011, 02:53 PM
Medium_Laura

Yep, I do it too. :)
Old 06-02-2011, 06:40 PM
Angels3

Thanks for the info guys. The running bit seems really interesting since I haven't had it in a while (had everything squared away in my life), so it does make sense!