Spiritual Forums

Home

Donate!

Articles

CHAT!

Shop

Welcome to Spiritual Forums!.

We created this community for people from all backgrounds to discuss Spiritual, Paranormal, Metaphysical, Philosophical, Supernatural, and Esoteric subjects. From Astral Projection to Zen, all topics are welcome. We hope you enjoy your visits.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest, which gives you limited access to most discussions and articles. By joining our free community you will be able to post messages, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload your own photos, and gain access to our Chat Rooms, Registration is fast, simple, and free, so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, check our FAQs before contacting support. Please read our forum rules, since they are enforced by our volunteer staff. This will help you avoid any infractions and issues.

Go Back   Spiritual Forums > Spirituality & Beliefs > General Beliefs

Old 29-08-2016, 10:30 AM
Pathfinder

What is the meaning of faith?

Hello Guys,
According to you guys what is the meaning of faith?
Old 29-08-2016, 12:55 PM
Newbie ;)
Seeker

Umm... To me it is what you believe, like what reality you create for yourself and... What actions you decide to take according to your beliefs...
Old 01-09-2016, 01:25 PM
Guide
When I was younger, I was taught it meant blind, absolute obedience and subjugation of free-will. Which I promptly discarded. :P

When I got older, and studied my practiced, I realized that I had faith in my teacher. Not due to blind, unquestioning obedience, but because I had experienced enough truth to extend logic without having to see everything to it's most extreme. It became easy to imagine/understand what steps would lead there and how. I didn't need to derive from my folder of experiences to understand, many probabilities became easy to fathom. A removal of doubt was distinct.

I guess in concrete terms, I could extend credit of believability since the foundation of understanding was solid, it was easy for me to imagine the truth behind even the improbable without having to experience it directly. Then anything was possible i.e faith.

What does faith mean to you?
Old 01-09-2016, 11:21 PM
Faith, you asked what 'we' think is the meaning...um,
unless you have experienced something profoundly and directing...
it is a 'nice' thing...a sweet thing, imo.
Nothing wrong with it, it brings much hope and happiness to many.

But, it is blind.

Rather, experience directly and have knowledge, rather than faith.
My opinion, having had both...direct knowledge is way more powerful
and satisfying...I believe it is what God prefers...direct knowing of Him,
instead of some belief and faith in Him and His will and Works and
whole Being.
Know everything about this Being and Creation, I say.
Faith is settling....know.

*I'll text in Navy Blue when I'm speaking as a Mod. :)

Prepare yourself for the coming astral journey of death by daily riding in the balloon of God-perception.
Through delusion you are perceiving yourself as a bundle of flesh and bones, which at best is a nest of troubles.
Meditate unceasingly, that you may quickly behold yourself as the Infinite Essence, free from every form of misery. ~Paramahansa's Guru's Guru

Old 02-09-2016, 12:25 AM
Gracey

trust...............
Old 02-09-2016, 05:14 AM
Deactivated Account
on those lines, hope :)
Old 02-09-2016, 06:35 AM
Guide
I remember when I asked God for a lesson on faith. He removed from me everything I knew, and all the power of my knowledge and abilities. I was in danger and all I had was faith. I saw that having this faith was almost like knowing, it was a trust and knowing I would be Ok. I asked God for more faith then and I felt like I could do anything with it, achieve any dream and conquer any obstacle. It was, I found, the greatest thing in existence. Jesus was right, a small seed of faith can move mountains. I remember how powerful my knowing was, is, and can be. It all started with belief and trust and listening to God and seeking Him. The truth of the matter is God works in mysterious ways and knows all things when we do not, and so a lil faith is needed. We do not know everything God knows and so we must trust Him and this is where blind faith comes in.

I remember when my power of knowing was strong, and almost everything i knew would come to pass. I had many demonic forces threatening to control me and kill me. I prayed to God for protection. I had faith. Turns out my enemies attacked me as I knew they would and I knew I was going to die. I knew and believed. Death bore down on me and everythign turned black. Then a vision of a holy Angel came to my body, which i could see all around me. The Angel saved me from my impending doom. Faith saved me triumphing over my knowledge, my knowing, my will to die, and my faith in God prevailed yet again.
Old 02-09-2016, 06:42 AM
Newbie ;)
Knower

my faith meaning is that I am just me and thats good enough always :-)
Old 02-09-2016, 10:02 AM
Master
Faith is to believe in what you cannot see
Old 02-09-2016, 02:22 PM
Master
faith is the bridge between not knowing and knowing